Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
first off if nylander got traded it would be for a top 2 dman or top forward, more likely dman say Hanifin,

but I think that Alex Nylander is on our radar, though it would take a lot to pry him out of buffalo,

id give up

JVR
leipsic
2018 1st

A Nylander
2018 2nd/ a higher end d prospect

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
No,they already know the player is good,that is not the question,its how much the leafs value the player is what they dont know,if any team says player X is a keeper and they are not going to trade they are going to ask/get more than if they said nothing or even worse to say player X is not in our plans,its not rocket applancies

I imagine they just talk to each other.

DrTucker

Jan 29, 2015
Halifax
Gudbranson is not a #4 D-man. #5/#6, sure, maybe but how valuable are those type of D-men? We have 2 in Marcinin, Marchenko who have great underlying numbers and haven't even been given a kick at the can yet.

You may be the only Leafs fan, hell, hockey fan on this board that is willing to move a B level prospect or 3rd for him. Mark Hunter and his team got Greenway and Joseph Woll with our 3rd last year. Would you trade either of those prospects for Gudbranson? What's a B level prospect? Lepisic, Nielsen Dermott? because there's no chance any rational Leaf would move them either.

Calm down a little man. Gudbranson is a solid, not spectacular NHL RHD. Those don't grow on trees. That being said would I move Lepisic Nielsen or Dermott for him? No but players under them sure. Even with our depth on the wings now I would consider Lepisic for Gudbranson(if Vancouver added something small) because I don't see him cracking the Leafs lineup anytime soon.

Marincin has his numbers but I've seen him play enough to know I would play Guds over him anyday. Marchenko I'll reserve judgement on but still on this Leafs team right now, with no other subtractions Gudbranson would be our #5 defense man and you'd be hard pressed to prove it otherwise

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Calm down a little man. Gudbranson is a solid, not spectacular NHL RHD.

Fair enough, I respect your opinion.

Re:Gundbranson I'd have to strongly but respectfully disagree. But hey, it happens. Most of that stems on our person valuations on him. I don't think he has any value at all...and you think he is a solid RHD. I also don't think bottom pairing defenseman hold much value as trade pieces but that's a story for another day. Now I do know there are a couple of extremes to this. We got a huge return for Polak last year but in hindsight, we fleeced them quite badly and the Sharks were gunning for the cup, desperate for that specific commodity (Polak) at the time in a buyers market. On the other extreme, there are your waiver wire bottom pairing pickups like Marchenko.

Sigh. Those 39 points of Tkachuk would like really nice playing next to Bo

Tkachuk would have been good but he's generally a bit overrated by Canadian media. No worries too much on Juolevi though, there is a very high chance he is a NHL player.

I'd be surprised if Juolevi doesn't become a solid top 4 D-man at some point but he's more of a low ceiling, steady floor type prospect. As I have mentioned in the past, It still baffled me how many scouts had Juolevi>Serg last year...especially given Serg's ceiling but the WJC/London run definitely clouded their judgement.

DrTucker

Jan 29, 2015
Halifax
Fair enough, I respect your opinion.

Re:Gundbranson I'd have to strongly but respectfully disagree. But hey, it happens. Most of that stems on our person valuations on him. I don't think he has any value at all...and you think he is a solid RHD. I also don't think bottom pairing defenseman hold much value as trade pieces but that's a story for another day. Now I do know there are a couple of extremes to this. We got a huge return for Polak last year but in hindsight, we fleeced them quite badly and the Sharks were gunning for the cup, desperate for that specific commodity (Polak) at the time in a buyers market. On the other extreme, there are your waiver wire bottom pairing pickups like Marchenko./QUOTE]

It really is all in how you value said player. I'd just prefer a similar type but upgrade on Polak as I believe that rough and tumble defense man can be very useful in a playoff run, and why not use something we have plenty of for something we need?

In this case it would be (for example) Lepisic and Polak for Gudbranson and whatever return we got for Polak

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
first off if nylander got traded it would be for a top 2 dman or top forward, more likely dman say Hanifin,

but I think that Alex Nylander is on our radar, though it would take a lot to pry him out of buffalo,

id give up

JVR
leipsic
2018 1st

A Nylander
2018 2nd/ a higher end d prospect

Gross from the Leafs perspective. The 2018 draft looks amazing, JVR is a legitimate top 6 guy, and Leipsic has been killing it in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad