Tracking the Blues’ Stanley Cup Quest—LOL

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
giphy (2).gif

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
I’m strangely confident in this team in game 7. We all know the Blues can disappoint, but I think this team may have something special on Tuesday.
My feeling from the beginning of this series was if it goes the distance, the Blues will have the competitive edge to finish it. Even more incentive is to silence the boo birds coming out at the end of the 2nd in game 5. Professional athletes have to have short memories, but there is no way the players forgot that feeling heading to the locker room in a playoff game, and will surely leave it all on the ice to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
so...who's the better matchup? I think the road-warrior mentality against the Sharks would be better for the Blues than the underd0g, nothing to lose Avalanche.
Plus Grubauer >> Jones

So naturally, Blues will be hosting Colorado in Game 1 on Saturday.

Reactions: brokeu91

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
so...who's the better matchup? I think the road-warrior mentality against the Sharks would be better for the Blues than the underd0g, nothing to lose Avalanche.
Plus Grubauer >> Jones

So naturally, Blues will be hosting Colorado in Game 1 on Saturday.
Personally, I think San Jose is the better team. San Jose has a lot of big guns and guys that are performing for them right now. Burns, Karlsson, Couture, Hertl, Vlasic, Meier, etc. And this is a team that's gotten this far without Pavelski for much of the playoffs. I think I'd rather take my chances trying to shut down MacKinnon and Rantanen than all of those guys. Grubauer is no Bishop either, although he has been very good for Colorado. Either way, they are both beatable teams.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think the next game may decide the series.
I don’t. I actually think the Sharks are under a lot more pressure than us.

If the Sharks drop game 5 and have to come back to STL down 3-2, they’re not very good on the road and I think we’d put them away.

The Blues on the other hand, even if we lose tomorrow I think we win at home and force a game 7. We came back down 3-2 against Dallas and could do it again. Anything can happen in a game 7 and I’d still be confident that we can win at least 1 more game on the road against the Sharks.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I don’t. I actually think the Sharks are under a lot more pressure than us.

If the Sharks drop game 5 and have to come back to STL down 3-2, they’re not very good on the road and I think we’d put them away.

The Blues on the other hand, even if we lose tomorrow I think we win at home and force a game 7. We came back down 3-2 against Dallas and could do it again. Anything can happen in a game 7 and I’d still be confident that we can win at least 1 more game on the road against the Sharks.
I think you just agreed with me. The Blues will win game 5, take the series lead, and the Sharks won't be able to come back from that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad