Trade Deadline 2014: Yormark-less Edition

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Wasn't aware he was struggling so badly.
Looking at his stats, he looks like your stereotypical very good junior player that can't hack it in the big league.

I was expecting the prospect to be Fucale considering Isles goaltending worries.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
NYI traded Matt Moulson, 1rst '15 (possibly McDavid) and 2nd
for
2nd and Collberg

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
NYI traded Matt Moulson, 1rst '15 (possibly McDavid) and 2nd
for
2nd and Collberg
To be fair, that 1st is still conditional and I don't see Isles keeping the '14 pick unless it's top5.

It's a horrible trade for Isles, but this was a make or break move for Snow. He's so getting canned in the next coming months.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
To be fair, that 1st is still conditional and I don't see Isles keeping the '14 pick unless it's top5.

It's a horrible trade for Isles, but this was a make or break move for Snow. He's so getting canned in the next coming months.

Garth Snow needs to be fired

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Sara Orlesky ‏@saraorlesky

Kevin Cheveldayoff announces that #NHLJets have signed Mark Stuart to a new 4 year deal worth 10.5 million #tradecentre #tsn

rockit2112

Jul 8, 2013
Would've loved to see Thomas and PIT's 3rd go to Washington for Neuvirth.

Obviously TT would've had to agree to go there, but still...

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
All things considered, this was a good deadline for us.

Next stop: Draft Day and FA.

To do list:
Convince Jovo to retire.
Sign or trade for a legitimate top 3 dman to play with Campbell.
Sign or trade for legitimate 1B, 2A RWer.
Make the roster better -- period.
???
Profit.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I bet Tallon was in on Legwand, then he found out they wanted Trocheck or Shore and he got out quick.

Not sure why Det gave up 3 pieces, including a promising center prospect (Jarnkrok) for a 34 year old pending UFA (2nd/3rd line center).

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Washington Capitals ‏@washcaps

OFFICIAL: #Caps Acquire Jaroslav Halak and Third-Round Draft Pick from the Buffalo Sabres for Neuvirth and Klesla.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
We demand a shoutout.

It's been a while since we got our last shoutout in the media.

Who ever got us that shoutout next to "creepy breadman"? I also remember me, soupy and pb getting a shoutout from Goldie on air

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I bet Tallon was in on Legwand, then he found out they wanted Trocheck or Shore and he got out quick.

Not sure why Det gave up 3 pieces, including a promising center prospect (Jarnkrok) for a 34 year old pending UFA (2nd/3rd line center).

Why the hell would he been in on Legwand?!?!?!!?!? 33 year old UFA CENTER

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I feel really bad for StevieY.

MSL is coming out looking like a total dick on this one.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
@Ryan_Kesler

"Told you so" - @strombone1 ☔

Sportsnet Pacific
‏@SNETPacific
Kesler - "Good thing I listened to Lou. Said even if I wanted out it wasn't gonna happen." #Canucks
Oh man.

This got me thinking, about DT and him talking with Vancouver prior to Luongo was brought up, could it have been Garrison of all people? Tallon would definitely pay the price to get him if he was made available IMO.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
So the Panthers more or less move sideways in goal, and meanwhile their biggest lacking, offense, doesn't really get addressed except with a prospect that couldn't make his numbers work for Chicago.

This trade deadline is meaningless for me. Nothing really available in free agency either from what I've heard.

That's ridiculous. Lu is well ahead of Tim skills wise and he is younger. Also a fan favorite who will hell bring fans back, in addition to the Yormark firing and the upcoming changes to BBT which are much needed. Pirri is a very solid prospect. Trocheck is coming up. We have a ton of picks. Boyes is coming back. Gilbert is staying, our two top scorers this year.

Ellis is more or less the same goalie as Clem only he is younger and a little cheaper. The only thing I don't like is the year left on his contract but that's not a huge deal.

With what we had to trade, we did great at this deadline. Got rid of replaceable pieces and improved. Panthers are among the top three teams in terms of greatest deadline this year. Babich and DT did great.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
That's ridiculous. Lu is well ahead of Tim skills wise and he is younger. Also a fan favorite who will hell bring fans back, in addition to the Yormark firing and the upcoming changes to BBT which are much needed. Pirri is a very solid prospect. Trocheck is coming up. We have a ton of picks. Boyes is coming back. Gilbert is staying, our two top scorers this year.

Ellis is more or less the same goalie as Clem only he is younger and a little cheaper. The only thing I don't like is the year left on his contract but that's not a huge deal.

With what we had to trade, we did great at this deadline. Got rid of replaceable pieces and improved. Panthers are among the top three teams in terms of greatest deadline this year. Babich and DT did great.

Agree 100%

Even if we traded Flash, Upshall and Kopecky for picks we would have to call up 3 more players from San Antonio to replace them in the middle of their playoff hunt. Hopefully these guys can get moved at the deadline and replaced by some FA/trades.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Drew Shore got sent to SA for Trocheck. Why? We had empty spots.

Disclaimer: it is per Harvey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad