Rumor: Trade Deadline 2015 the aftermath, the debate and process of an Autopsy of the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Screw us hard in 3-4 years? Then we trade him to someone looking to get above the cap floor.
If I have learned anything from the NHL, it is that you can find a way to trade the Horcoffian contracts.
In case it comes up, Boychuk will never be a Clarkson or Richards type contract.

Yeah maybe, though the thought of Draisaitl, Strome/Hanifin, and Nurse needing to be re-upped could get troublesome.

That said, he'll probably sign with the Islanders anway, so it's likely a bit of a pipe dream.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Yeah maybe, though the thought of Draisaitl, Strome/Hanifin, and Nurse needing to be re-upped could get troublesome.

That said, he'll probably sign with the Islanders anway, so it's likely a bit of a pipe dream.

I am honestly not too worried about that. We keep seeing high salary players moved for a minimal return. It makes me less cautious than I used to be. Even given the circumstances of the deal, seeing Clarkson traded means anything can happen. Except for Mike Richards I guess.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I really want Ryan Ellis.

RH shot, brings offence off the back end, young, has played with Hall in Windsor. I think he could do well here with 1st unit PP time.

I wonder if we can parlay the PIT 1st into a center for Nashville, thereby we end up with Ellis.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I really want Ryan Ellis.

RH shot, brings offence off the back end, young, has played with Hall in Windsor. I think he could do well here with 1st unit PP time.

I wonder if we can parlay the PIT 1st into a center for Nashville, thereby we end up with Ellis.

1st unit PP but what pairing at ES?

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
What does Yak + 2016 1st get you?

I think 2016 1st + Marincin could return Seabrook + Sharp if the cap really does become an issue for the Hawks. My issue there is that Seabrook probably leaves after the year

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
1st unit PP but what pairing at ES?

Any one? I don't think he's any more of a liability than anyone else on our d-corps right now. +11, granted that's on a good team, but I don't believe he's partnered with Weber or Josi in Nashville.

I don't think he's softer than our 6'2/6'4 softies in Schultz and Marincin, remember when he levelled Hall.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Any one? I don't think he's any more of a liability than anyone else on our d-corps right now. +11, granted that's on a good team, but I don't believe he's partnered with Weber or Josi in Nashville.

I don't think he's softer than our 6'2/6'4 softies in Schultz and Marincin, remember when he levelled Hall.

He's a stocky guy for sure. Right now I can't get to the real time stats for him on NHL.com so I'm not sure how many hits he has.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
So everyone but Fasth and Roy are under contract control for next year.. meaning that the only real way MacT is going to be able to change this team is via trade or draftees...

Rishaug expects MacT to hold off on resigning Roy until he finds out if he is drafting #1 or #2. Its a stupid move in my opinion, you can never have too many NHL centres..

They could technically buyout Nikitin but I doubt they do because MacT would look like an idiot for signing him. He would probably have him struggle all year than buy him out..

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Pouloit-McEichel/Roy-Yakupov
UFA/Draisaitl-Lander-Purcell
Klinkhammer-Gordon-Hendricks
Frazer/Gazdic

Klefbom-Schultz
UFA/Trade/Marcinin-Fayne
Ference-Nikitin

UFA/Trade
Scrivens

Thats how I see the realistic line up looking like next year. Not what I want, but what I think it will look like.

So unless that UFA/Trade defence man is a bonafide #1 and the goalie is a bonafide starter as well as Edmonton winning the draft lottery for McDavid, I don't see this team improving next year..

Divine Wind

So everyone but Fasth and Roy are under contract control for next year.. meaning that the only real way MacT is going to be able to change this team is via trade or draftees...

Rishaug expects MacT to hold off on resigning Roy until he finds out if he is drafting #1 or #2. Its a stupid move in my opinion, you can never have too many NHL centres..

They could technically buyout Nikitin but I doubt they do because MacT would look like an idiot for signing him. He would probably have him struggle all year than buy him out..

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Pouloit-McEichel/Roy-Yakupov
UFA/Draisaitl-Lander-Purcell
Klinkhammer-Gordon-Hendricks
Frazer/Gazdic

Klefbom-Schultz
UFA/Trade/Marcinin-Fayne
Ference-Nikitin

UFA/Trade
Scrivens

Thats how I see the realistic line up looking like next year. Not what I want, but what I think it will look like.

So unless that UFA/Trade defence man is a bonafide #1 and the goalie is a bonafide starter as well as Edmonton winning the draft lottery for McDavid, I don't see this team improving next year..

MacT already does look like an idiot for signing him. Buying him out would be publicly admitting he made that mistake though, and that is simply something this team does not like to do. Their egos are so massive and always come off so arrogant about their superior hockey knowledge, that eating a big piece of crow pie like this doesn't fit their MO.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
if he can play and stay in the country--you are looking at OUR 2015 pick with LA adding a little--Voyanov is that good

JTS what time is it where you are now? Have you been drinking? It is flat out nuts to even suggest Voynov would return our 1st in 2015.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Why would anybody want to cheer for a strongly suspected dirtbag like Voynov.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Some people deserve 2nd chances. MacT more than anyone should know that.

Sorry bud playing in the NHL making millions is a privilage and not a right, MacT did his jail time and wasn't making the kind of money players do now. I don't like wife beaters and i wouldn't want to see myself cheer for a player like that and watch him make millions. MacT was responsible for an accident not an intentional injury.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Some people deserve 2nd chances. MacT more than anyone should know that.

Some people yes, but what he's accused of doing is disgusting and if he's guilty frankly doesn't deserve a second chance. To be considering giving him an opportunity at this point is incredibly short sighted. MacTavish's past should really have no bearing on this.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news/20141215/la-kings-slava-voynov-punched-choked-kicked-wife-during-argument-according-to-testimony

“Mr. Voynov struck her in the face with his fist,” Wiist said.

They returned to the party and eventually went home, where the argument rekindled and escalated into violence, Wiist said. Voynov, he said, threw his wife to the floor multiple times.

“He repeatedly kicked her all over her body in addition to choking her approximately three times,” Wiist said.
“When he pushed her into the TV, she struck her face on the corner,” Wiist said. ”She stated that she asked him to stop. She was screaming and indicated she was scared.”

Voynov did not stop, Varlamova told the officer, until he “saw the blood coming out of her face,” Wiist said.
During the discussion, Dunnick indicated Voynov had a previous incident of domestic violence, but did not elaborate
Voynov’s other attorney, Craig Renetzky, argued that the case should be dismissed or reduced to a misdemeanor because Varlamova did not suffer any broken bones. Guzman, who reviewed the officer’s photographs but did not make them public, rejected both motions and scheduled Voynov’s arraignment for Dec. 29.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Some people yes, but what he's accused of doing is disgusting and if he's guilty frankly doesn't deserve a second chance. To be considering giving him an opportunity at this point is incredibly short sighted. MacTavish's past should really have no bearing on this.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news/20141215/la-kings-slava-voynov-punched-choked-kicked-wife-during-argument-according-to-testimony

I would personally suspect he gets deported. It's probably easier then dealing with backlash from locking up a millionaire foreign sports star. (Backlash from that country)

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
MacT already does look like an idiot for signing him. Buying him out would be publicly admitting he made that mistake though, and that is simply something this team does not like to do. Their egos are so massive and always come off so arrogant about their superior hockey knowledge, that eating a big piece of crow pie like this doesn't fit their MO.

That's why Edmonton will always be last with these guys. Everyone makes mistakes but those who choose to admit fault and correct them are forgiven. I blame Katz and everyone down the line but what can you do as a fan?? I already am ignoring the team as much as possible.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Why would anybody want to cheer for a strongly suspected dirtbag like Voynov.

I could care less about what they do at home. Most professional athles are p.o.s.' in regular life. You take most young men and give them millions, all the women they want plus free stuff everywhere they go and see how they turn out. If the guy can help the team win then who really cares. Once he does his jail time then his debt to society is paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad