Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I think the CBJ package is closer to
Signed Flip
Slightly less valuable Helm
Kindl

I don't think I'd pull the trigger on that.

That's my take as well. New York did well. Fair trade for both sides.

Shame, though, was hoping deep down Gabby could get a go with Dats.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I wonder if Kenny is really trying hard to make deals but is lowballing/over valuing our roster players/ prospects and that's the real reason nothing is getting done. Then he is giving lip service to the media about ''liking our team''. It's like that movie Titanic,the ship is sinking yet the band is still playing the music to make us feel 'comfortable'...

Kenny is the king of low balling. He thinks the Winged Wheel discount still works.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Why? The equivalent deal for Gabby would be: Nyquist/Tatar+Smith+Tootoo/Abdelkader

I'm not sure I want to pay that price for Gaborik at his age.

Pomminville would have been Mrazek+Sheahan.

No thanks too both deals.

The equivalent would have been something like Flip/Sheahan, Abdelkader, Kindl.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Well at least Columbus fans know what their team wants to do.

Honestly, I would take a risk on Gaborik. GMs need to take risks to get rewards.

crashman

I be rejoicing about the CBJ trade if we were going to stay in their division. They're not in a position to be "going for it", this is just to appease fans. Bad move for their future.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I would caution when evaluating the terms of another team's trade, that we don't immediate substitute subjectively equivilent Red Wing assets and condemn Detroit for not making the same trade.

Our estimation of a player's worth is not necessarily the same value of the opposing General Manager. Additionally, if Detroit were to approach them, the negotiated terms of the asking price may have been far different than what was agreed between the other two teams.

Playing "Red Wing Player X is as good as Traded Asset Y! Why didn't we make that trade?" - is a fruitless exercise.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
the fact is, the price to land gabby was not very high

no 1st rounder, no real blue chip prospects and no high end core young players

nothing else matters

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
The equivalent would have been something like Flip/Sheahan, Abdelkader, Kindl.

I disagree. Filppula has 0 value to the rangers. Sheahan has a likely hood of being a 3rd line C, Brassard is already a top 9 center, some might even consider him a top 6 center. It'd have to have been Nyquist/Tatar, I thought Moore was doing better this year and that he had done better recently he's on the level of Kindl but has more value because he's 4 years younger.

I'd definitely consider that, Tatar/Nyquist+Kindl+Tootoo/Abdelkdaer+2nd

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I be rejoicing about the CBJ trade if we were going to stay in their division. They're not in a position to be "going for it", this is just to appease fans. Bad move for their future.

Terrible move for the future, yes. :sarcasm: All they have are 3 first round picks for one of the deepest first rounds in years.

Eyeblink

The Authority
May 27, 2011
Wisconsin Dells, WI
@hosea24hours: Something happening: Luongo called off ice! #Canucks

Iain MacIntyre ‏@imacVanSun 46s
Roberto Luongo first guy off ice after practice. Unusual.

We'll see.. TOR?

Detroit Sports*

I would caution when evaluating the terms of another team's trade, that we don't immediate substitute subjectively equivilent Red Wing assets and condemn Detroit for not making the same trade.

Our estimation of a player's worth is not necessarily the same value of the opposing General Manager. Additionally, if Detroit were to approach them, the negotiated terms of the asking price may have been far different than what was agreed between the other two teams.

Playing "Red Wing Player X is as good as Traded Asset Y! Why didn't we make that trade?" - is a fruitless exercise.

Co-sign this. But I think we are all just super anxious to get a least something to make us better than yesterday! I know their are deals to be made!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad