Tracking the Blues’ Stanley Cup Quest—LOL

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
This season has 2 or 3 games left. One more home game.

Every series so far, the Blues have gotten stronger as it’s gone along. I think Boston is a bit banged up. They are fortunate to get the extra day of rest. I bet Chara plays, but you have to wonder how he’ll feel with probably a broken jaw. Can Gryzlyck (sp) play?

The next game is going to be epic. If they play 5 on 5, I think St Louis is the better team. They’ll have to win one in Boston, but the road has been good to the Blues all playoffs.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
With one more win, Binnington will tie Roy, Dryden and I forget the other for most postseason wins by a rookie goalie. He actually has a chance to break the record if the win the series.

The Calder voting was over before the playoffs, but how could someone else win it if he were to do that? It would feel like the wrong guy is getting it.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
With us being just two games away from potentially winning our first Stanley Cup, I can't help but remember the ending of the True Blues video the team made after the 1986 playoff run where Mike Shanahan, the guy that had just bought the team, said "Can you imagine what it would be like if we were to win the Stanley Cup here? Can you imagine?" Either June 9, 2019 or June 12, 2019 could end up being the biggest date in the history of this franchise. Just let that sink in.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
It's unreal to think of the journey the Blues have taken. It was funny because I said to a friend back in January when they had started to turn things around, "Wouldn't it be weird if this is the year they win the Stanley Cup? Two more games -- I know they can do it!

Reactions: Blueston

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm really impressed with our coaching staff.

In the past, we saw coaches who didn't seem able or willing to make adjustments to deal with the opposition. Even a veteran coach like Hitch wouldn't change things up to meet a need.

But Berube, and his sidekick Steve Ott, are making the right moves. I can think of lots of examples, but I mention Berube going into the locker room after the hand pass fiasco, and telling the boys - get over it, don't use it as an excuse.

Or Berube inserting Sanford in the lineup to replace the injured Robert Thomas. Lots of Blues fans thought Sanford wasn't up to it, but he looks good.

I'm sure the rest of you can think of other examples.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
upload_2019-6-6_22-13-38.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes