Trade Deadline - 02.25.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
If Jim acquired even one pick within the first 3 rounds I would call the trade deadline a win.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
If Jim acquired even one pick within the first 3 rounds I would call the trade deadline a win.
not even going to get that lol

Benning sounds like he expects a pat on the back for not trading draft picks. It's probably killing him inside that he has to keep all the draft picks this year.

Reactions: Slapshot_11

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Benning says he's open to 'hockey trades' at the TDL. But what happens if you have nothing to sell that interests anyone else? Apparently there were only four scouts at last nights game with the Isles, and three of those were from the road team. I don't think the pro scouts from other teams are even bothering with the Canucks anymore.

Reactions: David71

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
In Bennings monotone voice tomorrow :

“Getting Eagle, Taney, and Thatch back from injury is like trading for 3 top NHL players and we didn’t give up any picks because you know the draft being held here and all.”

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I expect another trade deadline to pass and him to comment on how picks weren't really being moved, while plenty of picks are moved. Or the players they had available weren't what people were looking for, while much worse players are moved.

He's cornered himself into looking for hockey trades and continues to be allergic to draft picks.

Reactions: Canucks5551

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I expect another trade deadline to pass and him to comment on how picks weren't really being moved, while plenty of picks are moved. Or the players they had available weren't what people were looking for, while much worse players are moved.

He's cornered himself into looking for hockey trades and continues to be allergic to draft picks.

Or or how he could've gotten picks but wanted to keep most of the roster intact for a playoff push.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm expecting JB to hold another post-TDL press conference with visibly-bloodshot eyes from having stayed awake all night to do basically nothing. Guy looked like he was going to have a stroke after the 2016 TDL

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Benning says he's open to 'hockey trades' at the TDL. But what happens if you have nothing to sell that interests anyone else? Apparently there were only four scouts at last nights game with the Isles, and three of those were from the road team. I don't think the pro scouts from other teams are even bothering with the Canucks anymore.

nobody wants any of the canucks scraps. they know they can pry a pick out of benning.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm expecting JB to hold another post-TDL press conference with visibly-bloodshot eyes from having stayed awake all night to do basically nothing. Guy looked like he was going to have a stroke after the 2016 TDL
Yes, I'm just trying to predict what line he'll use this time around.

"There was nothing out there that made any sense for our hockey team. OR

"Teams were calling on our players, but what we were offered wouldn't have made us any better." OR

"All the other teams we talked to were only interested in our younger players and draft picks." OR

The old standard-bearer: "We're not going to make a trade for the sake of making a trade." What does that actually mean anyway?

This is like Groundhog Day's Wiarton Willie emerging from his lair in the middle of the night and not seeing the sun or his shadow.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Just want Benning to start getting rid of these stale pieces that are on the team and some that should not even be playing in the NHL.at this point I'd be happy to just take picks for anyone not named Petty,Brock,Bo...don't care about the rest of them really.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
A busting prospect and a late #1 pick seems like a lot for a 24 y/o top-4 puck moving defender?!?

You are right and I am wrong.

In this case I am wrong. I thought Montour was getting most of his points on the PP like he di last year, he is not. Going to Buffalo and being moved to the PP 2 was going to greatly reduce his production and seemed like an odd move.

Last edited:

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Because it’s Trade deadline eve, here is my trade deadline (or approx around the deadline) acquisition team. (Some positions may be out of order because I don’t care. )

Roy Statsny Oreskovich
Phalsson McIver Zimmerman
Nycholat Sanderson Varlemov
Sarno Balej Warriner

M.A. Gragnagni Oulette
Peters weinrich
Carney Rucinski

La Barbara
Noronen

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Not sure how reliable a source mike commodore is but he tweeted brock McGinn for spooner and a couple late round picks.

59792296.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad