Tracking the Blues’ Stanley Cup Quest—LOL

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
You don’t have to remind me of that improbability.

What is the probability of that happening again?

538:1?

Well, when you consider that in the history of the 30 team league (post 2000) it's happened exactly once... 239:1 (14 non playoff teams times 17 years, plus Vegas last year).

So the odds are actually 44. 4% better than you imply :naughty:! Though, pretty far-fetched all the same...

Brockon

Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I guess my jokes are a little too obscure.

The joke often goes over my head... Being 5'4 really sucks sometimes...

Plus, I'm not from the US and don't follow much outside of Hockey due to working too much. Over the past few winters, I've averaged about 270 hours of work a month. So, I'm not exactly "culturally diverse" or up to speed on any trends...

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
giphy.gif

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018

Plus, I'm not from the US and don't follow much outside of Hockey due to working too much. Over the past few winters, I've averaged about 270 hours of work a month. So, I'm not exactly "culturally diverse" or up to speed on any trends...
538 was in reference to Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight and is the number of members in the US Congress between the Senate, House and DC.

It was a knock on Silver's probability calculations of a particular person being elected to the US presidency. Obviously, we all know how that turned out.

So there you have t!!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
538 was in reference to Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight and is the number of members in the US Congress between the Senate, House and DC.

It was a knock on Silver's probability calculations of a particular person being elected to the US presidency. Obviously, we all know how that turned out.

So there you have t!!
That website was Co-Founded by St. Louis native and former HFBlues member :laugh:

Ahh the good ol' days.

Saint Loser

Mar 16, 2018
That website was Co-Founded by St. Louis native and former HFBlues member :laugh:

Ahh the good ol' days.
Yes, I am aware of that. And there is another current HF Member here who had his hand in another website that we all love and use.

Nope, not spilling the beans.

Saint Loser

Mar 16, 2018
Wow. My interest is peeked. I need to know. I can barely contain my....:boredom:
If your interest was piqued, I might tell you since you're just yawning to know.

But seeing that you’ve merely peeked into your interest, then I will not bother.

Sorry.

Last edited:

TarasenkosForearm

Oct 21, 2017
If your interest was piqued, I might tell you since your just yawning to know.

But seeing that you’ve merely peeked into your interest, then I will not bother.

Sorry.
Thank you. I was going to correct him. Although it's you are or you're on the second portion of your post.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Jesus. You are both wrong. It was a misspelling but it should have been "peaked". As in my interest in anything he had to say peaked after his first post. Its been all down hill from there.

Saint Loser

Mar 16, 2018
Jesus. You are both wrong. It was a misspelling but it should have been "peaked". As in my interest in anything he had to say peaked after his first post. Its been all down hill from there.
I love you too.

So much hostility from you. Help me to understand the angst.

In the spirit of my deep and sincere love and empathy for my fellow Bluesy human, Tell me about your Mother.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

270 hours/month. I've to ask what you do for work? I guess you've your own company/business.

Brockon

Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
270 hours/month. I've to ask what you do for work? I guess you've your own company/business.

I spent the last few years doing winter seasonal work in the oilfields as a mobile boiler operator. Some weeks I put in 7 consecutive 16 hour days for 112 hours in a week. January of 2017 I got 2 days off and worked 314.5 hours.

I'm now an electrical apprentice, working 180 hours a month doing something I enjoy and building things.

Saint Loser

Mar 16, 2018
Your just yawning...its you are.. also, peaked ..no, its piqued. The answer is piqued—and here's why,pique means “to excite (interest, curiosity, etc.)
At least yoor having fun with it.

And I just noticed the your/you're mistake. Thanks! How annoying??!!!

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Its definitely piqued and not peaked. Peaked is the top of or ultimate, piqued is in regards to interest, curiosity ,etc.

:facepalm: Yes, I know. My interest in what he had to say was at its highest point before he made his first post. It was at its peak, or highest point. Then he actually typed something, and my interest has only gone down from there. He has never "piqued" my interest, because his posts have never been interesting....much like any conversation about spelling and grammar. Apologies to the rest of the board for even getting into this :booboo:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I spent the last few years doing winter seasonal work in the oilfields as a mobile boiler operator. Some weeks I put in 7 consecutive 16 hour days for 112 hours in a week. January of 2017 I got 2 days off and worked 314.5 hours.

I'm now an electrical apprentice, working 180 hours a month doing something I enjoy and building things.
That is crazy hours. I got normally 118 hours and xmas only 93 hours. And I feel tired.

Saint Loser

Mar 16, 2018
:facepalm: Yes, I know. My interest in what he had to say was at its highest point before he made his first post. It was at its peak, or highest point. Then he actually typed something, and my interest has only gone down from there. He has never "piqued" my interest, because his posts have never been interesting....much like any conversation about spelling and grammar. Apologies to the rest of the board for even getting into this :booboo:
lame

Saint Loser

Mar 16, 2018
9 points out with several games in hand.
And Vancouver is down 3-1 after 2.

Correction

After this game, the Blues will have 5 games in hand, but, going by current winning percentage, they will go 2-2-1, which is not good enough.

Nucks have 5 games left in December.
Oil 4
Dallas 6
Blues 5
Vegas 6
Wild 5

Blues head-to-head with Vancouver on Thursday...must win. They need to not look up the hill. They need to keep the team in front of them in sight; no further.

In order to make any ground, the Blues must go at least 3-1-1 in the last 5 games of December.

Vegas needs to go on a slump.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoMoBlues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad