OT: Totally Legal Music Sharing Thread sponsored by Napster

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I can't keep up with all the songs here, which is actually a terrific problem to have. I'm going to add my favorites to a running list and then share the results as time goes on.

Keep them coming, folks!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Nice. Here is the song that got me into Bon Iver.

This Bon Iver performance at AIR Studios is pretty legendary.

AIR does some pretty incredible recording work for film and television, too. And even some pretty impressive game scores.

We've come pretty far from the Mario tune.

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Nice. Here is the song that got me into Bon Iver.

A buddy of mine told me about Bon Iver pretty early on, it was right after this album came out and he didn't have a real big following yet. He was opening for some band called Black Mountain that I had never heard of. Buddy couldn't end up coming out to the show so I just decided I'd go solo that night. He played like six songs (including this one) at the Rock And Roll Hotel in DC, it's a small spot with not much room. Was probably one of the best shows I have ever seen and he's probably the only guy I can say I saw in a small room before he got huge. Never did see him again after that because I still feel like I'd be let down trying to compare the experiences. Left before the third song from Black Mountain was over, just not my thing.

Probably my favorite song this year, and feels like it needs to be posted in a Detroit sports forum since he's a native son of Detroit (and hugely underappreciated)

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

Sylvan Esso with a live band instead of just the two of them.

I've never really listened to Mac Miller before but cannot stop listening to this record.

Son Little

Reactions: MintBerryCrunch

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
A buddy of mine told me about Bon Iver pretty early on, it was right after this album came out and he didn't have a real big following yet. He was opening for some band called Black Mountain that I had never heard of. Buddy couldn't end up coming out to the show so I just decided I'd go solo that night. He played like six songs (including this one) at the Rock And Roll Hotel in DC, it's a small spot with not much room. Was probably one of the best shows I have ever seen and he's probably the only guy I can say I saw in a small room before he got huge. Never did see him again after that because I still feel like I'd be let down trying to compare the experiences. Left before the third song from Black Mountain was over, just not my thing.

Probably my favorite song this year, and feels like it needs to be posted in a Detroit sports forum since he's a native son of Detroit (and hugely underappreciated)

I saw Blood On The Wall open for Black Mountain in a small club in Asheville. BOTW was great, not to mention one of the more interesting bands I've seen.

We had the same experience with Black Mountain. We left after about 20 minutes of their set. I can only take so much trippy, droning sludge-rock. The take away is you should leave after the opener of a Black Mountain show.

Reactions: Sparty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->