Trade and Free Agency Thread - C'mon More Trades!

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I tend to wear my GM hat more than a coach hat so part of me is going to be really curious how this off-season gets handled if they go out in round 1. JT going down sucks but it can't be the crutch, TB won without Stamkos, Dallas went to finals with Bishop out and the corpse of Seguin as their 1C.

At the exact same time, I liked ALL of Dubas's moves from last off-season through the trade deadline so what realistically happens?
Depends on why/how they lost.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I tend to wear my GM hat more than a coach hat so part of me is going to be really curious how this off-season gets handled if they go out in round 1. JT going down sucks but it can't be the crutch, TB won without Stamkos, Dallas went to finals with Bishop out and the corpse of Seguin as their 1C.

At the exact same time, I liked ALL of Dubas's moves from last off-season through the trade deadline so what realistically happens?

If they lose to the Scabs after going all-in, either it is not possible to win with 4 forwards taking up half the cap or these 4 forwards taking half the cap. I also liked his moves but if they lose it may be time for Shanny and Dubas to give up the keys to the car and let a fresh mind(s) take over.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If they lose to the Scabs after going all-in, either it is not possible to win with 4 forwards taking up half the cap or these 4 forwards taking half the cap. I also liked his moves but if they lose it may be time for Shanny and Dubas to give up the keys to the car and let a fresh mind(s) take over.

Yea I could see them re-visiting the thought process on big $$ to 4 forwards, or those specific forwards.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

I personally wouldn't give Dubas the hook before Shanahan. Seven years without a series win as an executive when you're already on your second GM shouldn't buy you a third GM, but shit runs downhill so you never know. If this group of players can't overcome adversity, then this group must be broken up.

While I like what Keefe has done, if he gets out-coached by Ducharme and we lose in less that 7 I think he's gone. Unless of course Dubas would rather fall on his own sword than fire Keefe, though that seems silly since a new GM would hire his own coach anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00