Proposal: Toronto - Vancouver

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Nylander

for

Hutton + Virtanen

Toronto need depth on D. Hutton will be a decent #3 and also Virtanen who still has the potential to be a top 6 F as hes still young.

Canucks can spare Hutton as they already have depth on D for skilled winger like Willie.

Putrid for Toronto... and I'm a Canuck fan.

The cost to get Nylander would *hurt*, and rightly so... assuming he's even available!

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Honestly, the only deal I'd do that's realistic is something around Nylander and Parayko.

Not gonna happen, but STL needs a C and we need a D.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
And you got nothing to show for it...good job

I know you don't even know what its like to be a fan of a good hockey club, and yours is showing signs of life after a decade plus so you are finally able to be even more smug than before. Congrats on maybe finally breaking your 15 years of no playoffs in a league where half the teams make it. 15 years bro.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
I know you don't even know what its like to be a fan of a good hockey club, and yours is showing signs of life after a decade plus so you are finally able to be even more smug than before. Congrats on maybe finally breaking your 15 years of no playoffs in a league where half the teams make it. 15 years bro.

They made it 2013 pal

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
nylander is worth more than anything vancouver has.

he's a core elite piece and not getting traded at all, let alone for bit pieces.

BWDude

Nov 13, 2015
Tanev does not even get VAN close to Nylander. Could not be further away. Toronto does not need Tanev and will never trade for him.

Oh we definitely need/want a Tanev, just nowhere close enough to justify giving up Nylander.

Looking at a rough comparable to the Ehlers, Drai, Tkachuk, Pasta quality players. Not going anywhere.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Oh we definitely need/want a Tanev, just nowhere close enough to justify giving up Nylander.

Looking at a rough comparable to the Ehlers, Drai, Tkachuk, Pasta quality players. Not going anywhere.

Which is understandable. Some of these posts are cringeworthy. The OP, Canucks fans thinking Tanev will get Nylander without a significant add, putting Nylander in the same boat as untouchable as McDavid, saying the Leafs don't need Tanev. It's pretty simple when it comes to these teams. The Leaf fans don't want to part ways with Nylander, unless it's of great value the Canuck fans don't want to add more than Tanev. Something around Tanev, a pick and Boeser? May have appropriate value. But there's no way VAN parts with that, and TOR justifiably shouldn't be taking anything less.

The fact of the matter is, the Canucks are not a good team, and because of their success (and horrible drafting) for several years, their prospect pool is thin. Any deal that involves prospects leaving Vancouver is generally going to be a no go, unless it's someone like Virtanen. Consider the fact that the only pieces of legit value on the roster are Bo, Tanev and maybe Tryamkin and Stecher, the Canucks don't really have much to offer in terms of trading. They're better off (and most likely will) sell off veterans like Hansen, Burrows, Miller etc. Anything else trade wise is unlikely for the Canucks

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Which is understandable. Some of these posts are cringeworthy. The OP, Canucks fans thinking Tanev will get Nylander without a significant add, putting Nylander in the same boat as untouchable as McDavid, saying the Leafs don't need Tanev. It's pretty simple when it comes to these teams. The Leaf fans don't want to part ways with Nylander, unless it's of great value the Canuck fans don't want to add more than Tanev. Something around Tanev, a pick and Boeser? May have appropriate value. But there's no way VAN parts with that, and TOR justifiably shouldn't be taking anything less.

The fact of the matter is, the Canucks are not a good team, and because of their success (and horrible drafting) for several years, their prospect pool is thin. Any deal that involves prospects leaving Vancouver is generally going to be a no go, unless it's someone like Virtanen. Consider the fact that the only pieces of legit value on the roster are Bo, Tanev and maybe Tryamkin and Stecher, the Canucks don't really have much to offer in terms of trading. They're better off (and most likely will) sell off veterans like Hansen, Burrows, Miller etc. Anything else trade wise is unlikely for the Canucks

Reasonable and fair post. Now I'm not sold on Horvat being a legitimate blue-chipper (he may be closer to a Couturier type prospect than a Draisaitl, Nylander) but I do hope he works out and I will be following closely with great curiosity.

In between all the hatred, I do have a lot of empathy for fans like yourself. Sticking by the Canucks through a rough patch and having to deal with a incompetent GM that has been long overdue (Felt like my hate on JFJ/Burke/Nonis fell on deaf ears for years). I could never respect a GM like Burke who refused to even acknowledge the utility of analytics, metrics. Felt like he was living in the stone age in the 21st century. I didn't agree with the Kessel trade the day it happened but the first time I recall seriously questioning the authenticity of his regime was the Tim Connolly deal. Thankfully, I have full faith in the current regime for both the Leafs and Raptors (upcoming future may be bleak but I wouldn't fault the GM for this)...Jays not so much.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
With respect.... LOL

Hutton isnt top pairing, nor does he have top pairing potential.
And Nylander has more NHL goals and Virtanen has points in the AHL

If you don't watch, how would you know he doesn't have top pairing potential. He can absolutely be a serviceable top pairing d-man. He has all the tools. Just because he isn't elite in one category doesn't mean he won't be one.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Reasonable and fair post. Now I'm not sold on Horvat being a legitimate blue-chipper (he may be closer to a Couturier type prospect than a Draisaitl, Nylander) but I do hope he works out and I will be following closely with great curiosity.

In between all the hatred, I do have a lot of empathy for fans like yourself. Sticking by the Canucks through a rough patch and having to deal with a incompetent GM that has been long overdue (Felt like my hate on JFJ/Burke/Nonis fell on deaf ears for years). I could never respect a GM like Burke who refused to even acknowledge the utility of analytics, metrics. Felt like he was living in the stone age in the 21st century. I didn't agree with the Kessel trade the day it happened but the first time I recall seriously questioning the authenticity of his regime was the Tim Connolly deal. Thankfully, I have full faith in the current regime for both the Leafs and Raptors (upcoming future may be bleak but I wouldn't fault the GM for this)...Jays not so much.

I thought benning was okay through year one, the Dorsett and Sbisa contract sent it downhill. As for Horvat, he's unlikely to become an elite scorer but the rest of his game is so good that he may not need to score 70-80 points.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
How about Kapanen+ for Juolevi
Leafs value Kapanen more than other teams do and Vancouver values Juolevi more than other teams do.

IMO this is how this will go...to Toronto fans it looks (close to) fair, to neutral fans it looks clearly unfair, and to Vancouver fans it looks TERRIBLE and laughable.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Leafs value Kapanen more than other teams do and Vancouver values Juolevi more than other teams do.

IMO this is how this will go...to Toronto fans it looks (close to) fair, to neutral fans it looks clearly unfair, and to Vancouver fans it looks TERRIBLE and laughable.

Thanks for coming out...!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad