OT: Totally Legal Music Sharing Thread sponsored by Napster

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I love this thread. Ill give most of your posts a listen. My favourite music is Alt Rock and folky music.

Caamp. Of recent, my most listened to band.

Rainbow Kitten Surprise. My 5th most listened to song on my iphone.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Mt Joy - My most listened to song.

Arkells - Last year I flew out to Detroit for Two Red Wings games, a Pistons games and an Arkells concert @ The Majestic Theatre. Just an awesome weekend. Arkells are the band I've listend to most over the last decade. I have seen them live at least 7 times.

The Revivalists - I have a difficult time picking a favourite song but this one is definetly in the mix. I was supposed to see The Revivalists at Red Rocks Amphitheater back in June but Covid obviously prevented that. Their version of You Can't Always Get What You Want Live @ Red Rocks is very enjoyable.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Totally random... but your avatar made me think of this:

6bf362c1c2c656340a75d08a99c59281.jpg

Reactions: PullHard

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Somehow I've never heard a single one of the songs posted thus far. Here's the artists I've based iHeartRadio stations on:

Royal Blood (current, hard rock)
Elton John (60s/70s/80s, pop/rock)
Alice in Chains (90s alternative)

Lately it's been Soundgarden and Stone Temple Pilots, but I'll jam to anything from Chuck Berry to Muse.

And speaking of Muse:

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Somehow I've never heard a single one of the songs posted thus far. Here's the artists I've based iHeartRadio stations on:

Lately it's been Soundgarden and Stone Temple Pilots, but I'll jam to anything from Chuck Berry to Muse.

Sometimes I get anxiety thinking about all of the great music that I might not hear or discover haha. Part of the reason I love threads like this.

Also, Figure it out by royal blood is an awesome song! Really gets me going during a workout or as a pump up song before playing sports!

Reactions: jkutswings

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I've been an Against Me! fan for ages but I just now discovered this song and holy shit it gives me chills. Recommend it to be enjoyed at max volume.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA

And speaking of Muse:

For the longest time, they would always play Uprising when the Wings got scored on at the Joe.

No idea why my mind went there :laugh:

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Ok I'll play. Most listened songs in my Amazon music history.

Thrice. My workplace became kind of toxic after a corporate merger so I guess this was my way of coping.

Greg Graffin. Was a huge bad religion fan, this is quite different but I love it. Early morning coffee listening.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
My base musics are 80's alternative and rap morphing into alternative and grunge but lately I have been discovering music I can only describe as trance primal fusion? The weirder the better. The music doesn't pump your blood but it pumps your soul raises the hairs on your arm

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010

This a bit of a different genera but this band has a very dedicated following, its like folk rock with a bit of a christian element which is so out of my range but their music is so original I just love it. There is this gentle ferocity the singer brings that I can't quite place.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
@Retire91 Four of the last songs and artists you've linked are in my regular rotation. In particular, Sigur Ros and Cloud Cult are two of my all-time favorites. I saw Sigur Ros live a few years ago and it was unreal. If it were hard pressed to pick a favorite band, I think Sigur Ros might be it.

This a bit of a different genera but this band has a very dedicated following, its like folk rock with a bit of a christian element which is so out of my range but their music is so original I just love it. There is this gentle ferocity the singer brings that I can't quite place.

So Cloud Cult is a local Minnesota band! I was lucky enough to see them perform with the Minnesota Orchestra backing them for a special performance. The lady and I had tickets for their next performance with the orchestra, but it's been delayed due to, well you know, the world. But even before then, I was lucky enough to catch them in the UP and Denver. Always a treat each time. Great live atmopshere.

Luckily they keep the spiritual stuff vague and more interpretive. Because like you, I really enjoy the vibes and energy.

Reactions: Retire91

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
One of the best King Khan and BBQ Show gigs I attended was on Halloween in '08 at the Magic Stick. I have seen them in Chicago, Brooklyn, Philly and Phoenix but the Detroit gig was the bet. This a staple of their live show.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
My base musics are 80's alternative and rap morphing into alternative and grunge but lately I have been discovering music I can only describe as trance primal fusion? The weirder the better. The music doesn't pump your blood but it pumps your soul raises the hairs on your arm

Cocteau Twins, man that takes me back. Solid selections.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
For the longest time, they would always play Uprising when the Wings got scored on at the Joe.

No idea why my mind went there :laugh:
Hey, at least they're playing Muse, They're Top #11 (& rising) for me, but they won't go further than 7 if they get any better/go higher. Another 10 yrs of great music could do that.

Sharing under US Sec. 107, Fair Use for Education, Entertainment & Media purposes. No Copyright Infringement. This page is Not Monetized. If you can Monetize it for the Red Wings Community, please do so kindly. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad