Trade Deadline - 02.25.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
That’s the kind of deal I can see JB making, if any at all.. low risk, small improvement, mid 20’s or younger type of player.

Last edited:

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
So we trading f***ing picks.

Not a rebuild. How is there any doubt. So dumb it hurts.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
The only plus is getting rid of Spooners Cap hit. Otherwise trading picks, and this point in our season, is an abomination

Feb 19, 2018
Decent numbers last year. Looks like a Ferlund type player watching his highlights.

Truculence and Speed

Last edited:

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Giving up picks is straight up stupid. Almost as stupid as taking on Spooner in the first place. So, yeah I can see this happening.
only way this makes any sense if they plan on using buy outs on the other crap. Figured Spooner would be an auto buy out this summer so this deal doesn't really make sense unless you're cheap as f*** like Ottawa or want to buy somebody else out.....cough Gudbranson cough.

Carl Carlson

Jan 7, 2009
You wouldn’t give up a 5th to get rid of gagners contract?

Nope. I'd have probably played Gagner over some of the other anchors in our lineup after we called him back up and then try to trade the Schaller/Granlunds of the world for late round picks. I feel like Granlund could possibly be worth a late rounder. Stick Gagner on the PP with EP, try to drive up his points a bit and then hope a team will bite on him.

Reactions: geebaan

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Huh... I actually can't tell if Commodore is an insider or a mega troll. Saying Nyqvist to SJ and Simmonds to Winnipeg

Edit - Oh shit, looks like Nyqvist is going to SJ. If true, seems Canes fans really like McGinn.

Reactions: geebaan

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
They'll probably be 2020 picks so he can say 'hey, look. Draft's in Vancouver. Didn't give up any 2019 picks you guys.'
"You know like we picked up an extra 6th rounder this year and like we feel next years draft isn't very deep and we like some of the kids we have so you know this made sense for us"

fast forward to 2020 draft when we have 5 picks (and he's still somehow here)

"you know like we tried adding picks but it's hard because nobody wants to give up picks at the draft."

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
"You know like we picked up an extra 6th rounder this year and like we feel next years draft isn't very deep and we like some of the kids we have so you know this made sense for us"

fast forward to 2020 draft when we have 5 picks (and he's still somehow here)

"you know like we tried adding picks but it's hard because nobody wants to give up picks at the draft."
"Everyone is asking for Petterssons boesers and Horvats. I'm not willing to move a young core player so there was no deal available"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad