Trade Deadline - 02.25.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
only way this makes any sense if they plan on using buy outs on the other crap. Figured Spooner would be an auto buy out this summer so this deal doesn't really make sense unless you're cheap as **** like Ottawa or want to buy somebody else out.....cough Gudbranson cough.
Buyouts don't make sense either. The team is going nowhere for the next two years, even if it makes the playoffs it isn't a chance at the cup. You are better off eating two years of bad deals than having the stench linger for 4 when you might actually be good.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Two more years till Ufa? Why though? He fills the same role as Roussel
Yeah not entirely sure.. I won’t believe it until Lebrun or McKenzie confirms it. JB did say he didn’t want to give up picks. So unless it’s like a 7th and/or he has something else up his sleeve (which is doubtful lol)...

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
Canes "We want a pick added to the deal. Give us a 6th".

Benning " Well like, you know the draft is in Vancouver this year so I'm not trading picks. I'll give you like a ummm 2nd in 2020".

Reactions: Slapshot_11
Feb 19, 2018
To turn Sam Gagner into McGinn would be a huge win. Fits right in and will be one of our more physical players.

Hope it’s true

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not sure how reliable a source mike commodore is but he tweeted brock McGinn for spooner and a couple late round picks.

Would have to assume a 2020 3rd and/or heavy retention on Spooner to make that work.

If not, it doesn't really make sense from the Carolina side.

Maybe he got the wrong name. Schaller & a draft pick for McGinn would make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad