London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
That's news to me. I did not remember him being drafted as a D so I went back to the draft and it shows him being drafted as a forward.
His first OHL game last year he played D, maybe he had recently made the transition when drafted. But regardless, he played D prior to the OHL. So he’s an emergency option.

Reactions: LDN

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
That's news to me. I did not remember him being drafted as a D so I went back to the draft and it shows him being drafted as a forward.
Just a random scout assessment I found, it says playing D three years ago, so he must have made the change the year before his draft year.

“Now, a centre- wing, O'Reilly was playing defense three years ago, and is making the most of the opportunities he is receiving in London. Not the fastest skater, he does possess strong edging and excellent stick handling. Playing centre of the second line (behind a first line destined to be NHL top selections), at the start ion February, he has amassed 15 goals (45 points) in 51 games. Not at all adverse to going into the tough areas and recovering pucks in those battles. His development as an offensive threat is impressive, but not as much as his commitment in the neutral zone and his defensive zone, where he tracks back hard on the puck and does a good job in one on one coverage. NHL scouting requested he be one of the players to be on the CHL Prospects game as there are so many indications he is developing at a steady pace.

--Bill Płaczek--“

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Cowan would be more valuable right now to the Leafs than Marner right now. Marner looks AWFUL. He used to be such a f***ing boss here… what the hell happened?
I doubt Cowan would be more valuable. Marner is not fully recovered from his injury.

Reactions: rve24

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Just a random scout assessment I found, it says playing D three years ago, so he must have made the change the year before his draft year.

“Now, a centre- wing, O'Reilly was playing defense three years ago, and is making the most of the opportunities he is receiving in London. Not the fastest skater, he does possess strong edging and excellent stick handling. Playing centre of the second line (behind a first line destined to be NHL top selections), at the start ion February, he has amassed 15 goals (45 points) in 51 games. Not at all adverse to going into the tough areas and recovering pucks in those battles. His development as an offensive threat is impressive, but not as much as his commitment in the neutral zone and his defensive zone, where he tracks back hard on the puck and does a good job in one on one coverage. NHL scouting requested he be one of the players to be on the CHL Prospects game as there are so many indications he is developing at a steady pace.

--Bill Płaczek--“
That's what I thought. I remember him being drafted as a forward.

Reactions: TheOrangePylon

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
For sure down 1 defenseman and possibly 2 for the rest of the series/ playoffs... not good. Hopefully Jenkins and step up and be steady

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
Alec Leonard out for the season …broken femur …. he’s up here at the Talbot Restaurant….
A femur....that's crazy serious and requires surgery....usually even a fractured femur requires surgery. Was talking to my buddy in Ortho at the hosoital and confirmed this info from him. I don't get how he's mobile with that.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Noah Jenkins is in according to Mike Stubb

I was hoping for Mark to get another experienced D at the deadline, who knew what the future would call for then.

Reactions: nelli27

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
[IMG alt="Fastpace"]https://hfboards-data.community.forum/avatars/l/256/256483.jpg?1711121827[/IMG]

Fastpace

Registered User​

Jul 25, 20155,8813,868

We may not have any more card(s) to fill.

We're fine with what we have, could have used another 04 defender with playoffs experience, but we do have some young bodies that are eager to pick up that experience as well. Depth can never have too much of, last season Brochu got hurt and our inexperience behind him could not hold the fort, hopefully this year if we lose one senior D our young ones can successfully replace him or them if more than one.

But I did have a good guess, didn't I

Reactions: TheCoach

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I was hoping for Mark to get another experienced D at the deadline, who knew what the future would call for then.
You can never have enough for sure but as long as the "Bigs" stay healthy (Dickinson, George, Bonk) they play darn near 50 % of the game anyway. The past 2 sweeps are even more valuable now .....

Reactions: Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
A femur....that's crazy serious and requires surgery....usually even a fractured femur requires surgery. Was talking to my buddy in Ortho at the hosoital and confirmed this info from him. I don't get how he's mobile with that.
Agreed, Femur is no joke. Been in that spot dealing with one but not on ice ( thankfully with an advance paramedic. ) Kid wanted no part of stretcher either. I get it, and have been in similar situations on ice where kids ignored best practices lol. I'm stubborn also :) so hard to blame any1 here. But should have been mobilized immediately.
Tough SOB with a high pain tolerance I'm guessing. Depending where it is, which leg and how it is situated can be excruciating pain til traction if needed.
Tough end of the season.
Edward......hope he, family, whoever get whatever assistance they need.

Fav part of Haltinuns 2nd goal.......#94 ex Spit Dionicio blowing coverage, standing beside the G looking bewildered after the goal.
I think a few on here said ya can adv of the lack of D IQ.
Shoulda added Sam D solid rush from his own end creating the opportunity ( and the start of Dionicios melt down when he blew coverage. )

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Agreed, Femur is no joke. Been in that spot dealing with one but not on ice ( thankfully with an advance paramedic. ) Kid wanted no part of stretcher either. I get it, and have been in similar situations on ice where kids ignored best practices lol. I'm stubborn also :) so hard to blame any1 here. But should have been mobilized immediately.
Tough SOB with a high pain tolerance I'm guessing. Depending where it is, which leg and how it is situated can be excruciating pain til traction if needed.
Tough end of the season.
Edward......hope he, family, whoever get whatever assistance they need.
When it happened I kinda flashbacked to Ryan Pottruff, practically the same place on the ice. Was hoping for a better outcome for Alec as at least his foot was pointing in the right direction as he came off but not to be.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
LOL for sure our time will come but it’s somewhat refreshing not to always be the team taking questionable penalty calls at the worst times? LOL again guaranteed this is an outlier and not the new norm!!

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
12 got under Dionicios skin again with a solid hit while he tried to carry puck out. Kept feet moving, got high side, erased him clean n lead to a penalty against. You can tell he is easy to get frustrated when he isn't allowed to wheel n deal.

Reactions: Buttsy

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
12 got under Dionicios skin again with a solid hit while he tried to carry puck out. Kept feet moving, got high side, erased him clean n lead to a penalty against. You can tell he is easy to get frustrated when he isn't allowed to wheel n deal.
He reminds me a bit of "Bigtow" ;) or whatever the kids name was on the Rangers defense last round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad