Trade Deadline 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I don't think that's a credible source, and we already have a bunch of middle six left wingers (although Lee is looking like better and better each game on the top line).

MBossy22

Feb 9, 2015
Long Island, NY
I don't think that's a credible source, and we already have a bunch of middle six left wingers (although Lee is looking like better and better each game on the top line).

The Article states New York Islanders, and MTL Canadians are also on "HIS" list. He can want to go wherever he wants, doesnt mean the Isles are interested in HIM!

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Screw Glencross and bergy...very little interest and petty much 0 after they demanded a trade...don't need guys like that. Want a good 3rd liner ? Jussi Jokinen.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
He's a damn good player though. I really like Glencross.

I agree. All I would look at right now is:

Is the player on a short contract?
Is he better that Strait and Donovan?
Will he cost much in trade?
Is he defensively sound?

Sounds like a fit there.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Glenncross is a left wing no?

Lol, yes, but those are my general requirements. The defenseman we need more than CGc will fit those parameters. We likely need to fill a depth hole though at forward with all the forwards we have lost. That is where CGc comes in.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Staple tweeting about Wisniewski being a healthy scratch tonight against the Rangers. Interesting

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
the strength of this team now is a glaring need. We need another forward with the rest of the season in question for Grabo and KO so we can get back to rolling 4 lines.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
the strength of this team now is a glaring need. We need another forward with the rest of the season in question for Grabo and KO so we can get back to rolling 4 lines.

Probably another D-man also, plenty of rental guys available. Winnik and Michalek would be tremendous additions to this team IMO and probably wouldn't need to give up much other than picks.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I remember seeing an "elite penalty killer" thread to the isles, but for some reason no one really liked the canucks guys we offered up. don't know why tbh

a free one will probably be brandon mcmillan. he's here to just plug in because we're injured up front, and will probably be back on waivers within the next few wks

he's very pluggy, doesn't skate fast. but, he's been very good on the penalty kill IMO.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I remember seeing an "elite penalty killer" thread to the isles, but for some reason no one really liked the canucks guys we offered up. don't know why tbh

a free one will probably be brandon mcmillan. he's here to just plug in because we're injured up front, and will probably be back on waivers within the next few wks

he's very pluggy, doesn't skate fast. but, he's been very good on the penalty kill IMO.

We have the personal to be competent on the PK, its the system that kills us. Its completely useless, and Cronin is an awful PK coach that needs to be fired asap.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Every time we talk about getting a bottom-6 PKer like McClement or now I guess McMillan I just don't see a fit for where they'd play at even strength.

And WangMustGo is right, it's all Cronin. We have the personnel to have the best PK in the league.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
More rumors about Lupul. I remember a few years ago guy lit the lamp almost every time he shot the puck. I even made a splash screen for my tablet of a video of him breaking the goalie cam.

Just wish he wasn't so injured all the time and he was more of a rental than still having four years left on that contract. Stupid leafs. Still, I'm not a math guy but if the Isles could get him in without running into danger of throwing the cost of small island at Boychuk I'd deal a 2nd and Donovan for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad