Speculation: Trade Deadline 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021

Key takeaways ...

1) Florida is in the market for a dynamic, top-end defenseman. Preferably someone on the right side that can push Gudas down to the 3rd pair.

2) Tampa Bay claims to have no cap space to make a move.

3) Toronto Maple Leafs need a partner for Jake Muzzin. They don't seem to think Nick Robertson is on the table for trade.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Despite the GM's protest about cap space, Tampa Bay clearly has the ability to add. They've shown a willingness to add LTIR players (Seabrook) to manufacturer cap space, and beyond that, they've can use a 3rd team to retain. Now I could buy a reluctance to give up premium assets though. They have virtually no depth outside of their Top 6 though. Perry has been putting up decent points though.

I think Radulov actually makes quite a bit of sense for them because his acquisition cost will be low.

Even if the trade isn't for a Dallas roster player, Ben Bishop actually makes quite a bit of sense for Tampa Bay. Dallas can only move Bishop if they go full sale since they wouldn't require LTIR any longer. They're already committed to 2 more years of LTIR with Seabrook. Tampa is already a contender and potential favorite not making any moves, but adding Bishop gives them an opportunity to load up some value trades (Radulov) or even a bigger fish (Pavleski).

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
barkov + lundell for klinger

Have our Finns contact those two and make them demand a trade to West Finland
Don’t forget Sebastian Aho and Laine. I’m sure they will like West Finland as well.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Don’t forget Sebastian Aho and Laine. I’m sure they will like West Finland as well.

We’ll get Aho for Rads and Laine for Sekera + Raffl

Someone make me the GM already

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
He may be older, but don't we have to discuss the possibility Mikko Rantanen is a better fit for this team than Laine?

Why not both though?

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
What you may not appreciate is that Dallas is just one trade away from 4 Finnish defenders once they acquire Topi Niemela from Toronto in a package for John Klingberg.

Suter-Heiskanen
Lindell-Niemela
Harley-Hakanpaa

If they'd just buyout Suter, trade Harley, and sign Ristolainen and Maatla this summer .... pure bliss.

Heiskanen-Ristolainen
Lindell-Hakanpaa
Maatta-Niemela

Sad how narrow minded you all are only thinking forward.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
What you may not appreciate is that Dallas is just one trade away from 4 Finnish defenders once they acquire Topi Niemela from Toronto in a package for John Klingberg.

Suter-Heiskanen
Lindell-Niemela
Harley-Hakanpaa

If they'd just buyout Suter, trade Harley, and sign Ristolainen and Maatla this summer .... pure bliss.

Heiskanen-Ristolainen
Lindell-Hakanpaa
Maatta-Niemela

Sad how narrow minded you all are only thinking forward.

As if P-Laine can’t play the point????

everyone winz when everyone finnz

Reactions: Johno

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Florida, unlike other top teams at the TDL, could be focusing on forward and depth scoring rather than D. Even if more and more players, especially ones with families, are reportedly less willing to go to Canada, I don't think the Flames every really had a great shot at being a Top 3 team where Pavelski would be willing to go.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Big win for Winnipeg. They're only 3 points back of Dallas and even in games played. Depending on what happens tomorrow, it sets up a potential 4 point swing that could result in Winnipeg pulling within 1 point with a game in hand on Dallas Friday night.

At this point, SJ and VAN seem unlikely with the numbers of games they've played to be a serious threat unless they go on extended winning streaks. By this weekend though, that three-team race for 8 could very much become a 4 team race.

Things aren't looking so great in Edmonton though tonight down 3-0 to Vegas after 2.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Can’t wait for us to trade Klingberg for Chase Priskie, Spencer Knight and a conditional 1st

Sucks I can’t support the Panthers anymore, just as they were getting fun to watch.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
If it makes you feel any better, the only 1st you're getting from Florida is 2023. You'd be free to enjoy them this season. Then you'll probably have to hope they thread some conditional needle that is at minimum lottery-protected if not Top 5/10 protected. Basically, you'd want them to miss the playoffs and not win the lottery or finish so low to trigger the condition without a lottery win.

Also that Guzda bullet point was just click-bait. In the video they said they don't believe there is any connection between signing Guzda and potentially trading Knight.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
The Bottom 8 in the East suck so bad. It's already improbable that any of them could even catch Dallas. It seems fair to say the absolute highest Dallas could pick is 12th, and that's even not likely to happen. The reality is their range is probably 14-17.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Can’t wait for us to trade Klingberg for Chase Priskie, Spencer Knight and a conditional 1st

Sucks I can’t support the Panthers anymore, just as they were getting fun to watch.
Curious as to why?

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Edmonton loss leaves them 1 point ahead of Dallas and even in games played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad