GDT: Trade Deadline 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We will just have to argue about line combinations

This is what I think

1st line - --Laine - Scheifele -Wheeler

2nd line - Connor - Hayes -- Ehlers ( super fast line)

3rd line -- Copp-- Lowry -- Tanev --( great checking line-can score)

4th line -- Perrault --Little -- Roslovic ( or Appleton) --can score here

What do you think ?? --looks pretty solid to me ??? -- I like it very much, and Laine belongs on the 1st line--he's starting to play better

Haven't decided on defense yet--to many injuries --also "new guys"

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Guess you never saw Hayes in his Jets' jammies, hey?

No I didn't but glad to hear he likes the Jets. Maybe if he fits in with the club, he'll be open to resigning here. That be great, as it looks like he's on pace for 65 points.:thumbu:

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011

No I didn't but glad to hear he likes the Jets. Maybe if he fits in with the club, he'll be open to resigning here. That be great, as it looks like he's on pace for 65 points.:thumbu:
Something something Tkachuk is related to him so he cheered for the Jets as a kid

He might be on pace for 65 points now, but I see that pace picking up when he gets wingers like Ehlers, Connor, Roslo or Laine, a strong 1st line in front of him and Lowry's line handling shut down duty.

I'm pretty excited, honestly. As nice as having Stone would be, Hayes was my guy for sure.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Something something Tkachuk is related to him so he cheered for the Jets as a kid

This makes sense as Tkachuk was from Boston, and I just read today that Hayes is also a Boston kid. So, I guess there's some truth to this. Hayes also said--he now considers New York--his home. I hope he's open to resigning.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

This is what I think

1st line - --Laine - Scheifele -Wheeler

2nd line - Connor - Hayes -- Ehlers ( super fast line)

3rd line -- Copp-- Lowry -- Tanev --( great checking line-can score)

4th line -- Perrault --Little -- Roslovic ( or Appleton) --can score here

What do you think ?? --looks pretty solid to me ??? -- I like it very much, and Laine belongs on the 1st line--he's starting to play better

Haven't decided on defense yet--to many injuries --also "new guys"
I like that. However, I have a hunch that Maurice will move Laine off the top line and play him with Hayes and Ehlers. Connor would go back to the top line. Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler have not been good this year, but they had a good run late last season, so let's hope that they get back their mojo and that Laine and Ehlers click with Hayes.

That bottom-6 is great, especially considering that a very skilled Appleton and serviceable Par Lindholm are waiting in the wings.

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I like that. However, I have a hunch that Maurice will move Laine off the top line and play him with Hayes and Ehlers. Connor would go back to the top line. Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler have not been good this year, but they had a good run late last season, so let's hope that they get back their mojo and that Laine and Ehlers click with Hayes.

That bottom-6 is great, especially considering that a very skilled Appleton and serviceable Par Lindholm are waiting in the wings.

Agree with what you say here, except I'd like to see Laine stay on the 1st line. I feel he needs sheltering, and feels more confident with the older guys. ( helps him) So far with them --he's been playing really well-- not just scoring either.

I guess we'll see what Maurice does ??

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Remember that before Ehlers got injured it was Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler doing very well, and Connor and Laine looking good together. Don't see any reason PoMo would go back to Connor-Scheif-Wheeler any sooner than Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Is it just me but did Stone and Duchene go really cheaply? I'd actually rather have Hayes than any of them (well maybe Duchene, hard to say) but Columbus and Vegas didn't really give up a lot for them?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Is it just me but did Stone and Duchene go really cheaply? I'd actually rather have Hayes than any of them (well maybe Duchene, hard to say) but Columbus and Vegas didn't really give up a lot for them?

Brannstrom is really, really good. No late 1st would equal him right now. Duchene went for about as expected.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
So a first and a second round pick, effectively. Kinda what we gave for Hayes.

Not really. Brannstrom is a cut above the 25th-31st pick in the 2019 draft. The odds of that pick ending up like him are pretty slim.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
OK, glad that is over.

Now, does this kick the Jets out of the crapper they have been in lately?

Is Hendy going to take the whole effing team out behind the ice-plex, one player at a time and show them real leadership? Or what? :laugh:

Hendrix will go all Negan (referencing The Walking Dead) on the Jets roster. He’s got a hockey stick wrapped in barbed wire that he’ll use to teach them a lesson. He is the Saviour!!!!

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
read the Mark Stone discussion thread at some of the prices sense fans wanted...talking combinations of brannstrom/1sts/hague/glass.... they got Brannstrom and that's it.

I can believe that. You read some silly stuff in the trade forums, that's a given.

Brannstrom is definitely the best single future piece that went anywhere. But Vegas got their moneys worth out of it too. So did Stone for that matter lol

Either way, I'm happy with what we came away with. A bit underwhelmed maybe, but we have seen this formula work before.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Brian Burke was just on the radio. First, and no offense, Burkie (and I'm sure you'll read this since previous lawsuits suggest you frequent blogs), but man, did he ever sound intoxicated on air. Some slurring. Couldn't pronounce Bobrovsky.
he made a few surprisingly good comments.
one was about Stone. He hates the contract. 8 years. stone is turning 27 this May. that's a long deal. said that Wpg and Calgary were smart to not make the deal.
Jets: likes the Hendricks and Hayes move. Seemed to know a bit about the Jets because he rattled off all the problems (zone breakouts, special teams, etc etc). Said there's clearly something happening in the locker room, with Laine, Scheifele and Wheeler going cold, the goofups and the goals. Said they should be up there in the league with TBay but aren't for some unknown reason.
He then went Full Burkie and said how he wanted all of his teams to be fighters. Loved his old Hartford team. Didn't like Ron Wilson as a coach because he was against fighting. lol.

Do you have a link to this Burke interview? I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Just realised Appleton survived the TD, congrats to him!
(too bad for our friends Lemieux and Petan though)

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013

This makes sense as Tkachuk was from Boston, and I just read today that Hayes is also a Boston kid. So, I guess there's some truth to this. Hayes also said--he now considers New York--his home. I hope he's open to resigning.
My understanding Hayes was having dinner with Tchachuk last night

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
My understanding Hayes was having dinner with Tchachuk last night

Which Tkachuk --Keith, Matt, or the other young one in Ottawa ( forgot his name)

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013

Which Tkachuk --Keith, Matt, or the other young one in Ottawa ( forgot his name)
Keith is in Winnipeg for a lunch.
The Winnipeg Jets Hall of Fame Luncheon will take place on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at The Fairmont Hotel in Winnipeg. The afternoon will also pay tribute to Winnipeg Jets captains, past and present. Joining current Winnipeg Jets Captain Blake Wheeler, confirmed attendees will include Morris Lukowich, Dave Christian, Lucien DeBlois, Dale Hawerchuk, Thomas Steen, Dean Kennedy, Keith Tkachuk and Kris King. The event will be hosted by Jets insider Jamie Thomas and will feature a live Hot Stove hosted by Scott Oake.

Lars-Erik Sjoberg and Ab McDonald will be recognized posthumously at a special ceremony at the team’s “alumni night” game Feb. 26 at Bell MTS Place.

Interesting that Tkachuk brother n law is also Craig Oster a nhl agent

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
So your saying that Hayes is already here in Winnipeg, and met with Keith--right ?? -good.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
A quote from this article in The Athletic.

That scout must have a very low opinion of Brannstrom or a very high opinion of Brendan Lemieux, because you'd have to be crazy to roll the dice on another late round pick hoping the player selected projects better than Brannstrom.

Honestly, I don't get that valuation. Brannstrom is a blue-chip prospect. Lemieux was not and is not that. Yeah, the pick's upwards of 20 spots earlier, but I don't think the total value is close.

Maybe that particular GM really bought what the Jets were selling on 48.

Do you have a link to this Burke interview? I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Around 14:30:

Brian Burke recaps the NHL's trade deadline - Sportsnet.ca

His assessment of the Colorado game was pretty accurate--makes sense since he covered it--but otherwise doesn't seem to know what he talking about. He calls Stone 30-years-old, for example.

Doesn't sound drunk, though. Just Burkie, which is a guy who has Cherry's filter can follow a game without confusing himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JetsFan815

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
PoMo wanted 4th line Jesus to emerge again so the line (by PoMo) will be as follows:
Connor - Scheif - Wheeler
Ehlers - Little - Laine
Copp - lowry - Tanev
4th line Jesus MP - Hayes - HENDCRICKS

I'll get my coat an show myself out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad