Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLIX

Do you want the Wild to trade for Jack Eichel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I dont know how to post from Twitter and dont know how credible Jimmy Hayes is but he says Wild looking to land Eichel tonight/tomorrow

Jimmy Hayes on Twitter: "Rumors are starting to swirl!!! Billy G and the Wild are looking to land Eichel and it might be by tomorrow!!! @MissinCurfew" / Twitter
At first I was going to say he's full of it, but I was thinking of Jimmy Murphy. That guy's worthless.

I want to say Hayes scooped Russo on the Donato trade by like 15 minutes:

Can't remember if someone else had it before that, though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
At first I was going to say he's full of it, but I was thinking of Jimmy Murphy. That guy's worthless.

But his tweet about Eichel isn't really anything new. "Looking to land Eichel", "could be by tomorrow". These aren't concrete statements, and nothing about them hasn't been reported before by someone else.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
If the Wild are really as hard after Eichel as everyone seems to be thinking, I wonder if it could be a three team trade to help facilitate the cap issues and Buffalo’s supposed desire for all futures

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If the Wild are really as hard after Eichel as everyone seems to be thinking, I wonder if it could be a three team trade to help facilitate the cap issues and Buffalo’s supposed desire for all futures

The problem is we can't just dump our cap issues. Our cap issues are the 15M in dead cap, not Fiala looking for 7M.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Judging by the trade board, Buffalo fans are going to be mighty disappointed with the return when Eichel is moved.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I'll probably talk myself into it pretty quickly if it happens, but right now, I don't want the Eichel thing to happen.

Kaprizov - Rossi - X
Boldy - X - Fiala
Greenway - JEE - X

This is a top 9 that will be competitive over the next 5-10 years if the X's are filled smartly.
where is Zucc??

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
IF this deal happens, I will view this as pretty close to a loss if both Rossi and Boldy go. I still feel like the Rangers have more to offer and will likely make some sort of last minute push that'll put them ahead to get the deal done. Of course I'd like to finally have a 1C, but not at the cost of putting that kind of dent in the farm. Losing either Rossi or Boldy will suck ass. I think they're both going to be high end players. If I had to choose one though, as much as I hate to say it, I'd rather lose Boldy. Only reason is, the Wild have had a black hole at the C position for their entire existence. I don't think there is any scenario where at least one of Rossi/Boldy doesn't head to Buffalo. I don't think the above package (Greenway, Fiala & both '21 firsts) is even close to getting a deal done unfortunately. If somehow Guerin pulled that deal off, they better build a monument to the guy right next to that Herbie statue. But, it ain't happening. If he gives up both players, f*** him and I hope he's fired before the season starts.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

He is pretty plugged in the the NE guys if my memory serves me well

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
I'll probably talk myself into it pretty quickly if it happens, but right now, I don't want the Eichel thing to happen.

Kaprizov - Rossi - X
Boldy - X - Fiala
Greenway - JEE - X

This is a top 9 that will be competitive over the next 5-10 years if the X's are filled smartly.
Send this to BBB

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, usually the post trade medical examination is more of a formality, but in this case you would think that in Eichel's would be much more serious. If a trade happens tomorrow, do we assume that an examination has already taken place?

Mancini79

Jul 4, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
If we get Eichel without giving up Boldy or Rossi I will do unhealthy things to a 30 rack of hamms

Now way I’d trade both Rossi and Boldy. Quite frankly even if BUF is willing to retain some of Jack’s salary I’d still be hesitant. It’ll be one of them though. I just don’t see Rossi going at all. Maybe there’s another player involved from BUF? To say Jack Eichel isn’t one of the most elite players in the league is being very naive. To say that trading for Jack Eichel isn’t a HUGE risk with devastating consequences would be equally naive. Scares the crap outta me lol. LOVE it.

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
All I can think of with the 22/23 drafts is we're one down year and some lottery luck from:
Kaprizov - Rossi - X
Boldy - Bedard - Fiala
Greenway - JEE - X

Not to get anyone's hopes up or anything. But I'd certainly take that over whatever this roster would look like with Eichel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad