Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLIX

Do you want the Wild to trade for Jack Eichel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
ya russo also said he couldnt see suter and parise being bought out also
No, he always said there was a chance Parise could get bought out.

I don't think a single person saw the Suter buyout coming. You're ripping on him because he didn't mention that ahead of time? Seriously?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I don't think a single person saw the Suter buyout coming. You're ripping on him because he didn't mention that ahead of time? Seriously?
It does speak to how deeply he's tuned into management's thought processes if he didn't catch wind of a move that big that was in the works for weeks. I don't necessarily fault him for it, but it suggests that he's not working with a whole lot more info than we are on some of this stuff.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

Russo reported that in talking with Guerin he wasnt going to buyout Parise. and then Guerin Said this has been talked about for months

Reactions: GuerinUp

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
In a Russo podcast, Guerin said nobody outside management was informed about the Suter buyout decision...except his wife.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
he was saying for months he didnt see them buying him out
Not in written media. He wrote multiple times that they may have no other choice. Why does everyone keep assuming the rants on the podcast are gospel?
Sorry I mis spoke In the time leading up to buyout he said Guerin was saying he wouldnt buy him out.
Okay... so now we should rip on Russo because he's reporting what the GM told him? (question not directed at you)

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Not in written media. He wrote multiple times that they may have no other choice. Why does everyone keep assuming the rants on the podcast are gospel?

Okay... so now we should rip on Russo because he's reporting what the GM told him? (question not directed at you)

what are you arguing about?

this is the exact reason i stated his speculation is not noteworthy.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

Russo is obviously in close contact with Guerin, way more than any other reporter. If there's a media guy you should pay attention to it's him.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

My bad. I'm just used to every post here ripping Russo for one reason or another. Hard to distinguish a simple statement from a hit piece sometimes.

Reactions: GuerinUp

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

If its a game of chicken at this point... Im starting to make peace that Guerin will not blink either. I think Eichel ends up in NYC.

Wasn't the report that Guerin will basically make an offer and let Jesus take the wheel after that?

Reactions: Digitalbooya

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota

If its a game of chicken at this point... Im starting to make peace that Guerin will not blink either. I think Eichel ends up in NYC.

I don't want Guerin to blink at all. If we can't get Eichel for a reasonable package then I would prefer he goes a different direction. Maybe get in on Dvorak, Horvat, Reinhardt, Etc before gutting this team for Eichel.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I have a hard time seeing Eichel here unless it's something like Fiala + Greenway + picks going the other way. Making the cap work feels tough without moving roster players. Dumba would have made sense before losing two other defensemen. I can't imagine Fiala would be happy in Buffalo, so I still have a really hard time seeing a trade here.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

have to imagine teams have seen the medicals at this point right?

Also I think this trade sets the market for centers top 6 centers. No one wants to trade for someone else and look back and realize their package could've been competitive enough for Eichel.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I have a hard time seeing Eichel here unless it's something like Fiala + Greenway + picks going the other way. Making the cap work feels tough without moving roster players. Dumba would have made sense before losing two other defensemen. I can't imagine Fiala would be happy in Buffalo, so I still have a really hard time seeing a trade here.

fiala and greenway would equal 10 mil next year...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If Buffalo wants all picks, it's something like:

Fiala to Vancouver/LA for #8/#9+
Greenway to a team in the #15-#20 range
All 4 1st rounders go to Buffalo with maybe a 2nd tier prospect as well

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Yeah, that's what I mean. If we did something like Rossi + Boldy + picks (as it's reported Buffalo wants all futures), it opens up zero cap space.
last report was 2 NHL players and 2 Prospects/picks

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
If Buffalo wants all picks, it's something like:

Fiala to Vancouver/LA for #8/#9+
Greenway to a team in the #15-#20 range
All 4 1st rounders go to Buffalo with maybe a 2nd tier prospect as well

if my team traded a 1st round pick for Greenway Id be upset

Reactions: Digitalbooya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad