Trade Datsyuk this season!

HTT3*

Rofl. Classic HFBoards after a loss. I remember there was a Lidstrom trade thread back in 2009-10.

There was a Datsyuk trade thread back in 2006 or 07 I believe after Wings lost to the Oilers. I think it was for Yashin if my memory servers me right.

Welcome to HF :laugh:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
This thread has provided me with my daily laughs.

Thanks HF!

pavel13

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
It would make much more sense to trade Kronwall, Filppula, Howard, maybe Franzen (depending on CBA/retirement stuff), Quincey, Ericsson, etc. etc. etc. before Datsyuk. Datsyuk is the kind of special player that you don't just trade for picks/prospects unless he asks for a trade, which he won't.

HockeytownOverhaul

Oct 24, 2011
There was a Datsyuk trade thread back in 2006 or 07 I believe after Wings lost to the Oilers. I think it was for Yashin if my memory servers me right.

Welcome to HF :laugh:

It was actually for Scott Gomez. Holy **** right?

I'd easily take Commie back on this team right now. At the VERY LEAST he's an upgrade on Quincey who's picking up where he left off last season.

DatsyukianDeke*

This thread is a joke, and I can't believe half the people are agreeing with the OP. Datsyuk isn't going anywhere, maybe we should trade some fans instead.

VeGor

Datsyuk
Dec 12, 2009
Trade him & Howard - let them play for a cup contending team, not this mediocre garbage Red Wings! :sarcasm:

But seriously, trading your best player... :shakehead

rrasco

Mar 13, 2009
This is a horrible idea.

A move like that would decisively render Detroit's mystique obsolete. In a league of parody, defining characteristics are more important than a package of players.

I see what you did there.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
This thread made me throw up a little bit. Get a grip. You do not trade Datsyuk, ever, remove it from your thoughts.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This thread made me throw up a little bit. Get a grip. You do not trade Datsyuk, ever, remove it from your thoughts.

Why not?

If the team isnt going to be making playoffs or be a real contender you definitely think long and hard about it. The whole loyalty thing goes so far but if Datsyuk says hes going back to Russia after his contract why dont you?

So he can play an extra 20 games in a wings jersey and the wings end up like the leafs are now?

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Why not?

If the team isnt going to be making playoffs or be a real contender you definitely think long and hard about it. The whole loyalty thing goes so far but if Datsyuk says hes going back to Russia after his contract why dont you?

So he can play an extra 20 games in a wings jersey and the wings end up like the leafs are now?

Because the Wings have only played 1 game this season?

VeGor

Datsyuk
Dec 12, 2009
In the first year with a new captain you definitely need to lose another leader on-ice and in the locker room... Good thinking.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Why not?

The main thing is... What are we going to get for Datsyuk?

He is better than Rick Nash yes, But Nash was signed long term, and is younger.

Lets pretend you could receive Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixson and a First. (We will get less than this)

No matter what, Detroit will lose the deal.

And for those of you that think a rebuild is "4-5 years"
wake up. It is more like 7-8 years... in 4-5 years you start crawling out of last place, but you are not yet a contender by any means. Look at Edmonton (The ideal rebuild), and they are more like 7-8 years of rebuilding. And that was only because no FA would sign there.

RedWingsNow*

Why not?

Why didn't the Wings trade Yzerman or Lidstrom if they were just going to retire anyway?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Because the Wings have only played 1 game this season?
I'm not saying necessarily this season, maybe enxt season trade him as rental or this year maybe if theyre out of playoffs at the deadline

Why didn't the Wings trade Yzerman or Lidstrom if they were just going to retire anyway?

Different situation. Datsyuk and Zetterberg were already showing they'll be stars in the league when Yzerman retired. Down the stretch with Lidstrom the wings struggled but at the deadline were a first place team.

Now if the wings begin slipping who do they have that has proven they can be a star and keep the wings a high level contender? Nyquist and Smith havent yet and Jarnkrok hasnt played in North America.

The wings have a solid enough prospect pool that they could have a short rebuild if they did it. A team like Toronto had nothing when they started and are just now becoming even with Detroits prospect pool.

If you were to add one or two legit star potential prospects to the wings pool they would be competitive in 5 years again. Nyquist and Smith just entering their prime.

Question for everyone who thinks the wings wont have to rebuild at any point.. Would you rather hold onto Datsyuk for an extra 20 games and end up in a Toronto sitatuon where they get nothing for their star players or with one trade potentially almost complete a full rebuild?

RedWingsNow*

It's so rewarding to hear all these people who ripped me and called me a troll because I thought Holland dropped the ball since 09 ... now saying that we need to blow it up and trade Pavel ****ing Datsyuk.

Me? I talk about the wisdom of signing Ericsson to a $3M dollar deal when Hannan can be had for $1M.
I ask why we don't sign a guy like Erik Cole but sign chumps like Sammy.
I ask why we don't rebuild on the fly instead of holding on to or brining back mediocre veterans

And that makes me a troll to some of the holland apologists here.

And then...these same yokels demonstrate world-class hypocrisy by suggesting that Holland trade Pavel Datsyuk.

L.O.****ING.L.

What a clown show.

A1Portable

Nov 5, 2005
It's so rewarding to hear all these people who ripped me and called me a troll because I thought Holland dropped the ball since 09 ... now saying that we need to blow it up and trade Pavel ****ing Datsyuk.

Me? I talk about the wisdom of signing Ericsson to a $3M dollar deal when Hannan can be had for $1M.
I ask why we don't rebuild on the fly instead of holding on to or brining back mediocre veterans

And then...these same yokels demonstrate world-class hypocrisy by suggesting that Holland trade Pavel Datsyuk.

L.O.****ING.L.

What a clown show.

For the record, I respect your right to disagree with me, but please don't lump me in with others who may have criticized you in the past. I have never criticized you as you describe above. I do not consider myself a Holland apologist.

MrTaterSalad

May 29, 2011
If I'm trading Datsyuk I want the following...

1. Top six forward equivocal in value to a Loui Eriksson/Jeff Carter/Bobby Ryan.
or
1A. A top pairing D-Man equal in value to a Matt Carle/Mike Green.
or
1B. A pair of young players, forward or D-Man, equal in value to the likes of a Jordan Eberle/David Runblad/Alex Pietrangelo.

plus

2. A top prospect, forward or D-Man, that has top line potential in the future and an additional prospect with 2nd line scoring/defensive ability.

and

3. 1st and 3rd round draft selections.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
One thing needs to be said to wrap up this thread.

LOYALTY.

DRWCountryClub

Jun 28, 2010

L.O.****ING.L.

What a clown show.

You are a troll, and Ericcson is better than Hannan.

Sorry, bud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad