Trade and FA Rumours 2022/23 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I'm on pins and needles waiting for tomorrow and all the UFA's the Jets are going to sign.;)

7r5i1z.jpg

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Seems like Trotz is going rebuild. Maybe they try and make some moves for dead cap players and picks coming back.
i think it's clear they're going rebuild? cleaning up the salary expenditure, acquiring picks and prospects, young players over the half year. they got lots of cap room now to do as you said.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Nashville is very interesting. Arizona is similarly interesting, annually, but nothing ever develops.

But Boston is the one I'm most interested in. They have Pasternak, McAvoy and Lindholm and pretty much nothing else. And no picks and no prospects (except Lysell, whom I do like.)

I'm really interested to see what Nashville and Boston will do this week. (Arizona will do nothing)

I could see Boston making a big move somewhere. They need a C badly.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I assume Geekie and Sprong weren't qualified over worries about what the arbitrator would award them. But Seattle has a ton of capspace and no one other than Dunn to re-sign so not sure why they'd let these guys walk. Maybe the are planning on going big game hunting for Duchene or even Scheifele.

i think it's clear they're going rebuild? cleaning up the salary expenditure, acquiring picks and prospects, young players over the half year. they got lots of cap room now to do as you said.

There was also a report that they are looking for a center and have no plans to trade Saros so i am not sure what their intentions are. You'd think Saros single handedly ruins any tank dragging the team to 12-16 draft spot all by himself like last season.

Reactions: Gil Fisher

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I assume Geekie and Sprong weren't qualified over worries about what the arbitrator would award them. But Seattle has a ton of capspace and no one other than Dunn to re-sign so not sure why they'd let these guys walk. Maybe the are planning on going big game hunting for Duchene or even Scheifele.

There was also a report that they are looking for a center and have no plans to trade Saros so i am not sure what their intentions are. You'd think Saros single handedly ruins any tank dragging the team to 12-16 draft spot all by himself like last season.
every time i see last years standings, can't help to just facepalm at how the nashville admirals finished right behind us with THAT roster. but yea fully agree with you.

they may have been looking for a young center but i think that ship has sailed. it doesn't appear that anyone is shopping young Centres now. time for them to embrace the tank.

Reactions: hn777 and surixon

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

If the arbitration was requested by a player, I think they can walk away from any decision the arbitrator makes.

Reactions: JetsFan815

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
More than ever now I feel the Jets are going to take a run at retaining Scheifele, Helle on the other hand will be moved whether it's before the season starts, during the season if the Jets tank or at the deadline.

Reactions: Flair Hay

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't think it's helpful to keep thinking that the Jets should get trade value for what Hellebuyck and Scheifele have been, instead of what they'll be in the future (performance and salary). The Jets have already received substantial value from both players over the past several years. Now, they need to get what they can in trade value and move forward, even if it's for rental prices, just as they did with Ladd and Trouba and Copp. Of course the Jets could have gotten much more trade value a few years ago for both, but then they wouldn't have them at good value for those years.

For the Jets, the positive is that they have gotten the best years at the best contract values for core players, and their next team will get less value.

So Chevy's job is to get the best value possible at the most opportune time, and not worry too much if critics compare trade value to what they would have fetched previously.

Great post. We have extracted most of the real value out of both players. Now they will want to get paid big in their 30’s and that’s not an easy sell.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Probably not, but he is listed as a centre. Will he remain happy playing behind Hughes and Hischier? Will he want too much on his next contract?

Chevy’s a grinder and many also said he wouldn’t get Vilardi either.
Many many years before the Devils care about how or where he wants to play

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Probably not, but he is listed as a centre. Will he remain happy playing behind Hughes and Hischier? Will he want too much on his next contract?

He plays wing on either Hughes or Hischers line. I'm sure he's quite happy with his spot.

He also played almost his entire junior career at wing with Lappierre as his center

Last edited:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Mercer is probably more comparable in value to Byfield at this point

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

Seattle could really use a goaltender as well now that you mention it...

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Wow, the list of players who didn`t receive qualifying offers and are now free agents include a number of interesting young C`s.( McLeod, Geekie, Sprong, Jost). Is there a hidden diamond in the rough hidden in there somewhere that might fit in with Chevy`s blueprint for restructuring?

Reactions: surixon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad