Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLIX

Do you want the Wild to trade for Jack Eichel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Well if we do the deal before Saturday then we can protect Soucy(gaining 3.25M in Cap). I like Soucy better than most, and Dumba less than most, so I'd be down with losing him instead of Fiala. Menell, and Addison are smaller PM, RHD, so it kind of fits better to have Soucy than Dumba to mesh with them, and maybe Cole. Cole would have to be signed before Saturday, though, so he can be on the ED list.

Would be fun to roll into the season with Eichel, Fiala, Kap, Boldy, Zucc, and JEE in our top 6.

If an Eichel trade happens this week and he's coming here, that is a sign that we are f***ing going for it next year and then planning on moving players after next year and some the following season. And by going for it, we are going ALL IN with no regard for the future until after next season or the following.

And if it results in a cup, I won't give a shit about anything down the line and will meet you all in Vegas for a week long bender.

Mod Note: As a general plea, warning and reminder: keep the discussion on topic and not on fellow posters. The offseason's getting wild, it's going to get wilder, and this place is going to be filled with venting and cheering and everything else in between. Sniping at one another for reacting "incorrectly" or whatever is going to be deleted with extreme prejudice going forward, or that's all anyone's going to be doing in these threads.

Last edited by a moderator:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If an Eichel trade happens this week and he's coming here, that is a sign that we are f***ing going for it next year and then planning on moving players after next year and some the following season. And by going for it, we are going ALL IN with no regard for the future until after next season or the following.

And if it results in a cup, I won't give a shit about anything down the line and will meet you all in Treasure Island for a week long bender.

:thumbu:

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
if Fiala won't budge on term and high aav then Guerin has to trade him and I'm ok with that. He was a pain in the ass to sign previously and now is pulling the same crap again.
How much is too much?

The guy is a 65-70 point player playing with guys who suck at offense.

Reactions: WildisLaw

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Good poll.

Healthy Eichel would get Fiala + Rossi or Boldy + 1st + other assets.

But he is not healthy. No Rossi or Boldy if Fiala is the cornerstone.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm voting no to Eichel. The only way you make this team a contender in the next 4 seasons is by excellent cap management. Trading a bunch of players for one really good $10m player is almost suicide for playoff hopes and roster management.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Wonder if it’s at all possible to get someone like Krejci to sign a short deal with us, even something like 1 year $6.5 could be enticing to give Rossi more cooking time or an easier transition. Would be a pretty big boost to add him, and could sell him on playing with Kaprizov to pump numbers for his next contract. Would be a big boost to the team this year though not a long term solution obviously.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I said yes but my offer would be minimal and probably not accepted. I wouldn’t trade a healthy fiala alone for an injured eichel. If someone else wants to pay the world for eichel let them do it. We can’t afford to trade dumba either yet until the young dmen prove themselves more so i hope Guerin just gets Dvorak or someone similar at reasonable cost.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Going back to Fiala, I don't know that it would be smart to trade the guy who pretty much carried us to the play-ins in 2020 and has been incredible at offense the last two seasons (67-68 point pace). I think 5-6 years at anything less than $7m is a good deal for us. Russo's article that came out today cites evolving hockey's highest probability contract at 5 years $6.1m.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Going back to Fiala, I don't know that it would be smart to trade the guy who pretty much carried us to the play-ins in 2020 and has been incredible at offense the last two seasons (67-68 point pace). I think 5-6 years at anything less than $7m is a good deal for us. Russo's article that came out today cites evolving hockey's highest probability contract at 5 years $6.1m.

5 x 6 i take that and run especially if we get more talent around the guy.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

If that's really something he's comfortable with signing, that's an absolute no brainer. That's the type of contract you need to win a Cup because he can play above that contract.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
5 x 6 i take that and run especially if we get more talent around the guy.
If that's really something he's comfortable with signing, that's an absolute no brainer. That's the type of contract you need to win a Cup because he can play above that contract.
Here is the chart from a prior article Untangling the Wild offseason: How the expansion draft impacts the rest of Minnesota's moves :

Screen-Shot-2021-07-12-at-10.50.42-AM.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille