U20: Tournament in Lake Placid aug 2013

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Collberg doing his thing on the PP, two goals so far á Stamkos. Basically open nets, think both were primarily assisted by Possler. Högberg has made some stops, Barber had a good individual effort earlier.

Stamkos? :D As you said, they were basically empty net goals. ;)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Lots of U.S. penalities and lots of PP goals against. Not a good recipe for success. I think this year's U.S. WJC will be a touch more talented offensively than last year's , but without Gibson, Trouba, McCabe, and Jones to lean on it could be a challenge defensively.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Amazing Sundqvist managed to get up on his own. That hit was reckless as hell, how the hell did Hinostroza not get called?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Joe if you're using FastHockey could you share what the quality is like?

It's not especially high(sub 1mbit/s for sure), but there's commentary. No replays, however you can rewind. Basically if you're interested enough it's worth it, otherwise not worth it.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
cant believe i paid to watch this game. finland failing at everything.
korpisalo sucking 100-0, k.kapanen and teräväinen missing open goals. sloppy passing all around. dreadful defending, loose disipline. crappy game.
on a plus side Julius Honka keeps on impressing me. with this ratio he will be first round draft pick next year.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Lots of U.S. penalities and lots of PP goals against. Not a good recipe for success. I think this year's U.S. WJC will be a touch more talented offensively than last year's , but without Gibson, Trouba, McCabe, and Jones to lean on it could be a challenge defensively.
After watching White and Blue play, I'm not worried about the D or the goaltending. Skjei, Gryz, Brodzinski, and Carrick have all looked pretty damn good, and that's not even getting into guys like Santini, Vanelli, Sieloff, and McCoshen. Chances are good that we'll be turning away at least one talented defenseman. Gillies looked clutch in net.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I think the forwards defensively have a chance at being better than last year which can make up for it.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
After watching White and Blue play, I'm not worried about the D or the goaltending. Skjei, Gryz, Brodzinski, and Carrick have all looked pretty damn good, and that's not even getting into guys like Santini, Vanelli, Sieloff, and McCoshen. Chances are good that we'll be turning away at least one talented defenseman. Gillies looked clutch in net.

Yeah, more of a kneejerk reaction on my part than anything else. I'll be interested in seeing how things come together after the cuts.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
According to the american commentator Teemu Tavaenen has chance to become special player at next level

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
It's not especially high(sub 1mbit/s for sure), but there's commentary. No replays, however you can rewind. Basically if you're interested enough it's worth it, otherwise not worth it.

thnx

Canadian lineup for tomorrow's game vs Finland

Forwards

Hunter Shinkaruk/Fredrik Gauthier/Anthony Mantha

Brendan Leipsic /Nicolas Petan/Emile Poirier

Ryan Rupert /Felix Girard /Mark Jankowski

Kerby Rychel /Brendan Gaunce /Sam Reinhart

Defence

Slater Koekkoek - Michael Matheson

Joshua Morrissey - Dillon Heatherington

Matthew Finn - Ryan Pulock

Goalies

Eric Comrie

Zachary Fucale

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
From the looks of it I'd say the majority of the scratches on Canada's roster would have the inside track at the moment.

Scratches: Jake Paterson, Connor McDavid, Mathew Dumba, Darnell Nurse, Derrick Pouliot, Damon Severson, Charles Hudon, Tom Wilson, Max Domi, Sean Monahan, Scott Laughton, Curtis Lazar, Bo Horvat

I think if available all those players are gonna be on the final roster, which is why I say that.

Last edited:

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Canada seems to have found their legs and dominated the second half of the second period.
2-2 after 2.
Reinhart-Shinkaruk-Gauthier line has been very good.
Petan and Leipsic have been giving the Finns fits, too.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
So you call this finland team A when they are Playing withouth Barkov, Ristolainen and Määttä?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad