Rumor: Trade Deadline 2015 the aftermath, the debate and process of an Autopsy of the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
MOD EDIT: I understand having a hub is important at this time of year. This is a great one [LINK]. Lets keep this Oilers-centric on HFOil.

CURRENT RUMORS: TRADE DEADLINE EDITION

JEFF PETRY - Traded to MTL for 2nd & cond. 5th (1st round playoffs = 4th, 2nd round playoffs = 3rd)

ANDREW FERENCE

Mar 1st - Dreger says Ference is garnering interest.

TEDDY PURCELL
Chronologically...

-----

[currently cleaning table]

deadline day
TEAM A | Players Aquired | to | Team B | Players Aquired |comments
ST. LOUIS BLUES | D Zbynek Michalek | to | ARIZONA COYOTES | Maxim Letunov and Conditional 3rd-round pick (2015 |comments
Montreal Canadiens | Brian Flynn | to | Buffalo Sabres/b] | 5th-round draft pick (2016) |comments
Montreal Canadiens | Jeff Petry | to | Edmonton Oilers | Up set fans |Yandle and coburn reset the valuw
San Jose Sharks | Ben Smith/b] | to | Chicago Blackhawks | Andrew Desjardins |comments
New jersey devils | 3rd-round pick (2016) | to | Detroit Red Wings | Marek Zidlicky |comments
VANCOUVER CANUCKS | F Sven Baertschi | to | CALGARY FLAMES | 2nd Round Pick |comments
BOSTON BRUINS | F Maxim Talbot | to | COLORADO AVALANCHE | F Jordan Caron |comments
MINNESOTA WILD | F Chris Stewart | to | BUFFALO SABRES | 2017 2nd Round Pick |comments
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS | D Ben Lovejoy | to | ANAHEIM DUCKS | D Simon Depres |comments
ANAHEIM DUCKS | D James Wisniewski | to | COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS | F Rene Bourque, F William Karlssonand 2015 2nd Round Pick |comments
MONTREAL CANADIENS | F Torrey Mitchell | to | BUFFALO SABRES | Prospect andDraft Pick |comments
ST. LOUIS BLUES | F Olli Jokinen | to | TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS | 2016 6th Round Pick (Conditional) |comments
ARIZONA COYOTES | G David Leggio | to | NEW YORK ISLANDERS | F Mark Louis |comments
MINNESOTA WILD | D Jordan Leopold | to | COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS | Players Aquired |comments
VANCOUVER CANUCKS | F Cory Conacher | to | NEW YORK ISLANDERS | F Dustin Jeffrey |comments
NEW YORK ISLANDERS | G Michal Neuvirth | to | BUFFALO SABRES | G Chad Johnson,2015 3rd Round Pick |comments
BUFFALO SABRES | F Freddie Hamilton | to | SAN JOSE SHARKS | D Karl Stollery |comments
PITTSBURGH PENGUINS | D Ian Cole | to | ST. LOUIS BLUES | D Robert Bortuzzo and 2016 7th Round Pick |comments
NEW YORK ISLANDERS | F Tyler Kennedy | to | SAN JOSE SHARKS | 2016 3rd Round Pick (Conditional) |comments
DETROIT RED WINGS | D Marek Zidlicky | to | NEW JERSEY DEVILS | 2016 3rd Round Pick |comments
ANAHEIM DUCKS | F Michael Sgarbossa | to | COLORADO AVALANCHE | D Mat Clark |comments
ANAHEIM DUCKS[ | D Korbinian Holzer /b] | to | Toronto Maple Leafa/b] | Eric Brewer and a fifth-rounder |comments

Trades on march 1st

Boston Bruins | F Brett Connolly | to | TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING | 2015 2nd-Round Pick and 2016 2nd-Round Pick |comments
DETROIT RED WINGS | F Erik Cole2015 3rd-Round Pick | to | DALLAS STARS | D Mattias Backman, F Mattas Janmark and 2015 2nd-Round Pick |comments
NEW YORK RANGERS | F James Sheppard | to | SAN JOSE SHARKS | 2015 4th-Round Pick |comments
NEW YORK RANGERS | D Keith Yandle, D Chris Summers and 2015 4th-Round Pick | to | ARIZONA COYOTES | F Anthony Duclair, D John Moore, 2016 1st-Round Pick and2015 2nd-Round Pick |Ariozona pays 50% of contract
WASHINGTON CAPITALS | F Curtis Glencross | to | CALGARY FLAMES | 2015 2nd-Round Pick and 2015 3rd-Round Pick |comments
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS | Radko Gudas, a first round pick and a third round pick, both in 2015 | to | Tampa bay | Braydon Coborn|

feb 28th
CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS | F Antoine Vermette | to | ARIZONA COYOTES | 2015 1st-Round Pick andD Klas Dahlbeck |comments
ANAHEIM DUCKS | F Tomas Fleischmann | to | FLORIDA PANTHERS | F Dany Heatley and 2015 3rd-Round Pick |comments
WASHINGTON CAPITALS | D Tim Gleason | to | CAROLINA HURRICANES | D Jack Hillen and 2015 4th-Round Pick |comments
TEAM A | Players | to | Team B | Players |comments
TEAM A | Players | to | Team B | Players |comments

Last edited:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
How are Yandle and Coburn returning 1st round picks +++ a bad sign for the Oilers?

Petry is arguably the best defenceman available and isn't on a terrible contract (ala Phaneuf)

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Very curious to see what we get for Petry, considering what all these other Defenceman are landing.

I heard a Sobotka and a 3rd from St. Louis rumor.

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
Very curious to see what we get for Petry, considering what all these other Defenceman are landing.

I heard a Sobotka and a 3rd from St. Louis rumor.

I'd like that trade alot. However I'm not to sure about his status. Sounds like he has to be sign to come back over here. St.Louis has his rights. Don't quote me on this but I read somewhere St. Louis offered him 2 yr. 6 mil deal and right now he is making 4 mil. But man would Nuge, Roy, Sobotka, Lander, Gordon be alot better depth. He also played alot of wing for st.louis so with a health roster.
Pouliot-NUGE-Eberle
Hall-Roy-Yakupov
Sobotka-Lander-Purcell (hopefully not)
Wagon line

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2014/07/11/the-interesting-case-of-vladimir-sobotka/ here is a good article on it.

Last edited:

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
How are Yandle and Coburn returning 1st round picks +++ a bad sign for the Oilers?

Petry is arguably the best defenceman available and isn't on a terrible contract (ala Phaneuf)

It's the Vanek scenario, all the interested parties have already traded away their best trading chips (1st round picks) so we could end up settling for scraps.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Petry is nowhere near their catagories--it is an arms race and a lot teams are looking at what has been done and are stepping back from the table

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
disagree and I am one of Petry's biggest supporters on this board--he is nowhere near in the catagory of Yandle or Coburn

People got to remember these guys are still under contract too. I don't value him over Yandle but I think he's close to coburn if he was a free agent. Coburn does have a the offensive side he use to and he's starting to slow down.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
It's the Vanek scenario, all the interested parties have already traded away their best trading chips (1st round picks) so we could end up settling for scraps.

Market is also getting down. Not a good sign. If Petry was not retain 1st round pick MacT should be fired immediatelly.

Market has show'n also that Purcell and Frerence could have been traded.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
disagree and I am one of Petry's biggest supporters on this board--he is nowhere near in the catagory of Yandle or Coburn
Yandle absolutely but saying he isn't in Coburn's category is just not true. And you yo-yo so much on what you think will happen it is hard to keep track. Petry will be dealt today although the return could be very underwhelming due to his pending UFA status.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not expecting a lot to be honest.

Favorite trade deadline was 2006 when I was looking at available goalies and happened to be looking at Dwayne Roloson's stats in one tab, when I refreshed the Oilers main page on the other tab and it had been announced that we acquired Roloson. I think everyone thought we were targetting Martin Biron.

Guess that was meant to be.

Worst trade deadline was the one the year after where Ryan Smyth was traded and it didn't come out until after the trade deadline had actually passed.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
all I know is that, after years of enduring our management and OBC, I have conditioned myself to follow a very solid mantra:

don't get your hopes up.

The Oilers will not be better by this afternoon and doubtfully have a better outlook going forward, either. Not a prediction, but a state of mind.

worst trade deadline was 2013. the shortened season. they were sitting in 8th place, and Tambo picks up Jared Smithson.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Hawks listening on Raanta/watch Edmonton
Sources out of Canada hinting that Antti Raanta could be part of an up to 6-player/prospect swap with the Oilers (not including Patrick Sharp), though a smaller deal is more likely. A Chicago source tells me the Hawks will likely be quiet today but the team is listening and getting a lot of interest on Raanta.
Source: John Jaeckel

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
To be honest I almost rather they not do much.

Just get a 2nd for Petry and be done with it (or a RHD defensive prospect). If you can move Fasth or Ference too do it.

Don't do anything big, because odds are you'll do something stupid.

Just shut your mouth, show up at the draft, take the BPA, extend Nelson, resign Roy and get the heck out of your own way.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hawks listening on Raanta/watch Edmonton
Sources out of Canada hinting that Antti Raanta could be part of an up to 6-player/prospect swap with the Oilers (not including Patrick Sharp), though a smaller deal is more likely. A Chicago source tells me the Hawks will likely be quiet today but the team is listening and getting a lot of interest on Raanta.
Source: John Jaeckel

If there's nothing else I'd probably do Petry + Fasth (salary retained) for Raanta + CHI 2nd

OF17

Dec 2, 2007
en France
Not expecting a lot to be honest.

Favorite trade deadline was 2006 when I was looking at available goalies and happened to be looking at Dwayne Roloson's stats in one tab, when I refreshed the Oilers main page on the other tab and it had been announced that we acquired Roloson. I think everyone thought we were targetting Martin Biron.

Guess that was meant to be.

Worst trade deadline was the one the year after where Ryan Smyth was traded and it didn't come out until after the trade deadline had actually passed.

What a trade deadline that was, too. Roloson, Spacek, Samsonov, Tarnstrom a little earlier. One of those deadlines for the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad