Trade Datsyuk this season!

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
This is a horrible idea.

A move like that would decisively render Detroit's mystique obsolete. In a league of parody, defining characteristics are more important than a package of players.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
We're missing scoring/D, so let's say we trade Datsyuk this season (hypothetically), I'd go for :

Datsyuk for E. Kane
Datsyuk for a signed Perry / Ryan

Or
Datsyuk for PK Subban
Dastyuk for Carlson

All with picks balancing.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

We're missing scoring/D, so let's say we trade Datsyuk this season (hypothetically), I'd go for :

Datsyuk for E. Kane
Datsyuk for a signed Perry / Ryan

Or
Datsyuk for PK Subban
Dastyuk for Carlson

All with picks balancing.

Montreal would never trade their future, a 23 year old defensemen for a 35 year old center. We already have enough centers as it is we don't need another.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
I would not be opposed to trading Datsyuk to the Eastern Conference.

This team clearly needs a full rebuild, and whatever assets the Wings could get in a Datsyuk trade, could accelerate the rebuild.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I would not be opposed to trading Datsyuk to the Eastern Conference.

This team clearly needs a full rebuild, and whatever assets the Wings could get in a Datsyuk trade, could accelerate the rebuild.

For sure we are not considering any trade before the 2013-14 trade deadline. And then we need to be out of the playoff race. Othervise Pavel finishes his NHL-career as a Wing.

Let's see where are this time at next year.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I dont really remember the last time a guy of Datsyuks calibre was traded but he could return a kings ransom. Loyalty is great and all but if the wings could add a couple stud prospects with their current prospect pool they would be set to go for the next 10 years again.

Look what happened to Toronto. Got nothing for guys like Sundin, Tucker etc. as they aged and theyre the joke of the NHL now.

A team like Philly loading for a cup run has the young assets necessary to make a fair deal. The wings could probably get a guy like Brayden Schenn or Courturier. Maybe someone like Bjugstad and Petrovic from Florida. Sure the wings would probably have a few down years but if done at the right time it could be a pretty fast rebuild.

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
For sure we are not considering any trade before the 2013-14 trade deadline. And then we need to be out of the playoff race. Othervise Pavel finishes his NHL-career as a Wing.

Let's see where are this time at next year.

Wait that long and the return will be next to nothing.

The big return is justified by having Pav for two runs at the Cup.

I'm not sure how I feel about trading him but watching the slow, steady decline of this team is getting tired. Maybe crashing hard is worth it if it gets us back to the upside of the bell curve.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
We are most definitely in "Calgary territory". The last 3 years have been mediocre to varying degrees and this season we will be fortunate to make the playoffs...this coming off the heels of getting stomped out by Nasville in the playoffs. We are squarely in Calgary territory, no question.

Iowa Wingsfan

Jan 9, 2012
Like a few other posters have mentioned if they want to trade Datsyuk they should trade everybody

over 30 years old. Completely blow it up. Not going to happen, nor should it.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Datsyuk, with one full season left on his contract and a burning desire to move back to Russia when it's up, is worth more to Detroit than anyone else. No point in trading him.

jhjhjhjhjhjh*

Didn't watch the game yesterday but I'm curious, how did Brendan Smith play?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Wait that long and the return will be next to nothing.

The big return is justified by having Pav for two runs at the Cup.

There would be a bidding war for a three time Selke Trophy Winner. For sure. It's a key to the Stanley Cup for some team without that kind of missing center.

The Blues took their share of hits during the dismal 2005-2006 season, but we're willing to give general manager Larry Pleau the benefit of the doubt on the best sports move of the year. Trading Doug Weight to Carolina in midseason in exchange for a first-round draft pick and two fourth-round picks virtually assured the Blues a last-place finish in the NHL while providing the team with another first-round pick in the amateur draft. Sure, the Weight trade effectively ended the team's streak of 25 straight playoff appearances, but so what? It's not like the Blues won a Stanley Cup in those years. Thanks to the trade, the Blues picked up three of the top 31 players selected in the 2006 draft. And then they went and re-signed Weight following his Stanley Cup victory in Carolina! It's like he was never really gone! Weight's experience as one of the best players in the league will no doubt prove priceless as the team rebuilds under new ownership with a fresh batch of talent that might just deliver the cup to St. Louis.

If that was the price for Doug Weight, we can have at least same for Datsyuk.

RedWingsNow*

Meh, this is a business and loyalty doesn't buy you what it used to 20 years ago.

Loyalty to your players? Or loyalty to your fans?

IMO, the idea of lifelong Red Wings is still appealing to many Wings fans.

Yzerman. Lidstrom. Draper and Maltby (for the most part). Zetterberg. Datsyuk. Kronwall.

These guys should be life-long Wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad