Trade Datsyuk this season!

A1Portable

Nov 5, 2005
This Red Wings team is not a contender, and the problems are so widespread and so fundamental that the Wings will not become a contender without being rebuilt. The sooner the Wings face the music and recognize that brutal fact, the better.

The rebuilding process will take a minimum of 2-3 years. Datsyuk is 35, so he will be too old to be a dominant player once the Wings have been rebuilt. In the best interests of BOTH the Wings and Datsyuk, the Wings should trade Datsyuk this season for picks or good young talent to expedite the rebuilding process.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
This Red Wings team is not a contender, and the problems are so widespread and so fundamental that the Wings will not become a contender without being rebuilt. The sooner the Wings face the music and recognize that brutal fact, the better.

The rebuilding process will take a minimum of 2-3 years. Datsyuk is 35, so he will be too old to be a dominant player once the Wings have been rebuilt. In the best interests of BOTH the Wings and Datsyuk, the Wings should trade Datsyuk this season for picks or good young talent to expedite the rebuilding process.

Hehe, i bet DRW people won't like this your idea. But it'd be interesting to see what return he can bring.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

A stanley cup contender certainly would bite, just trade him to the Rangers they already have everyone :sarcasm:

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Datsyuk is one of my all time faves but, it is a real opportunity to kickstart a rebuild that is likely inevitable. You would have to believe that they are kicking the idea around as a contingency plan.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I would like to see Franzen traded. Considering his scoring we could get a good return. Dats would command to much for people to give up.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Well if we decide we do want to trade Datsyuk what do we determine is fair value? I would want a top 9 forward right now with top 6 potential (hopefully top line as well), a top prospect, and a 1st.

I'm not even sure I could come up with a fair proposal for what I would want as either way it looks like an overpayment or looks like an underpayment. I'd think I'd be leaning more to the side of an underpayment than overpayment especially if Datsyuk is traded away I don't see him signing anywhere in the NHL except for Detroit, Washington or New Jersey.

CloneHakanPlease*

I honestly don't hate the idea, as I am 95% sure he is gone after this contract. I would love for it to be his decision though, he deserves that much. He'd warrant a huge return

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The only way Datsyuk gets traded is if he can't be re-signed and I doubt that will happen...they will pay him what he wants/deserves. To trade him for futures is the ultimate white flag and this franchise hasn't done that in decades.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
I honestly don't hate the idea, as I am 95% sure he is gone after this contract. I would love for it to be his decision though, he deserves that much. He'd warrant a huge return

His comments about russia/khl and the rumors of him leaving the nhl after his deal is up will hurt his value some.

Worth looking into if the wings slide continues, however

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Penguins are always interested in wingers. What would you want for him, or is this one of those ones where I haven't seen him a lot lately and little do I know he's completely shot?

It's more of knee jerk reaction I think but Franzen has always been hot & cold. Scores 5 goals in 3 games goes goal less in the next 8, rinse and repeat. I do think if we could work out a deal around Franzen for Orpik though.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
The only way Datsyuk gets traded is if he can't be re-signed and I doubt that will happen...they will pay him what he wants/deserves. To trade him for futures is the ultimate white flag and this franchise hasn't done that in decades.

Its not a matter of $, its about how pavel wants to end his career.

And im sure there will be plenty of khl teams offering similar money to what the wings offer

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
It's more of knee jerk reaction I think but Franzen has always been hot & cold. Scores 5 goals in 3 games goes goal less in the next 8, rinse and repeat. I do think if we could work out a deal around Franzen for Orpik though.

Ha, I figured that's where it would lead us. We can't really afford to give up Orpik unless you have a crystal ball that says 4-5 of our D prospects are definitely panning out and soon. A young D that can play now plus a pick might be more realistic, but maybe not for you. Of course, said Dman will only be better than your worst guys. It'd probably be a smattering of crap for Franzen I'd say, not because he isn't somewhat valuable but because I wouldn't want to trade a 1st for him and like I said we kind of need Orpik.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Pavel isn't going to finish his playing career here...he said he wants to play in Russia at the end...but how many years is he will to play in the NHL? If this is his last contract...you keep him as long as you intend on competing. If you trade him now...you might as well gut the team...but this isn't an organization that appears to want to do that. Contract-wise, they don't have a lot of guys signed long term so retooling seems to be in their future.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
IMO he won't get traded this year... no matter what happens.

Next year.. if we suck badly and Dats isn't interested in re-signing, eg. wants to go back to Russia.. then we will/should trade him. To where he wants to go.. but he has NTC so I guess that would happen anyway?

But only then. That's the way I see it.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Ha, I figured that's where it would lead us. We can't really afford to give up Orpik unless you have a crystal ball that says 4-5 of our D prospects are definitely panning out and soon. A young D that can play now plus a pick might be more realistic, but maybe not for you. Of course, said Dman will only be better than your worst guys. It'd probably be a smattering of crap for Franzen I'd say, not because he isn't somewhat valuable but because I wouldn't want to trade a 1st for him and like I said we kind of need Orpik.

Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to someone like Despres+ either if it appeared that he was able to play the shutdown role well but then you guys don't really have a reason to trade him then as he could replace Orpik.

CloneHakanPlease*

Rofl. Classic HFBoards after a loss. I remember there was a Lidstrom trade thread back in 2009-10.

And yet, if you take the emotional impact of Lidstrom being traded away, we'd probably have a better roster this year cause of it.

In hindsight I still wouldnt do it because of loyalty, him deserving better, and player PR, but from a pure NHL13 GM mode it would have helped us.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Trading him this yr maximises his value, he wouldnt just be a rental.

Kuznetsov, orlov, or carlson from wsh would be nice.

Again, 1 embarrassing loss does not sink a season. However, if the wings are slipping, i think the return wed get for daysyuk (my all tome favorite player) would help us get closer to the cup than letting him play out the rest of his nhl career on a noncontender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad