Trade and Free Agency Discussion Thread - Don't Expect More Augmenting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
I hope we'll get Julius Nättinen next summer. What a player!
He plays for my Swiss team... He's even better than Kubalik who also played for Ambrì.

He missed the first 4 games and scored 10 of the 21 goals in 11 games (50 minutes played in tonight's game).

I know, it's just the Swiss league, but it's no beer league either. .. 11 goals in 7 games is impressive. He also scored 33 in 54 games in the Finnish league last season.

Reactions: Saint Blue

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Hoffman/Vatanen/Hamonic seem to be some of the bigger names still available.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hamonic sits out the season. Vatanen and Hoffman seem to have lost the game of musical chairs, curious if they'll do a 1 year deal and hope for a retirement contract next season.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I hope we'll get Julius Nättinen next summer. What a player!
He plays for my Swiss team... He's even better than Kubalik who also played for Ambrì.

He missed the first 4 games and scored 10 of the 21 goals in 11 games (50 minutes played in tonight's game).

I know, it's just the Swiss league, but it's no beer league either. .. 11 goals in 7 games is impressive. He also scored 33 in 54 games in the Finnish league last season.

He will be a hot commodity once again. He can probably step into a 3C role right away, and that is likely what he is going to look for in a team. If we move Kerfoot, he could be an option.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Apparently the Ducks terminated Julius Nättinen's contract because he wouldn't report to San Diego. So it would be NHL or Europe for him.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently the Ducks terminated Julius Nättinen's contract because he wouldn't report to San Diego. So it would be NHL or Europe for him.

Would love to bring him in. Dude was amazing in the Liiga last season, and has 10 goals in 7 games in the Swiss league so far this season lol

I just don't see where we can fit him in unfortunately. There's more opportunity elsewhere

Reactions: hockeywiz542

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Is Nattinen playing wing or centre this year?
There will be roster spots open after this year, so I don't think there would be an issue fitting him in for 2021-2022.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Would love to bring him in. Dude was amazing in the Liiga last season, and has 10 goals in 7 games in the Swiss league so far this season lol

I just don't see where we can fit him in unfortunately. There's more opportunity elsewhere
If he's good enough, he could potentially replace Kerfoot while saving us some cap?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I suppose I shouldn't outright dismiss the notion of Chara as a Leaf after the team inked Thornton. Potentially signing a final contract with NYI would make for a good set of bookends to his career. I'd probably still peg Boston as the frontrunner though.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Jets sub seem to think Lowry might move on at season’s end and peg his value at a 2nd or more around the TDL. They currently have him slotted as the 4C, which is a luxury.

I keep coming back to a potential Holl for Lowry deal. WPG's right-side depth consists of Pionk and DeMelo, with Poolman as a depth option. Hamonic is looking more and more likely to sit out the season, so they definitely lack D depth with term.

Lowry’s a bit overrated around here, but he’s an upcoming UFA who won’t require expansion protection and can be re-signed post-ED if the Leafs lose/trade Kerfoot. Would add a massive physical presence to the top 9 and alleviate the log jam on D without much sacrifice since Bogosian can fill a similar role. Would be a trade-deadline move as Lowry carries an additional 900k in cap.

Reactions: Martin Skoula

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Just read a tweet. Apparently Leafs is one of the three teams
Not surprising. I would think he would only come here if the Leafs dramatically overpay or if Chara has no other choice.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm surprised thr Goat hasn't been signed by another team.

Wonder if the Leafs end up giving him 700k and send him down to the Marlies?

Probably not a popular opinion around here but I think he's a useful player and I wouldn't mind keeping him around

On a high event team like ours having a guy that can kill 5-10 minutes where jack **** happens for either team has it's uses

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Probably not a popular opinion around here but I think he's a useful player and I wouldn't mind keeping him around

On a high event team like ours having a guy that can kill 5-10 minutes where jack **** happens for either team has it's uses

Agreed. The Goat doesn't do anything offensively but he is strong defensively, good on face-offs, plays centre, and is a big body that takes up space.

Surprised nobody's thrown him an offer. He's not a bad depth option.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Jets sub seem to think Lowry might move on at season’s end and peg his value at a 2nd or more around the TDL. They currently have him slotted as the 4C, which is a luxury.

I keep coming back to a potential Holl for Lowry deal. WPG's right-side depth consists of Pionk and DeMelo, with Poolman as a depth option. Hamonic is looking more and more likely to sit out the season, so they definitely lack D depth with term.

Lowry’s a bit overrated around here, but he’s an upcoming UFA who won’t require expansion protection and can be re-signed post-ED if the Leafs lose/trade Kerfoot. Would add a massive physical presence to the top 9 and alleviate the log jam on D without much sacrifice since Bogosian can fill a similar role. Would be a trade-deadline move as Lowry carries an additional 900k in cap.

I'd do it, but I doubt Winnipeg wants to do it if they'll lose Holl in the expansion draft.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Thornton - Simmonds
Vesey - Spezza - Perry

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Chara
Dermott - Holl
ex. Bogosian

Engvall is waiver exempt. Kerfoot/Vesey would have to fill his role on the PK until there was an injury in the forward group. Perry for 700K, Chara for 1M.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Thornton - Simmonds
Vesey - Spezza - Perry

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Chara
Dermott - Holl
ex. Bogosian

Engvall is waiver exempt. Kerfoot/Vesey would have to fill his role on the PK until there was an injury in the forward group. Perry for 700K, Chara for 1M.
I’d rather have Bogosian in the line up than Chara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad