Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Winnipeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Might as well begin talking about the next. We're moving through this schedule and season quickly.

Random note, we're 8-5-2 on the road and 6-4-0 at home. Reverse our home record to 6-4-0 and we would be 14-9-2 on the season, 30 points, Division lead. We've got out flaws, but somehow we've managed to stay right in the playoff picture.

Would be great if we can go on a run here at home. We've got 7 of our remaining 11 March games at home. Capitalize on our home games and continue winning on the road.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
A picture says a 1000 words....

burnad_1.jpg

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
The Leafs are one of the worst possesion teams in the league and their goalies are playing out of their minds!! Plus the Jets dominated them last time. They can't keep winning.

Reeeeeee-gression!!!

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Happy we've got a home game again, missed the atmosphere. If we could show up for 60 instead of 20 at home that would also be a plus.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Thought the Jets were the better team in their last game vs. the Leafs, and should have come out with two points. A soft-ish goal on Pavelec and a dumb penalty by Ponikarovsky were both killers.

Now would be a fine time to start recapturing some of that home ice mojo.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
PLEASE win this game. I couldn't sleep for 2 nights after our last nightmare game against the Laffs.

Need to come out strong at home (which we've been doing) and actually score early at home (which has been an issue).

My two favourite teams are playing: The Jets and whoever is playing the Leafs.

Puckschmuck*

I would like to see a game where both the fanbases don't resort to petty and childish insults regarding and commenting in GDTs. Last time was horrendous.

Is this possible? Stay tuned...........................

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
It's time to point out the emperor has no clothes. Pavelec has been playing like the goalie he needs to be, and that makes me feel gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

I predict a WIN. 2-0 Jets.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Hope the Jets come out of the gates strong and stay strong. Carlyle has got all his lines playing hard. Keys to a Jets win- play a full 60 minutes, our 3 and 4 lines will need to at least match the Leafs 3 and 4. Pavs- continues to be our best player and stay out of the box.

EDIT- I guess this game plan would work against every team:sarcasm:

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The Leafs are a good road team with some scoring spread out amongst their lines. The effort has to be better than against Florida and NJ, despite getting 3 of 4 points out of those games, the team looked sloppy.

The PP needs to get moving or this is not a playoff team. It's frustrating how it always seems to be one if the special teams struggling. PK is better but the PP sucks.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Leafs are a good hockey team, really enjoy watching them play this year with Carlyle as head coach. We will be in tough thats for sure

Puckschmuck*

The Leafs are a good road team with some scoring spread out amongst their lines. The effort has to be better than against Florida and NJ, despite getting 3 of 4 points out of those games, the team looked sloppy.

The PP needs to get moving or this is not a playoff team. It's frustrating how it always seems to be one if the special teams struggling. PK is better but the PP sucks.

So will you be wearing your Leafs gear to the game? ;)

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
I would like to see a game where both the fanbases don't resort to petty and childish insults regarding and commenting in GDTs. Last time was horrendous.

Is this possible? Stay tuned...........................

This.
The first time was fun, kinda.
But the bickering is exhausting. There's no substance to it.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
This.
The first time was fun, kinda.
But the bickering is exhausting. There's no substance to it.

Agreed, i have no ill feelings toward the Toronto Maple Leafs. Sucks they have so many fans that show up to Jets games but we can only blame ourselves for selling tickets to Leaf fans. At the end of the day they are a Canadian team and i will cheer them on when they are not playing the Jets

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
These games bring out the worst in fanbases. As much as I want to punch a Leafs fan during the game, I wouldn't actually do it. Sad to say that booze sometimes causes tempers to flare and it makes everyone look ugly. Lets have a good game out there folks.

I will be in attendance, hoping for a better result than last time. I will be wearing my Jets luchadore mask I bought in Mexico. :)

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Leafs are a good hockey team, really enjoy watching them play this year with Carlyle as head coach. We will be in tough thats for sure

The underlying numbers suggest they are an awful hockey team riding unsustainable percentages much like the Minnesota Wild did last year before the collapse.

Not sure if there is enough time left for them to fall out of the playoffs, but they very likely would if this was an 82 game season.

EDIT

Winnipeg started the Wild collapse last year, hopefully they do the same to Toronto this year.

Brymas McCaberle

Dec 12, 2009
Also, it should be noted that maple leaves, while possibly green, orange, red, yellow or brown, are never blue.

stock-illustration-5767364-maple-leaves.jpg

:shakehead

Too many people bring this up, but why not just search for why it is?

The next season, the Leafs appeared for the first time in the blue and white sweaters they have worn ever since. The Maple Leafs say that blue represents the Canadian skies and white represents snow, but it also followed the Toronto sports tradition of using blue as the primary colour, which started with the Toronto Argonauts in 1873 and the University of Toronto Varsity Blues in 1877 (and later the Toronto Blue Jays in 1977).

Not to mention the name "Leafs" do not reference actual leaves, but the name of a WWI Regiment.

There are many other things to mock my team on - just don't let it be on honourable heritage ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad