Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLIX

Do you want the Wild to trade for Jack Eichel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
JT Miller + 9OA

for

Fiala + 2022 2nd

Nucks fans probably say no but Fiala is 3.5 years younger with a higher ceiling. I'd rather have him than Miller 10/10 times.

Think you’d have to swap the 2nd for this years 21st to make this work from Vancouver’s point of view.

Fiala on Petterson’s wing would be intense.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
I'm not in favor of trading Fiala, but if we "had to", what do we think of Juolevi + #9 in 2021 + Eriksson + top 10 protected 2022 1st?

Basically Fiala for 2 1sts and then Juolevi for taking 1 year of Eriksson. Juolevi is still a youngish LHD, though will very likely never live up to his draft spot. Eriksson can play #4LW/#13F for a year.

Maybe grab Johnson or Lucius at #9.

I'd do that and flip a combo of assets for Eichel or Reinhart. That's absolutely the only way I'd be in favor of moving Fiala.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
With all his warts and injury concern, Eichel to me still is someone you acquire and figure out the rest later.

The cost isn’t going to be Rossi and Boldy ++ level at the end of the day.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
With all his warts and injury concern, Eichel to me still is someone you acquire and figure out the rest later.

The cost isn’t going to be Rossi and Boldy ++ level at the end of the day.
He doesn’t need to be a leader here which can help “fix” him

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Well I suppose if there was going to be a deal, it would probably have to happen tomorrow before the draft.

I would still bet against it...which means it will probably happen

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
"rumors are starting to swirl"

yeah I don't trust anything about this tweet.
I can't speak for how credible Hayes is with his twitter account, but it's a safe bet that Hayes has Eichel's phone number

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
If you’re trading significant assets for a $10M player, you better not have to fix them.

I can see where Jack coming into an established locker room, Removing the pressures of being the captain, can be beneficial. I think the locker room cancer and poor leader narrative is way over blown. That being said, I still don’t want him at the price, both contract and trade package required to get him.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
I wish we’d be searching for a nice 2c and push all our chips in on Rossi becoming a 1c. That’s the gamble worth going for in my book. If an Eichel trade happens, it’s got to be a sign that BBB truly is flexing this BBs, and making a cup run this year. If that’s the route, we better be getting close to a full season outta Jack or the trade going to be a disaster.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Fiala + Greenway + Both 2021 firsts is something I can part with, but probably wouldn't be enough.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Fiala + Greenway + Both 2021 firsts is something I can part with, but probably wouldn't be enough.

what if you swapped one of those 1st with our 22’ 1st. The gamble on what that pick becomes might be enough to push BUF over the edge.

grimmel95

Jan 13, 2016
Minnesota
I don't think it would be but I would be ok with losing our 2 1sts and greenway. I hate parting with Fiala but understand that he would have to be part of any trade for Eichel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad