Trade Deadline 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I notice the Islanders have problems against bigger physical teams. I believe the key to beating the Islanders in a short series, is to bang the hell out of Tavares. Keep taking him in, without any fear or retribution and watch what happens. It will be very ugly.

This is part one. Part two, is clogging up the neutral zone and preventing the Isles transitioning with speed. But, I agree the Isles need more size up front and on the defense.

Nosebleed40

May 2, 2013
Hockeybuzz is trash. The only time he is right is when the trade is actually announced. IslandersPointblank says they will most likely make no deals.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
What would you like to see happen?

If you can keep Boychuk, then do it. If you can't, then Isles have to gamble on wooing someone in UFA, which has been an annual problem. Winning and BC help, however, it's not a cure all and automatically puts Isles in a players Top 5 of desired places.

Resign Viz for 1 season ONLY. He's gonna break down in year 2 guaranteed. If he stays for next season, it keeps the youngsters getting quality ice time and developing. Viz will get injured as usual. Isles can call-up as needed. His transition game is really valuable to this team. Thank god for Leddy, otherwise, Isles would be hurting now and in the future.

If Viz walks, give Donovan a shot.

If they don't resign Boychuk and Viz, then required to pay UFA money to McQuaid, Petry, Sekera, etc.

PoPo22

Nov 12, 2007
i may be in the minority but I would actually like to have Sean Bergenheim back always loved how he played and would definitely add to the PK

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
i may be in the minority but I would actually like to have Sean Bergenheim back always loved how he played and would definitely add to the PK

Totally agree. Never understood why we let go of him. He is also a monster in the playoffs.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Need to add maybe some depth at both D and F. Need a PK guy. This team will be bounced early with their special teams the way they are now.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
All this team needs is to get healthy anyway. We're going to easily make the playoffs, we dominate possession.

Halak gets even lukewarm for a couple weeks and we're in the catbird seat.

Kind of worried about him. very streaky. he has been pretty good all year, but when he is bad, he is bad. Last night as an example.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
I'm not sure if the Isles need another forward, and if they do, the guy if definitely not Chris Stewart. I'm not sure why there is an obsession of getting a police officer for the first line. Their job is to put up points. Stewart sucks.

Also, if Franson returned a 1st, so I wouldn't be shocked if Petry did. I don't think we have the assets to acquire Petry nor the room to resign him.

I'm not sure if Pulock's injury has set his development back at all, but I (along with a lot of others), have projected him to take over for Vis next year. I'd also move Hickey and bring in a veteran with size for the next two years (like Florida did with Willie Mitchell) and pair him next to Pulock and be a placeholder for Reinhart.

It wasn't Franson that returned a first. It was Franson AND Santorelli.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://islanderspointblank.com/islanders/isles-will-be-quiet-at-the-deadline/

The Islanders won’t be active at the trade deadline.

Citing sources inside the organization, the NY Post writes that New York will stand pat before the March 2 cut off.

“The reason is twofold,” the Post’s Brett Cyrgalis writes. “The Islanders are atop the Metropolitan Division and, baring a monumental collapse, sailing into their second playoffs in the past eight seasons. The other reason is the organization doesn’t have many draft picks — the most coveted trade chips — and the young players who would be asked for are pretty much all off-limits.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/02/23/report-islanders-prepared-to-stand-pat-at-the-trade-deadline/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — If you are expecting the Islanders to add some pieces for a run at the Stanley Cup, you may end up being disappointed.

According to a report in the New York Post, the Isles (39-20-2), who have been at or near the top of the Eastern Conference all season, do not plan to be buyers prior to the March 2 trade deadline, and are prepared to go to war in the playoffs with the team as currently constructed.
The Post’s report on one hand makes sense, but on the other is curious.

The Islanders, who could probably use a veteran goal scorer and a depth defenseman, are hurting when it comes to trade assets in the form of preferred high draft picks. They traded their 2015 first and second rounders to Buffalo in October of 2013 as part of the package to get forward Thomas Vanek. The move was considered a big risk at the time and ended up backfiring when Vanek chose to sign with Minnesota during free agency this past summer.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
There's a point in one of those links about how the Isles' trade deadline was October, and that sounds about right. There's not much room to make a deal, even with all the injuries.

As for the continued business with O'Reilly, I wouldn't be surprised if Garth at least contacted the Avs about him. They're not overpaying though, unless the injury situation gets much worse.

scott99

May 13, 2005
There is a report on twitter that 2 Isle's Scouts (didn't know they had more than 1 lol) are at tonight's Coyotes/Devils game.

BroadwayJay*

We have the Coyotes tomorrow. Perfectly normal to send an advance scout.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
You guys do realize you can and should scout regardless of whether or not you're going to make a move right? It can only help your organization.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
Islanders point blank has gone completely downhill since bota left. They name no credible sources and its pure speculation.

scott99

May 13, 2005
You guys do realize you can and should scout regardless of whether or not you're going to make a move right? It can only help your organization.

Nope, you are wrong, we are getting Yandle from the Coyotes for McDonald and Mallrat.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Having scouts at the game literally means nothing.

Nope, you are wrong, we are getting Yandle from the Coyotes for McDonald and Mallrat.

LOL.

For some reason, this post from you made me laugh.

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...m-Deal-Close--Kassian-Involved--Isles/1/66603

I'm just curious, how many times has Eklund actually been right?
With his NYI "rumors," probably zero. Supposedly he has (or had) a connection within the Philly organization, and decided at some point to start pretending he has connections in every organization. 99% of the time, he makes common sense observations about what a team might do (ex: the Isles getting one or two pieces to gear up for a playoff run) and spins them into made-up rumors to get fans riled up. I've said it a million times, nobody should be giving this guy any attention.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
With his NYI "rumors," probably zero. Supposedly he has (or had) a connection within the Philly organization, and decided at some point to start pretending he has connections in every organization. 99% of the time, he makes common sense observations about what a team might do (ex: the Isles getting one or two pieces to gear up for a playoff run) and spins them into made-up rumors to get fans riled up. I've said it a million times, nobody should be giving this guy any attention.

Eklund did break the Tim Thomas "cap floor" signing for us. He does hit, albeit rarely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad