Speculation: Trade Deadline #3 - Wings do nothing, MOD warning post #1

Eyeblink

The Authority
May 27, 2011
Wisconsin Dells, WI
Pominville to Minnesota per RenLavoieRDS: Jason Pominville échangé au Wild. #transaction2013

Pommers for Johan Larsson and Matt Hackett and maybe some draft pick(s).

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I think the CBJ package is closer to
Signed Flip
Slightly less valuable Helm
Kindl

I don't think I'd pull the trigger on that.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
As for the Gaborik stuff, I would've loved to see him on the Wings - but the Rangers won that trade for sure.

A lot of HFB posters say Sather always wins trades. I tend to agree.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
The NHL's expanded roster limit after the deadline is just enabling Ken Holland's hoarding addiction.
We'll lose White, Miller, Filp, and Cleary (oh god please) for nothing.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
CLB package is much better than Filp, Cleary, Andersson

CLB players are signed.

2nd and Ferraro is no use to NYR this year.

Ok how about Filppula, Kindl and Abdelkader. Coulda thrown in one of Cleary/Andersson/Prospect and 2nd too.

Last edited:

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Derek Dorsett = Justin Abdelkader
John Moore = Brian Lashoff

We didn't have a Brassard, but really?

I disagree. Dorsett reminds me more of a Steve Downie type who could maybe get to Clarkson status. I think Brassard is the big piece, he's going to be good.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
wait and here I thought those red wing fans said it would cost us a first rd pick plus nyquist plus smith to land gabby?

no no no, that was the cost to land jaybo..

no no no wait we're gonna be very aggressive at the draft because thats when only the real trades happen

no no no wait, lets just trade our first for brett lebda..

go kenny go

Detroit Sports*

I wonder if Kenny is really trying hard to make deals but is lowballing/over valuing our roster players/ prospects and that's the real reason nothing is getting done. Then he is giving lip service to the media about ''liking our team''. It's like that movie Titanic,the ship is sinking yet the band is still playing the music to make us feel 'comfortable'...

crashman

My only complaint is that we have all these extra depth forwards, defeseman and a really solid stock of prospects, but what's going to happen is many of those players are going to be let go at the end of the season and a lot of these prospects aren't going to pan out.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I still don't think Gaborik at his salary and health issues is worth giving up youth on this team.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Johan Larsson = Riley Sheahan
Matt Hackett = Petr Mrazek

Was it going to be worth it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad