Trade and Free Agency Thread - C'mon More Trades!

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I mean if we think Freddy is going to be good to go soon, it should be easy enough to move him out and bring in an upgrade. Still more coming from Dubas I think.

It probably is not easy to move out Freddy, but if the Leafs think he is coming back in the next month, then we are not adding a goalie and it would explain why they are trying to hoard cap space. In fact they would likely need to trade Engvall or make Thornton go to the taxi-squad if they want to afford bringing Andersen back in.

However considering there is only like another month in the season and Andersen is still nowhere near coming back, I highly doubt they are rushing him back in.

We don't know what question Mirtle was even answering. "Yes they did" have another deal lined up, or "Yes they did" need to retain 75% on Foligno. The latter suggests he thinks Andersen is coming back before the end of the season, because otherwise he is wrong by a long shot.

I guess we will find out tomorrow. If the Leafs don't add a goalie, they think Andersen is coming back and we don't have a lot of room to maneuver under the cap. If we do, then we have around 5 mill in cap space to fit that goalie and do whatever other moves we need to make.

I hope the Leafs can make some minor moves to leverage their open cap space to recoup some picks. Even if they only get a couple of late round picks back, that can go a long way with a team like the Leafs.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I don't think Kerfoot has negative value but at 3.5 I think you could liquidate a replace with a similar, cheaper option. Makes room elsewhere as well.

Reactions: geo25

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Like the idea of Vatanen retained to 1.075 so he an be buried. @123offtheglass had the idea.

Would be good depth and if he can play LHD, could maybe replace Dermott if he's moved tomorrow. At this point I'm hoping we can LTIR Andersen for the rest of the regular season and make a few more moves.

We wouldn't even need the retention if Andersen is not coming back, which us what I suggested a few hours before.

We would get a much softer cost if we don't have to receive retention.

Reactions: LeafChief

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Pertaining to the Columbus theme, is Jenner done for the season or would the leafs be able to throw him on the LTIR until the playoffs too?

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
So Columbus got 2 1st round picks for pending UFAs that weren't even technically top line players.

Again, I like the player, but I hate the price.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
So Columbus got 2 1st round picks for pending UFAs that weren't even technically top line players.

Again, I like the player, but I hate the price.
I think that's the consensus at this point. The price is high but Foligno fits and will be useful.

The first time he runs someone over people are going to fall in love. He plays like a real piece of shit as we can all remember from last summer.

Reactions: The Podium

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Like the idea of Vatanen retained to 1.075 so he an be buried. @123offtheglass had the idea.

Would be good depth and if he can play LHD, could maybe replace Dermott if he's moved tomorrow. At this point I'm hoping we can LTIR Andersen for the rest of the regular season and make a few more moves.
You’re really just paying for the name with Vatanen, he’s garbage now.

Lots others I’d look first towards playing funky cap games to add

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad