Tracking the Blues’ Stanley Cup Quest—LOL

StLewis11

Oct 18, 2008
was So.Ill, now SoCA
With one more win, Binnington will tie Roy, Dryden and I forget the other for most postseason wins by a rookie goalie. He actually has a chance to break the record if the win the series.

The Calder voting was over before the playoffs, but how could someone else win it if he were to do that? It would feel like the wrong guy is getting it.
Ken Dryden actually won the Conn Smythe for Montreal before winning the Calder the next year.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I hope the crowd Sunday can WILL the team over the finish line. If not, looks like O’Reilly can do it himself.
Yep. Even if they drop are hard-fought game...or get blown out...the crowd better be pumping them up as they head off the ice, and thank them for a remarkable season, win or lose.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
We're going to need a pinned thread that points back to some stuff from this season, since we can't have a HoF sub-forum for these kinds of things.
If we put together a list of threads we want to "archive," I can add their links to the stickied Blues forum resource thread (which could probably do with some offseason updating anyway).

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Has the time finally come...

or have the blues finally perfected the art of heartbreak? Find out Sunday.
If they lose in 7, I’m not sure I can be that upset. It’s been such an enjoyable run.

But I think this script is already written. Last game was Boston’s chance. They blew it. The Blues are going to play their best game of the series tomorrow. No stage fright.

I don’t see this going 7. After all the years, after all the heartbreak, the Blues are going to hoist the Cup on home ice in front of their adoring fans. And thousands of us around the world (even Finland, Russia and Denmark) will simultaneously cheer in front of our screens. We’ll shed some tears of gratitude in celebration.

It will take a great effort tomorrow to finish the Bruins, but the Blues have been preparing for this moment all season. They’ll be equal to the task.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I would say that I would be really upset if we ended up losing this in 7, but then I think about it a little bit and realize, it would be the absolute most Blues thing. Ever.

Like, evar.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
I would say that I would be really upset if we ended up losing this in 7, but then I think about it a little bit and realize, it would be the absolute most Blues thing. Ever.

Like, evar.
In double overtime on an uncalled hand pass while a Boston player trips Binnington in the crease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad