Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline approaching - Will the Jays be buying? Answer: Yes they will. TULO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Wtf. I fell asleep early on the couch and this is what I wake up to. Pure insanity. Hate losing Hoffman but them the breaks. Crazy that someone here said his name the other day and I said where would he even play lol. We joked about Reyes. AA you never cease to amaze me. He is determined to win with pitching

T'was me :laugh:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
No, can't trade picks in baseball (well, not regular picks. There are some picks that can be traded, but the specifics escape me at the moment). But we could end up with a FA that would require a 1st round compo pick if signed (can't think of who off the top of my head. Buehrle I guess?)
Yea it would be a comp for Buerhle if they qualify him

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
He most certainly is, when he's healthy and playing to his capabilities.

"when healthy" is the part that keeps him from perfection. But his bat is perfectly capable of playing well at DH as he ages. This isn't some sort of "his bat is good for a SS, but poor at other positions" type deal. his bat is damn good for basically any spot in the lineup, and for at least a few more years he's going to provide a big defensive boost at short and a real arm firing on those shots to the hole. instead of Reyes' sort of noodly soft tosses. Donaldson/Tulo/Travis/Smoak around the infield just might be teh best defensive IF in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad