Speculation: Trade Deadline 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
You won't, but what if I sell you on the next GM buying him out? Maybe not this summer ... but definitely the next to help accommodate Hintz.

$783,333 for 2 years follow by 2 years of $1,433,333.

*This is not an endorsement for Petry. I don't really want to see a potential new GM deal with even more contracts next year.
Nope.
That is like adding petry at 7m, and 7.6m, and he himself would likely have to be bought out too.
Just a whole lot of nope

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Nope.
That is like adding petry at 7m, and 7.6m, and he himself would likely have to be bought out too.
Just a whole lot of nope
I see the fear, but I don't agree with the application entirely.

1) The remainder of Petry's cap hit would be at that $783,333 rate.

2) I wouldn't add that cap hit to Petry, just the way I look at it, you add it to the guy replacing Suter. Same with Khudobin even though that's not an option because of the injury. Had Khudobin been bought out, the question is can you save money still be replacing him with a better option. I think the answer would have been yes on Khudobin.

For me .. the Suter buyout isn't dependent on Petry. I think it eventually happens anyway. I just don't know if it's 2024 or 2023. I think it's probably 2024 though. The only thing Petry would impact in my mind is the buyout probably happens sooner.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Isn't Holtby only day to day, hopefully he returns soon. Oettinger is being run into the ground and its affecting his performance

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I could see Leddy. de Hann makes some sense since he can play both LD and RD.

I think my top choice is still Holl, but I see where Cap'n is coming from about Fleury. I just can't wrap my head around young guys with Nill ever since I saw that wild stat about acquiring a 27-year-old or younger player only 5 times.

Yeah, for me I look at someone like Vince Dunn and think that would be a very expensive get, and I'm not convinced he'd be worth the price, so I went with a logical and potentially undervalued player in Fleury. I was just trying to find a sensible theory to all the scouting between Seattle and Dallas, and it was the best thing I could come up with that didn't include Giordano, because that would be awful and I don't want to think about it. I also don't want to think about NYR eating Radulov's salary and turning around and getting Giordano because they have the same cap hit, and so does Petry.

I legit thought Leddy was on an LTIR vacation, I had no idea he was still playing hockey.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Remember when Sekera cried that he and Polak were splitting games?

My guess is this is a player request to move to a team where he can actually get in the lineup and play.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
2 scouts watching arguably the 2 frontrunners for Klingberg if he was to be moved :sarcasm:unfortunately both of these teams also have dmen we would probably be interested in

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Liljegren has grown on me a bit. I've watched him more lately. He's not a Klingberg replacement despite being drafted as an offensive defender, but among the theoretically available D, he's probably among the best combo of current help and upside. I've seen some suggest Toronto would be wise to not move him. I'm not sure how they feel about him though honestly.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

This says he had concerns over the bubble lifestyle, injuries, and play time. His play time was only hindered by Sekera, as far as I remember. I don't remember anything about Sekera complaining, but maybe I missed something. I just remember Polak bitching about play time.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Is anyone else surprised that Suter is playing on the top PP unit while Klingberg is on the 2nd? I know it's struggled some, but that doesn't feel like a tactical move.

Bones will Bones so it could just be some odd coaching decision. In fact, that probably makes more sense, but it's a little suspicious with the timing ... the same day they also waive Sekera to open up cap space.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
... and just as I type that paranoid conspiracy theory, they go back to Klingberg to start the third. In the previous 2 periods, Suter did come out with the top unit though I'm pretty sure. I know he did to start the 3rd PP at the 3rd of the 2nd. I've seen him a few times with them.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So that likely seals the deal on any Klingberg trade if it wasnt already. Only hope is some team comes out and blows Nill away with a proposal now after this performance by Klingberg.

Stars now in a playoff spot. What depth dman or 3rd/4th liner are we targeting?

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
So that likely seals the deal on any Klingberg trade if it wasnt already. Only hope is some team comes out and blows Nill away with a proposal now after this performance by Klingberg.

Any 40 year old vets available?

BG44

Jul 19, 2021

I mean they're clearly targeting a defender or they wouldn't waive Sekera. If the assumption is they keep Klingberg, I think you're targeting a guy that can play both RD and LD. That may give the leg up to de Hann. I'm not sure if Leddy plays RD.

While Heiskanen is out ....

LD: Suter, Lindell, Harley
RD: Klingberg, de Haan, Hakanpaa

When Heiskanen returns ...

LD: Suter, Lindell, de Haan
RD: Heiskanen, Klingberg, Hakanpaa.

I still prefer they don't take Harley out of the lineup and they do trade Klingberg, but who knows.

Reactions: LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I mean they're clearly targeting a defender or they wouldn't waive Sekera. If the assumption is they keep Klingberg, I think you're targeting a guy that can play both RD and LD. That may give the leg up to de Hann. I'm not sure if Leddy plays RD.

While Heiskanen is out ....

LD: Suter, Lindell, Harley
RD: Klingberg, de Haan, Hakanpaa

When Heiskanen returns ...

LD: Suter, Lindell, de Haan
RD: Heiskanen, Klingberg, Hakanpaa.

I still prefer they don't take Harley out of the lineup and they do trade Klingberg, but who knows.

If we prefer it, then it's likely the opposite will happen

Side note: I see Seth Jarvis has fallen off production-wise :sarcasm:

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
The Athletic's Fluto Shinzawa wrote in a story published Thursday that "the Blackhawks are looking for a second-round pick" for de Haan, and that the Los Angeles Kings and Vegas Golden Knights have "inquired" about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad