Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline approaching - Will the Jays be buying? Answer: Yes they will. TULO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I'd love to see him up. Tulo in the fold over Reyes negates any offensive drop-off from the Carerra/Colabello tandem to Pompey (and I can't believe I just wrote that) and the added D in the OF would be nice. Plus you can keep Carerra as the 4th OF, which I think is a much more suitable job for him. Though it would be hard to squeeze Colabello onto the bench without having to take out of the pen.

Pompey also replaces any speed Reyes provided in the lineup. Nice to get his switch hitting bat in the lineup as well.

You could definitely help this pitching staff by upgrading SS and LF defensively. Both were sore spots so far this season.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
You don't know Tulo.

Health aside, gave away an at best neutral asset in Reyes because of his contract, got the best offensive shortstop in baseball by a country mile and an above average defender for 5 years.

If Tulo has injuries or gets "old" his bat woild easily play at DH
Thats true. I do believe Tulo has said he is going to stick at SS no matter what, but maybe thats cause moving him to second was in the discussion. Maybe he's open to dh'ing. Hopefully a pitcher in the system makes some major strides next year, maybe Osuna will be that if he's in the minors as a starter.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Thats true. I do believe Tulo has said he is going to stick at SS no matter what, but maybe thats cause moving him to second was in the discussion. Maybe he's open to dh'ing. Hopefully a pitcher in the system makes some major strides next year, maybe Osuna will be that if he's in the minors as a starter.

SRF and Jon Harris probably both primed for quick promotions. Could both be in Buffalo by next fall.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I'm a huge fan of Carrasco, and he's arguably worth that price, but... holy ****.

Well, the article by Elliott says:

The Jays did offer lefty Daniel Norris, No. 1 pick Jeff Hoffman and outfielder Dalton Pompey in talks with the Cleveland Indians for right-hander Carlos Carrasco.

So, that may mean those were the names that came up as opposed to being a package. But who knows?

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Kawasaki will be the 3rd minor leaguer and he will end up becoming a superstar SS. Book it.

...then the Jays will acquire Jacob deGrom for Melky Mesa and a Chad Beck baseball card.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Kawasaki will be the 3rd minor leaguer and he will end up becoming a superstar SS. Book it.

...then the Jays will acquire Jacob deGrom for Melky Mesa and a Chad Beck baseball card.

as long as we can hang onto heavily coveted Jonathan Diaz I'm down for anything.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm glad the Reyes-Jays era ended on a good note.

It never got to the point where it was unbearable and nasty.

We saw moments of where his career is going, but we never truly went down that road.

For that I am happy. I get to hang up my Reyes jersey with pride, and find a new jersey to don. Any suggestions?

Donaldson. obviously.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Wtf. I fell asleep early on the couch and this is what I wake up to. Pure insanity. Hate losing Hoffman but them the breaks. Crazy that someone here said his name the other day and I said where would he even play lol. We joked about Reyes. AA you never cease to amaze me. He is determined to win with hitting

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Im not sure about this. Tulo's age and injury history, Bautista and EE nearing the end of their contracts. Dickey and Burele nearing the end of their contracts and maybe careers. I feel like the window with some big pieces of this core might be really short and to be honest i dont think this core as it is can win a world series. I'm just not sure what pitcher or pitchers the jays could acquire.

I guess im just trying to say that i dont think Tulo puts us over the top and i dont even know if we'd be good enough if we acquired a Hamels.

I liked the idea of acquiring a new SS but with Tulo i see some of the same issues i had with Reyes. Huge SS contract past 30 with injury concerns.

Not trying to be negative. I am excited because Tulo is a terrific player but at the same time it feels like the window is small and the team is still incomplete and likely going to lose pieces in the net few years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad