TourettesGuy GM Game - Teams Full

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I will take the Penguins off your hand and was a really reliable member of many games last year so I can help out.

Confirmed, Pitt's best is reliable.

As I said above, it's TG's call, but I am sure you will get approved. I don't believe he is on (awaiting a PM from him), but I imagine he'll be back soon.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Both of you are now GM's of your teams.

I know Pitts is reliable from other GM Games, and NYR Censored, i'm sure you'll do a good job.

:)

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Will do. I take part in drafts on other sites, and am among the most active participants in those. I am the anti-Sather, so horrible free agent signings will have to be put on the shoulder's of other GM's.

How quickly will the season be simmed?

That is completely TGs call. I am more than willing to help out with the draft, FA signings, and approval of trades, but things like that belong to him. At this point I figure the more time the better, because it is still difficult to tell, how the season is going to shape up. For instance, I really don't see Detroit missing the playoffs (or Toronto going 0-10-72, though its possible).

At the same time, keeping people busy is key in these games, so it won't be too long. Suffice to say that there is still a ton to do (i.e. I have only seen like 7 FAs re-sign) so it probably won't occur for at least 4 to 5 days, and we still have a ton of empty teams. If you have any people on here that you think would be good (reliable, but not insane), send them a pm to join.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Sounds good. I can take on another team or be an agent or something if needed too because the Pens don't need a lot of work.

Who can I talk about re-signing some of my guys?

Kunitz is on the block but I need a good deal to trade him.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
TRADE:

To :leafs
8473546.jpg
8475210.jpg

Michael Grabner, Anton Rodin

To :nucks
8467412.jpg

Alexei Ponikarovsky​

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
TRADE:

To :leafs
8473546.jpg
8475210.jpg

Michael Grabner, Anton Rodin

To :nucks
8467412.jpg

Alexei Ponikarovsky​

Confirmed. The Leafs are very happy to acquire a good young winger in Grabner, and a good prospect in Rodin. This year we do not have any picks in the top 60. We feel that Rodin helps cover that gap. Its sad to see Poni go, but this is a trade we think will help us in the present, and in the future. We wish Poni luck in Vancouver.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:wild

Are confirming that Kim Johnsson will be testing Unrestricted Free Agency this year.

"He has been very good for the Wild organization, we are looking to trade Kim Johnsson to a team who is looking for a top 4 defenseman and is willing to sign him to a contract."

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:wild ACQUIRE RYANE CLOWE, DOUG MURRAY, LOGAN COUTURE, TYSON SEXSMITH, 1ST ROUNDER
8469622.jpg
8468114.jpg
8474053.jpg
8474003.jpg

To :wild :
Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray
Logan Couture
Tyson Sexsmith
1st Round Pick In 2010

To :sharks
Brent Burns
Owen Nolan

8470613.jpg
8449895.jpg

Blockbuster deal, sending Brent Burns and Owen Nolan to the San Jose Sharks for a package of Ryane Clowe, Douglas Murray, Logan Couture, Tyson Sexsmith and 1st Round Pick in 2010.

"Burns is really going to make the San Jose Sharks a much better team, and make the defense one of the top of the league, and Owen Nolan is going back home to wear he wore the "C" and had the highlights of his career. Clowe brings in another top six forward, Murray brings in a tough defensive defeseman, Couture brings us a potential dynamo in the NHL and Sexsmith a reliable prospect in the making.

This was a hard trade for the Wild to do, but we beileve it's for the best. We wish the best of luck to Brent Burns and Owen Nolan.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
confirmed^

There is no player we felt offers a better fit in terms of cap hit, position, and abilities than Brent Burns. Brent brings massive size, good defensive ability, exceptional skating, and a booming slap shot. The fact that he brings all of these at the age of only 25 has our organization very excited. Having a pair of tutors in Dan Boyle and Rob Blake, offers him excellent opportunity to further develop as a player. We are ecstatic to acquire him, even if we may have overpaid. Losing Couture and the 1st certainly hurts the future, but Burns age makes up for it, as we know he is a key part of our long term plans. Murray and Clowe represented losses in terms of grit, but we feel Nolan and Burns do a more than adequate job of replacing them.

Last edited:

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:hawks ACQUIRE TREVOR DALEY, MARTY TURCO FROM STARS'
8470110.jpg
8460612.jpg

To :hawks :
Trevor Daley
Marty Turco

To :stars :
Brian Campbell
Dylan Olsen
CHI 1st Round Pick In 2010
8466285.jpg
8475153.jpg

Another trade with the Stars as the Blackhawks acquire defenseman Trevor Daley and goaltender Marty Turco from the Dallas Stars in exchange for overpaid defenseman Brian Campbell, prospect Dylan Olsen and a 1st Round Pick in 2010.

Turco will be on the goaltender depth chart with Christobal Huet, Antti Neimi and Corey Crawford, With Huet on the block and most likely being traded, Neimi will learn from Turco once the hawks make the playoffs. Brian Campbell has a horrid contract and Dallas was in desperation for defenseman.

"It really helps clear cap space for our young upcoming RFA's (Teows, Kane, Keith, Ladd, Skille etc), as we get less and less money of the cap, we feel we will be alright cap wise."​
[/center]

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
TRADE:
To :wild
8470760.jpg

Marc Methot

To :cbj
8460770.jpg

Kim Johnsson

"Johnsson wanted to be traded, Wild organization would like to wish the best of luck to Kim."

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
:cbj
RIGHTS TO KIM JOHNSSON

The Columbus Blue Jackets are glad to announce that they have acquired the rights to Kim Johnsson. We know that he will play a big part on our team, and we hope he resigns with us.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars :hawks

Stars welcome Campbell to Big D

The Dallas Stars would like to confirm a trade with the Chicago Blackhawks.

To Dallas: Brian Campbell, Dylan Olsen, Chicago’s 1st round pick in 2010
To Chicago: Marty Turco, Trevor Daley

8466285.jpg
8475153.jpg

Marty Turco has been an important member of the Dallas Stars for many years, but the time to move on has come. A complete makeover of team philosophy with Joe Nieuwendyk and Marc Crawford has seen the team evolve into an offensive force. Dallas has 6 forwards with close to a PPG, and the team needs a top level point producing defenseman. The days of defense first are behind the Dallas Stars.

Similar to the trade that brought Brad Richards to the Stars, Dallas is jumping at the chance to add a top offensive defenseman from a team with an unfortunate financial situation. Dallas has the cap space to make this move, and with the imminent sell of the Texas Rangers, they have the money.

In addition to Campbell, the Stars add Dylan Olsen and a 2010 first round pick. Olsen was a player the Stars coveted in the 2009 draft, and they were disappointed to see him off the board so soon. Fortunately, this trade allows Dallas to bring him into the fold.

dustyrockon

Feb 25, 2009
:cbj

Is still looking for a top line center or winger.

Willing to part with some top players, listening to all offers.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
:leafs

Trade Block:

Forwards

C Matt Stajan
LW Niklas Hagman
RW Jamal Mayers
LW Lee Stempniak
LW James Blake

Goaltender

G Vesa Toskala

Defencemen

D Mike Komisarek
D Garnett Exelby
D Jonas Frogren
D Jeff Finger​

We are looking for top 6 talent, or early round draft picks. These players could be packaged together for higher picks.

Do not ask about Schenn, Kadri, Kessel, Grabo, Gustavsson, Stalberg, White, Kaberle. They are cemented to the ground.

Please PM if interested.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Confirmed.

Girardi needed a change of scenery.

:rangers

Get back two picks that they lost last year due to the Boyle/Johnson trades.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
Tampa Bay is activley looking for a 2nd line forward and a 4th line center. and are looking to trade picks and young players to acquire them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad