Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Jets are due for an A game, I can't remember the last time they really impressed me with a full 60 minute effort. Even in some of their solid games of late, they've had lulls that nearly killed them.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Here's a good description of the Jets from a poster in the Leafs GDT:

For sure, Jets lost tonight to devils in OT but won three straight road games before that. Unlike last year, they are playing better on the road (8-5-2) than at home (4-6-0). Evander Kane playing well lately, had that long point streak, Pavelic has steped it up lately but he can give up 5-6 goals any time. Basically the Jets are consistently inconsistent.

Sounds about right...

That guy pretty much got it, other than Pavelec's name spelling.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Speaking of Pavelec's name spelled wrong, did anyone catch the TSN Jets graphic at the start of the Devils game that referred to him as 'Pavelec Pavelec'?

The goalie so nice that they named him twice.

Waldo

May 27, 2002
Winnipeg
Visit site
TSN just presented their Mid Season Report Card.

They gave the Jets a B-

Pavelec was listed as the 9th best goaltender.

Ladd was the Most Underrated Player

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
TSN just presented their Mid Season Report Card.

They gave the Jets a B-

Pavelec was listed as the 9th best goaltender.

Ladd was the Most Underrated Player

in the league? or on Canadian teams? after all, with Reimer/Scrivens and Schneider/Luongo, it's a possibility.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
This is probably true. And it might be nothing more than a numbers game.

But I have worn my Kings jersey to Jets, Oilers and Flames games in the past. Almost always it is was all in good fun, but there was one time in Edmonton when a group of 5-6 Oiler fans got in front of me and got in my face trying to rattle me after the game. Clearly drunk. Wearing an away jersey you have to be the bigger fan and walk away, people are surprisingly gullible to the pack mentality. So I just kept walking, did not even acknowledge them as they tried to intimidate me and throw insults my way. As an away fan you have to be smarter, IMO.

Not that it makes people going after in a physical or harmful way fans RIGHT. They 100% are not in the right. But as an away fan you must be smarter since that is the way it goes. You need to be less aggressive when attacking , and you need to walk away. But starting Go Leafs Go chants and like the guy wearing the Leaf jersey in my section was doing last year, standing up and FLIPPING OFF THE SECTION WHEN THE LEAFS SCORED, that's going to get you in trouble. You want to be that stupid, you damn near deserve it. Never saw any other fans being that disrespectful.

Was that in 328? I know a couple of Leafs fans got booted and the one guy was flipping the bird to everyone on the way out.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Speaking of Pavelec's name spelled wrong, did anyone catch the TSN Jets graphic at the start of the Devils game that referred to him as 'Pavelec Pavelec'?

The goalie so nice that they named him twice.

qU9gC04.png

jetkarma*

Yesterday before the game Hustler and Lawless had Chico Resch on and he was saying he had been talking with Pavelec and Chico said he's a big guy ... bigger than Lawless here... Gary quietly said "don't say that" not sure why he said to not say it but he did lol.

I think Chico meant he was big/thick and covered the net space well , but maybe not.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Yesterday before the game Hustler and Lawless had Chico Resch on and he was saying he had been talking with Pavelec and Chico said he's a big guy ... bigger than Lawless here... Gary quietly said "don't say that" not sure why he said to not say it but he did lol.

I think Chico meant he was big/thick and covered the net space well , but maybe not.

Gary decides who gets attacked and when. He probably already has a "Pav needs to get into shape" article set for the endnof the season if Pav falters again. I mean he has no problem saving a quote for a year before use.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
We've got a classy and awesome group of posters here on HF Jets. I wouldn't expect anything else. :)

Also, a reminder to please report trolling posts rather than responding. It's a major help to our mods.

AWwww thanks!
...but now some of us might feel obligated to put on some pants, perhaps underwear too. :sarcasm:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Thanks Hammer, I dozed off. Stupid lingering food poisoning is still making me tired.

Ouch, that happened to me about half a year ago. I missed an entire Sunday of football because I was in the bathroom or curled up in bed. Girlfriend knew it was serious when I didn't want to come out and watch sports. :laugh:

Feel better man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad