GDT: Trade Deadline 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Chevy's poor asset management continues. The Little extension is a money pit. His cap has tied our flexibility to address the 2C position mid/long-term, cost us first round picks in b2b drafts because he hasn't found chemistry with any of our top 6 wings (minus Wheeler perhaps, but they never play together anymore). He was a big no-show during last year's run and will probably cost us additional assets to rid his contract in the future.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Chevy's poor asset management continues. The Little extension is a money pit. His cap has tied our flexibility to address the 2C position mid/long-term, cost us first round picks in b2b drafts because he hasn't found chemistry with any of our top 6 wings (minus Wheeler perhaps, but they never play together anymore). He was a big no-show during last year's run and will probably cost us additional assets to rid his contract in the future.

That's pretty pessimistic and ignorant. If Roslovic had seized his opportunity we could have had internal competition. Thankfully Little has been producing. He can't defend what his wingers don't cover. Or defense breaks down on. We added more options. Little could still be a #3 centre down the road, as Lowry may only have 2 years left, before someone gives him Little money, on the market. Still playing good 2 way hockey. No-show in the playoffs? Did you watch them? I don't think he took a shift off. Some people though...

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Well, that was interesting. Happy with the Hayes trade - I think we bolstered an area of need at forward without selling the farm. Liked how Lemieux's game was rounding out, but a late 1st and Lemmy was a fairly small ask for the best centre available during this TD. The conditional pick - I won't give a crap if we have to give it up, as ... well, we'll be SC champs.

Continue in the regular Trade rumours thread, or the individual player threads: Speculation: - Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad