NHL Trade Deadline - 4/12 @ 3 PM. ET- TSN/ESPN+ 8 AM, NHLN 10 AM, ESPN2 2 PM, NESN+ 2:30 PM - PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Heinen
Donato
Bjork

For

Ritchie
Coyle
Hall

is A+ GMing

I won't count Hall unless they win, or he's wearing a Bruins jersey next season to that list.

The list of what they've given up for rentals is much longer and extensive for a total of about 80+ games among 7+ players.

Not criticizing this move, just keeping expectations tempered until it unfolds.

The cup cures all sins though.

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
He scored 19 goals last year before the shutdown. Then 27 goals before that. This year has been a crazy one. I have no doubt he will score 20 goals again. I'm not using this year as a measure for anyone.

If I'm the Bruins I keep him.

Fair enough. I just worry that he'll get another concussion and be in the Kase category of players.

It isn't that I dislike him, BTW -- I just think Hoffman could be an easy get and improve the team.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It's a 1st plus for each clearly.
One can dream:laugh::laugh:

I want to see the medical report on our walking injured D corp and Goalie before feeling good about letting a first go unless it's a steal. Hence the dreaming!!!!!

Hall and Reilly are excellent adds -- both given our needs and the cost to get them. Both give us a chance to improve (possible significantly) at very little cost today and moving forward. However, before we go in with real assets, I sure would love to get a real assessment of our health situation. Which sadly no one is going to give to me. Which makes total sense since no one is asking for my permission on trades either.:laugh:

Reactions: BruinDust

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Don't disagree, its an easy solution..but just because it seems easy, doesn't mean I'd do it.

On paper, we finally have legit top 6 players....having Jake on the 3rd line with Coyle is something I wanted the entire year. I think both Coyle and Debrusk will benefit from a new 2nd line.

With Hall on the team, I don't think we need Hoffman's skillset...yes he is a gifted shooter, but I now want someone a little more responsible defensively...especially if I envision them dropping C.Smith to the 3rd line down the road.

Fair points --- I just worry about having to match TB goal for goal in the Conference Finals and having enough guns to do it.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Without Kevan Miller in the lineup this season we are on the outside looking in. You'd have to be King Solomon dispensing wisdom from the throne to convince me otherwise.

Of all the money on that chart, to focus on the pittance that is Miller (for the return) boggles the mind.

Hes played in 18 games and has 2 points. If the Bruins are unable to overcome that loss they're pretty screwed anyways. I'm focused on those two because those are the two guys that Sweeney didn't need to bring back. Debrusk is a waste but its somewhat defensible to give him that deal considering the situation.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Fair enough. I just worry that he'll get another concussion and be in the Kase category of players.

It isn't that I dislike him, BTW -- I just think Hoffman could be an easy get and improve the team.
This reminds me of my ex-wife/ first marriage lol.

Reactions: sarge88

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Fair points --- I just worry about having to match TB goal for goal in the Conference Finals and having enough guns to do it.

Don't disagree....but I'd be more worried about figuring out who can keep them off the score sheet.

Tampa is solid defensively and just added Savard...IMO, we still don't have anyone that can stop Point.

Reactions: sarge88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad