Speculation: Trade Deadline #3 - Wings do nothing, MOD warning post #1

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
I disagree. Filppula has 0 value to the rangers. Sheahan has a likely hood of being a 3rd line C, Brassard is already a top 9 center, some might even consider him a top 6 center. It'd have to have been Nyquist/Tatar, I thought Moore was doing better this year and that he had done better recently he's on the level of Kindl but has more value because he's 4 years younger.

I'd definitely consider that, Tatar/Nyquist+Kindl+Tootoo/Abdelkdaer+2nd

Then something like Sheahan/Andersson, which is still doable.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Other than the fact Gaborik got traded for not a whole lot and I think we coulda made that move, I have no problem with the Wings staying put.

It was unrealistic to think they'd trade Cleary, no matter how bad we want it, and I doubt Eaves and Miller have any value, but White probably coulda been moved to free up the defensive logjam.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
As for the Gaborik stuff, I would've loved to see him on the Wings - but the Rangers won that trade for sure.

6th rounder is nothing.

Brassard wasn't fitting in Columbus future plans, many wanted him to be traded. Easily replaceable. Good player, nice vision, but little soft and perimeter guy. Probably not going to breakout. Jenner likely ready next year.

Dorsett is loss but his bottom 6er. Heart and soul gúy but this is Mariam Gaborik.

Moore was expandable as Columbus has

Johnson
Tyutin
Nikitin
Prout
Murray
Erixon
Savard
Mike Rielly
Goloubef
3 1sts this year

and so on.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I wonder if Kenny is really trying hard to make deals but is lowballing/over valuing our roster players/ prospects and that's the real reason nothing is getting done. Then he is giving lip service to the media about ''liking our team''. It's like that movie Titanic,the ship is sinking yet the band is still playing the music to make us feel 'comfortable'...

Probably would've have offered Cleary even up for Gaborik

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think the Pominville trade was pretty good for Minny. Johan Larsson is a 3rd line prospect/fringe top6 and then Hackett. That's not a ton to give up.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Moore isn't much considering they still have Murray. Dorsett is only good for a couple dumb penalties, and Brassard is the only big loss.

Detroit Sports*

Probably would've have offered Cleary even up for Gaborik

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Kenny would never do that.We need at least NYR 1st this year back also. He has character issues like Semin does. :sarcasm:

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
St. James:
It's official: #RedWings make no trades before today's deadline. Prices too high, management very pleased with what's in pipelines.

Prices too high at the deadline? No way!

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
lets actually hope they pass us

better draft pick

less likely we get a good player on draft day

force sh.. bag kh to overpay howard and filppula

replace kenny

Mindfly? :laugh:

Honestly, I would rather keep the playoff streak alive, get a slightly worse pick, and then have Kenny make some moves either at the draft or during the offseason to help us long term than tank it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad