Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Nylander

for

Hutton + Virtanen

Toronto need depth on D. Hutton will be a decent #3 and also Virtanen who still has the potential to be a top 6 F as hes still young.

Canucks can spare Hutton as they already have depth on D for skilled winger like Willie.

• Love
Reactions: Burt Macklin

Morning Dart

Jun 22, 2013
Toronto
Not trading an elite talent for a "decent #3" and a guy trending bust. You'd have a hard time convincing half of our fanbase to trade Nylander for Tanev straight up and that's our biggest weakness moving forward. Try harder.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Nylander

for

Hutton + Virtanen

Toronto need depth on D. Hutton will be a decent #3 and also Virtanen who still has the potential to be a top 6 F as hes still young.

Canucks can spare Hutton as they already have depth on D for skilled winger like Willie.

Respectfully and politely pass. If Nylander is made available, it would need to be a similarly aged and skilled RHD. So, it would need to be a young Dman equal in value to a rookie forward with 42 points and on pace for 60ish. Hutton doesn't fill that criteria.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
There is nothing on Vancouver's roster or in their system that would entice the Leafs to trade Nylander, there is one in this draft that would worth trading Nylander for at this moment so even the Nucks 1st pick is sufficient.

Literally no deal possible from the Canucks for Nylander.

LeafGm

Jan 10, 2009
This idea is on the same level as suggesting that the Canucks should trade Bo Horvat to the Leafs for Connor Carrick & Freddie Gauthier.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Nothing on the Canucks is worth giving up Nylander for

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I can't see the leafs parting with Nylander. He Marner and Matthews are the backbone to out forward group. No doubt we need D but the leafs will be patient and obtain them without moving those 3

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Nylander

for

Hutton + Virtanen

How about Carrick + Rychel for Horvat too while we are at it :laugh:

Top Chedz

Jan 26, 2017
Nylander is going to be a #1B being Matthews at C. He may be the easiest of the big 3 to obtain, but even still, his value is astronomical and he's getting better and better every game.

I'd want Juolevi+1st+a good roster player to just get the conversation started.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Ouch that's bad for Toronto...Nylander gets overshadowed by Matthews and Marner, but let's not forget just how good this kid is, like his ability to find an open passing lane is just ridiculous. I doubt Toronto will move him for anything short of an established star in his prime.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
If Benning was the GM of Toronto i could see this but Toronto management seems smart so no way theyd get ripped off like this as much as Id love it

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nylander

for

Hutton + Virtanen

Easy pass.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
For the Canucks this thread is kinda sad cause Jim could of just drafted Nylander and we could of kept him and Hutton. But hey Virtanen has meat and potatos and can rip the puck from the neutral zone like really good so... :cry:

Top Chedz

Jan 26, 2017
For the Canucks this thread is kinda sad cause Jim could of just drafted Nylander and we could of kept him and Hutton. But hey Virtanen has meat and potatos and can rip the puck from the neutral zone like really good so... :cry:

Speaking of Virtanen whats up with him!?

11pts over 41 games in the AHL? I don't follow him but I had no idea his stats were so mediocre.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Speaking of Virtanen whats up with him!?

11pts over 41 games in the AHL? I don't follow him but I had no idea his stats were so mediocre.

whoa I knew he is struggling but not like that, canucks could of went off the board and taken Kapanen and got a better player (currently, who knows future) Kap was picked 16 spots later (22OA)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad