Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Leafs value Kapanen more than other teams do and Vancouver values Juolevi more than other teams do.

IMO this is how this will go...to Toronto fans it looks (close to) fair, to neutral fans it looks clearly unfair, and to Vancouver fans it looks TERRIBLE and laughable.

Live in London and saw tons of Juolevi ...am still shockd how high he went.
He is good and smooth, but not great. Could top out as a number 2, and safe to say a #3

I would say their value is about even, with the edge to Juolevi because of position and age, but not really potential, as they are both likely, just not top teir talent

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Tanev does not even get VAN close to Nylander. Could not be further away. Toronto does not need Tanev and will never trade for him.

I'd be happy if the Leafs acquired him, but I can't see them offering anything of substance.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Uhh...those type of quotes say he is part of their future. Did you even read the article?

as I said I don't think they are looking to move him....what someone says one day can change the next, if he wasn't considered part of the future would he have said that?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Best way to describe this. This is for an example only, not making comparisons.

Leafs have Crosby and Kane. Fans understand their importance and how good they are, and see a third rookie, who compared to them, looks like he might be available and would improve your team.

Nylander is kind of like a Giroux, capable of being a first line C on team, elite potential, but playing behind the first two, fans offer value for a guy like Brayden Schenn.

Leaf fans understand the value here, and other fans are playing ignorant on his potential to attempt to get a young star for scraps.

This proposal is insulting honestly.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Can we all just agree Toronto isn't willing to give up nylander for Tanev, and Vancouver doesn't want anything else. No insults or spitting matches. Seriously mods, why no lock yet....

DrTucker

Jan 29, 2015
Halifax

It's like asking if you would trade Boeser for Gudbranson?

Gudbranson doesn't have much value. I wouldn't take him on the leafs for free. No disrespect to nuck fans. Most have been reasonable on this thread.

I'd would take Gudbranson on the team, but only if we had already ready / were about to trade Polak. He's a servicable 4/5 d'man that plays a type of game I like. That being said, I'm only moving B level prospects and 3rd round picks or lower for him(at this point in our build) Kapenen for example is in no way available for just Gudbranson

DrTucker

Jan 29, 2015
Halifax
Tanev does not even get VAN close to Nylander. Could not be further away. Toronto does not need Tanev and will never trade for him.

Ok let's not get so extreme. Tanev is a player type that would go along way in Toronto. I would love to aquire Tanev, but at a cost that is good for Toronto. The Leafs aren't at the point to start over paying for players.

DrTucker

Jan 29, 2015
Halifax
I know you don't even know what its like to be a fan of a good hockey club, and yours is showing signs of life after a decade plus so you are finally able to be even more smug than before. Congrats on maybe finally breaking your 15 years of no playoffs in a league where half the teams make it. 15 years bro.

They made it 2013 pal

lockout years don't count my man!

Ah pretty sure they do ... wow, kids

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Ah pretty sure they do ... wow, kids

Nope, 15 years without the playoffs. Because the Leafs have missed the playoffs 10 times in the last 11 years. And the one year they made the playoffs doesn't count, so that season has to be removed.

As any mathematician could tell you, 11-1=15.

Fifteen years.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Nope, 15 years without the playoffs. Because the Leafs have missed the playoffs 10 times in the last 11 years. And the one year they made the playoffs doesn't count, so that season has to be removed.

As any mathematician could tell you, 11-1=15.

Fifteen years.

So do you wanna tell the hawks their 2013 cup win doesn't count anymore?

Blaylock38

Bleeds Blue & White
Jul 7, 2010
Hamilton
Nylander trade talk is purely media driven, they need stories, they need to find matches or potential matches with other team for TDL stories, I can't see the Leafs moving him for this or any of the proposals that get posted on here.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I'd would take Gudbranson on the team, but only if we had already ready / were about to trade Polak. He's a servicable 4/5 d'man that plays a type of game I like. That being said, I'm only moving B level prospects and 3rd round picks or lower for him(at this point in our build) Kapenen for example is in no way available for just Gudbranson

Gudbranson is not a #4 D-man. #5/#6, sure, maybe but how valuable are those type of D-men? We have 2 in Marcinin, Marchenko who have great underlying numbers and haven't even been given a kick at the can yet.

You may be the only Leafs fan, hell, hockey fan on this board that is willing to move a B level prospect or 3rd for him. Mark Hunter and his team got Greenway and Joseph Woll with our 3rd last year. Would you trade either of those prospects for Gudbranson? What's a B level prospect? Lepisic, Nielsen Dermott? because there's no chance any rational Leaf would move them either.

REGGIE DUNLOP77

Jun 16, 2014
Southern GeorgianBay
Damn this forum has alot of GMs.

You can't take seriously what coaches and GMs say,they are always pumping there own players tires to make them look good,why would they not and why would they not say player X is part of the future/core,it makes the leafs stronger in negotiations.

Oh sorry coach bobcat did say a truth the other week,said something like whats true today is not necessarily truth tomorrow,

Poster are so funny

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Damn this forum has alot of GMs.

You can't take seriously what coaches and GMs say,they are always pumping there own players tires to make them look good,why would they not and why would they not say player X is part of the future/core,it makes the leafs stronger in negotiations.

Oh sorry coach bobcat did say a truth the other week,said something like whats true today is not necessarily truth tomorrow,

Poster are so funny

Agree with the premise of your post but not the bolded, how does that work?

REGGIE DUNLOP77

Jun 16, 2014
Southern GeorgianBay
Agree with the premise of your post but not the bolded, how does that work?

Its a negotiation tactic that everybody uses,if you was trading a hockey card to another you say all along that a card is akeeper ,said buyer now thinks he needs to pay more for it ,,keep pumping the cards tires

Somebody comes to me and wants to buy a piece of furniture that i made and it dont matter what piece it is,i say something like damn thats my favorite piece,puts them in mind that they will have to pay more for it,it works real good if the guys wife is there and she wants it,that piece of furniture/card/player/what ever is part of my core/keeper and i am really not interested in selling,

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Live in London and saw tons of Juolevi ...am still shockd how high he went.
He is good and smooth, but not great. Could top out as a number 2, and safe to say a #3

I would say their value is about even, with the edge to Juolevi because of position and age, but not really potential, as they are both likely, just not top teir talent

Sigh. Those 39 points of Tkachuk would like really nice playing next to Bo

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Its a negotiation tactic that everybody uses,if you was trading a hockey card to another you say all along that a card is akeeper ,said buyer now thinks he needs to pay more for it ,,keep pumping the cards tires

Somebody comes to me and wants to buy a piece of furniture that i made and it dont matter what piece it is,i say something like damn thats my favorite piece,puts them in mind that they will have to pay more for it,it works real good if the guys wife is there and she wants it,that piece of furniture/card/player/what ever is part of my core/keeper and i am really not interested in selling,

Are you saying potential suitors will read the paper to find out about a player? Why wouldn't they watch the player and make a decision for themselves?

REGGIE DUNLOP77

Jun 16, 2014
Southern GeorgianBay
Are you saying potential suitors will read the paper to find out about a player? Why wouldn't they watch the player and make a decision for themselves?

No,they already know the player is good,that is not the question,its how much the leafs value the player is what they dont know,if any team says player X is a keeper and they are not going to trade they are going to ask/get more than if they said nothing or even worse to say player X is not in our plans,its not rocket applancies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad