1% to Blues win Stanley Cup. :popcorn:

I posted that Nov 19, 2018

giphy.gif

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
A simple 'like' for this post just doesn't do justice.

What a ride. What a crazy ride. I'm so happy for so many people who will be affected by this.

My son just graduated from high school and is moving on to tackle life as a young adult. For his final Spring Break we decided to go on a 3-game road trip to follow the Blues. At the time I was booking our flights and hotels, they were at the bottom of the rankings. For the rest of his life, he'll remember that trip that we took during the season the Blues won their first Stanley Cup. This night has capped off that special father/son time in a unique way that is going to be etched into his memory forever. Some day, I'll be dead and gone, and he'll look back on his memories of times with me, and I have to think that trip and the many games we've watched together will be something he cherishes. I sure hope so.

And I know that all across Blues fandom, there are many poignant stories like this. Families that have shared the hard times, and now the good. Loved ones who have passed on, that we can remember in a more distinct way because of our shared experience cheering for the Blues over the years.

The Stanley Cup is just a trophy. But its also a symbol of an incredible amount of work, sacrifice, luck, perseverance, selflessness. And its a symbol for the whole city to share in.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins Mod coming to salute your team.

The Blues won 3 games in Boston (sticktap)

I was in your city for all 3 games and the only problem I had there was with an Uber driver who freaked out that I was going to the other airport in East St. Louis. I enjoyed BBQ at Pappy's and Bogarts and most importantly I will remember how several Blues fans while crushed about losing Game 6 were genuinely concerned about David Ortiz.

As a Bruins Moderator, I thank the vast majority of you for not trolling the HF Bruins board and we made it clear to our members not to troll your board.

Congrats

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I don't think a simple like or post does this justice. this was a team that was dead in the water. They were last in the league at the end of the year. Sabres fans were circling like vultures thinking we'd give a lottery pick. None of us thought we'd even make the playoffs. But we battled back. We won 11 in a row to get back into the race.

Our first line outplayed perfection. our Defense made things even. I was holding off on saying it until we won, but this was a team of DESTINY. Pietro is the most fitting captain to bring it to us and we MUST re-sign him to let him retire a blue. When we doubted him, he responded. At EVERY point with our back against the wall we responded. We came back against the jets, then finished the job in game 6. We controlled game 7 vs Dallas and solved Bishop. We wore down the Sharks and finished them. We beat boston 5on5 and climbed the mountain for the first time. This is the most deserving Blues team in history and they did it. At every turn they were doubted and battled back and here we are. At the top of the mountain for the first time and how sweet is it. We've been waiting for this since 1967.

This was a special year and I'm so happy to have been able to share it with all of you, who have made the pain of failure sting so less for years and years. We finally have it. Those of us who were waiting for just one can die now, but hopefully we stay for many more! I'm so happy all of the people who could shjare this were able to and most of all I'm so happy I can say tonight...

ALEXA PLAY GLORIA!

Last edited:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I've been away from this board for a couple weeks now because I was in St. Louis for game 5-7 and was soaking up the atmosphere in person. But this had to be the first thread I posted in upon my return.

What a ride. I can't wait to take a couple hours to read this thread from start to finish at some point during the lazy summer days. This was a roller coaster of a season and I'm still in disbelief that this franchise is actually Stanley Cup Champions. It was a joy sharing the season with everyone here.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
This may still be the greatest thread I've ever been a part of here - and that spans some 17 years here covering some fantastic, legendary [and long since lost] threads over that time.
It reminds me of the legendary thread at the Asylum about how it was impossible for the Blues to make the playoffs, the year they had that amazing late season run (then got swept by Vancouver). Very similar vibe.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Was driving in my truck earlier and had my iTunes on shuffle and Gloria came on. I immediately cranked it up and many great memories came to mind. Still can’t believe they won the cup.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
Eh, the only way it turns around is if we bring in a guy like Hitch and makes us completely buckle down defensively. I just don't see that happening. Like the Korac tweets show, we are losing because players are not executing or we have the dumbest defensive plan in history. They either quit on Yeo or something else happened. We clearly didn't coach the young guys good enough, but it's mind-boggling that the vets are making these mistakes.

Another couple weeks of **** hockey, and we'll have to be the best team in the league just to make the playoffs.

FYI, I'm not singling out Bleedblue, (because I essentially said the same thing). but this was just one of the many posts that is so interesting to read now. We actually were the best team in the league from Jan. 3 on and we did make the playoffs and so much more. Thanks for resurrecting this thread, I still love reading it from start to finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad