Rumor: Trade Deadline 2015 the aftermath, the debate and process of an Autopsy of the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
I could care less about what they do at home. Most professional athles are p.o.s.' in regular life. You take most young men and give them millions, all the women they want plus free stuff everywhere they go and see how they turn out. If the guy can help the team win then who really cares. Once he does his jail time then his debt to society is paid.

Nor everyone is like that. It depends on your upbringing and values. Also people can change their bad habits at a young age.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Petition to Katz to improve and replace the loser management OBC or you will have no more fan support and lose millions. Hopefully he won't move the team but if that's what it takes to get a more rsponsible owner ...

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Petition to Katz to improve and replace the loser management OBC or you will have no more fan support and lose millions. Hopefully he won't move the team but if that's what it takes to get a more rsponsible owner ...

Don't, because though the message might be right, it's seen out of market as "wow that's one entitled fan base, I don't want to deal with there BS if I have a couple bad weeks"

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Don't, because though the message might be right, it's seen out of market as "wow that's one entitled fan base, I don't want to deal with there BS if I have a couple bad weeks"

We're at the top of players no trade list anyway. That won't change until the team improves and that won't happen until MacT and Lowe are gone.

Oilers fans are awesome, they just need something to cheer for. Players know that passionate fans are rough when you're super bad, but when we're in the playoffs that crowd will give you chills it's so electrifying.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
We're at the top of players no trade list anyway. That won't change until the team improves and that won't happen until MacT and Lowe are gone.

Oilers fans are awesome, they just need something to cheer for. Players know that passionate fans are rough when you're super bad, but when we're in the playoffs that crowd will give you chills it's so electrifying.

We're good fans, but we're a pretty entitled group though, and even if the team were good, it would still scare some off I suspect.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
We're good fans, but we're a pretty entitled group though, and even if the team were good, it would still scare some off I suspect.

Entitled? We all loved the '06 run, and we all knew how unlikely it was. Which was part of the fun.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
I don't think we act entitled at all, just needy. Very, very, needy.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Entitled? We all loved the '06 run, and we all knew how unlikely it was. Which was part of the fun.

We are, it's not hard to spot

The '06 was magically, and something to behold if you were a player, however there are many "fans" who look at it as "just a fluke" and "wish the team didn't go on it to set unrealistic expectations"

Neatman

Mar 9, 2011

"Good fans" but an "entitled" group? What does that even mean?

People who put a lot of money, time, and attention into something expecting that something to be worth their time? MADNESS!

The fact that the Oilers still have fans at all suggests they have the best fans any team could ask for. Especially for a team only concerned with nepotism and making money.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
We are, it's not hard to spot

The '06 was magically, and something to behold if you were a player, however there are many "fans" who look at it as "just a fluke" and "wish the team didn't go on it to set unrealistic expectations"

So wanting our team to play hard every night and be able to compete in almost all games played makes us entitled?

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Oiler fans are entitled? Yeah ****ing right. The Oilers haven't had an above average regular season in 25 years! Entitled to what?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

The Oilers fan base is arguably the least entitled fan base in the NHL
Consistent bottom 5 finishes and the seats continue to be filled

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Apparently having the expectation that your team makes or at least competes for the playoffs makes you entitled.

Maybe this fanbase was the most entitled back in the dynasty days but things have long changed since then.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
work in progress

let see if tis works

Date| Oilers | Oilers got | to | Other team | what they got |Comment

March 2nd 2015| Oilers | 2015 2nd round pick2015 conditional 5th round pick | to | Montreal | Jeff Petry |So in a bout SIX FRIGGEN YEARS WE WILL KNOW ABOUT THIS DEAL
Jan 2nd 2015| Oilers | Rob Klinkhammer2015 1st round pick | to | Pittsburgh Penguins | David Perron |a 4th liner and a pick. Perron did not want to be an oiler is the only positive thing on this trade. 3 years before we say who won or loss
Dec 29th 2014| Oilers | Derek Roy | to | Nashville Predators | M ark Arcobello |Roy has been magic with Yakupov—Archobello has been waived since the deal
Nov 20th 2014| Oilers | Kellan Lain | to | Canukcs | Will Acton |I did a dance around my apartment when I heard about this deal—was hoping Keith was added
June 29, 2014| Oilers | Teddy Purcell | to | Tampa Bay Lightning | Sam Gagner |Gagner flipped to Arizona 12g and 19a for 31pts—Purcell 9-19-28
June 25, 2014| Oilers | My whipping Boy | to | Columbus Blue Jackets acquire | 2015 5th rounder |do not know what is worse—give a 5th rounder for a healthy scratch or paying him 9mill over 2 seasons to be out of shape
March 5, 2014| Oilers | 2015 3rd round pick 2014 5th round pick | to | Ottawa Senators | Ales Hemsky |5th round pick Liam Coughlin coke machine 6 years away being conservative
March 5, 2014| Oilers | 2014 5th round pick | to | Columbus Blue Jackets | Nick Schultz |Irony—the 5th rounder we got we traded for my whipping boy who was a healthy scratch with the BJS
March 4, 2014| Oilers | Viktor Fasth | to | Anaheim Ducks | 2015 3rd round pick 2014 5th round pick|Deal I hate because we gave up two picks for a guy who sucks.. Ducks took Matthew Berkovitz with the pick
March 4, 2014 | Oilers | 2014 4th round pick | to | Minnesota Wild | Ilya Bryzgalov |William Lagesson dman Swedish-never seen him play—but he is a long term project based upon what I have been told
January 31, 2014 | Oilers | Mark Fraser | to | Team B | Teemu Hartikainen Cam Abney b] |Mean nothing deal—accept that Teemu plays with Anton Slepyshev in Russia—and the slug Abney is in friggen Bakersfield—Fraser UFA to NJD
January 17, 2014 | Oilers | Steve Pinizzotto Jack Combs | to | Florida Panthers | Ryan Martindale Derek Nesbitt |Dead weight for dead weight
January 15, 2014 | Oilers | Ben Scrivens | to | Los Angeles Kings | 2014 3rd round pick |Dominic Turgeon taken by DRW after several traedes
January 15, 2014 | Oilers | Matt Hendricks | to | Nashville Predators | Devan Dubnyk |Most of us were happy DD was gone—went through Montreal and Phoenix and now is struggling in minny
December 19, 2013 | Oilers | Mr Jack **** | to | Buffalo Sabres | Linus Omark |Mr Jack **** was told he needed to work on his game on the farm and jumped the first plane home
November 8, 2013| Oilers | Roman Horak Laurent Brossoit | to | Calgary | Ladislav Smid Olivier Roy | | Question children. Who would you rather have My whipping boy at 4.5 a year for being out of shape or SMID who LIVES IN EDMONTON YEAR ROUND at 3.5?—discuass—I know a few people say Brossoit is our future number 1—I say he is a career AHL |
October 21, 2013| Oilers | 2014 4th round pick| to | San Jose Shark | Mike Brown | | Zach Nagelvoort Goalis Collage taken with pick
July 10, 2013| Oilers || to | TB | PB | | Comments
July 10, 2013| Oilers |David Perron| to | St. Louis Blues | Magnus Paajarvi 2014 2nd round pick | | Remember the trade the oilers made that cost them a chance at Zack Parise? Blues took Ivan Barbashev and he is looking and sounding good right now
July 6, 2013| Oilers |Lee Moffie | to | San Jose Sharks | Kyle Bigos | | I think Moffie now works a Dunkin Donuts
July 4, 2013| Oilers |Philip Larsen 2016 7th round pick| to | Dallas Stars | Shawn Horcoff | | This is a deal that made nearly everyone happy—but me—Horcoff got too much money so you all went bat **** crazy—whether you like it or not—he helped shelter Nuge and with Horcoff gone—Nuge got exposed—if we do not sign Roy-history will repeat itself—just my opinion—the team needs a vet center and lets see how much it will cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad