Toronto sports media talk (the FAN continues its changes)

somecut*

Tim and Sid annoy the **** of of me. They just try so hard at pretending they were the cool kids in 1991. They aren't fooling anyone.

They were no Dylan MacKay and Brandon Walsh.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I have a hard time believing any Radio sports shows do good at the evening, noon or early morning. I know I personally could care less about sports at those time slots it's not that the personalities are not good it's just that I really don't want to hear about sports at those times of the day. I think the 3-6 time slot is the only one worthy, so it's too bad that all these personalities had to get fired but it's the nature of the beast. You get a bad time slot and it's basically a time bomb.

I just was hoping they fired that irritating d ouch e bag Damien Cox off of McCowns show. I really can't stand his arrogant tone and general annoyance. He's always cutting off Shannon, McCown, Brunt and Friedman.

How that hack has a job is beyond me.

threeGo

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto
I have a hard time believing any Radio sports shows do good at the evening, noon or early morning. I know I personally could care less about sports at those time slots it's not that the personalities are not good it's just that I really don't want to hear about sports at those times of the day. I think the 3-6 time slot is the only one worthy, so it's too bad that all these personalities had to get fired but it's the nature of the beast. You get a bad time slot and it's basically a time bomb.

I just was hoping they fired that irritating d ouch e bag Damien Cox off of McCowns show. I really can't stand his arrogant tone and general annoyance. He's always cutting off Shannon, McCown, Brunt and Friedman.

How that hack has a job is beyond me.

I have to agree with you. The 3-6 time slot is the best as it is at the end of the school/work day for people and its a nice way to catch up with anything that's happened during the day while your going home.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I like Bryan hayes but he doesn't do his homework. He was commenting on something that Nadal and Federer were doing before the Australian Open started and he was kind of giving it to Federer when it was obvious he didn't listen to what Federer said.

I switch back and forth between the stations. I liked Richards at first but his humour is pretty juvenile and degrading to women. I listen to Brady/Lang, then Blair by default cause the Dan Patrick show is all football/basketball, back to Hockey Central, then back to Hayes and usually Cybulski over McCown. Cybulski is a bit hyper but at least he isn't miserable like McCown.

bleeney

Mar 29, 2008
I'm so glad that TSN started up Blue Lunch. They must be killing 590 in the ratings in the GTA.

I got so sick of MacLean & co. on HockeyCentral talking about the Coyotes, Blue Jackets and Panthers, while rarely mentioning the Leafs.

This is Toronto for **** sake! We are the biggest, most rabid fanbase in the entire league.

I catch Blue Lunch every day. It's like Leaf Lunch without the bitterness of Bill Waters.

Fan 590... rarely tune it in anymore.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I'm so glad that TSN started up Blue Lunch. They must be killing 590 in the ratings in the GTA.

I got so sick of MacLean & co. on HockeyCentral talking about the Coyotes, Blue Jackets and Panthers, while rarely mentioning the Leafs.

This is Toronto for **** sake! We are the biggest, most rabid fanbase in the entire league.

I catch Blue Lunch every day. It's like Leaf Lunch without the bitterness of Bill Waters.

Fan 590... rarely tune it in anymore.

I get all my Leaf stuff I need from right here really. I don't need a ton of Leaf talk on the Radio. I appreciate the FAN590 because they talk about just about everything which suits me. I get some baseball, basketball and everything else in between talk. I don't need to hear what Phaneuf had for breakfast today or that Burke denied some trade rumour.

If you're are a Leaf fan who pays attention, you probably know most of what the radio personalities are going to talk about anyways.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I never really liked Lang, but he was better on radio than he was on TV. I wouldn't be surprised to see Joey Vendetta get a more permanent spot on the schedule; I just don't know if he is a morning show kind of guy.

I get all my Leaf stuff I need from right here really. I don't need a ton of Leaf talk on the Radio. I appreciate the FAN590 because they talk about just about everything which suits me. I get some baseball, basketball and everything else in between talk. I don't need to hear what Phaneuf had for breakfast today or that Burke denied some trade rumour.

If you're are a Leaf fan who pays attention, you probably know most of what the radio personalities are going to talk about anyways.

Thats just it. Living in southern Ontario, I get all the Leafs coverage I could ever possibly need through sheer osmosis. Unless something REALLY BIG just happened in Leaf land, I don't want to listen to an hour of talk pertaining to just the Leafs.

Its part of why I like Tim and Sid so much. They're much more general sports fans. It isn't all (as McCown would say) "hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey" with them. They will talk about the big news, but then they will move on.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
I never really liked Lang, but he was better on radio than he was on TV. I wouldn't be surprised to see Joey Vendetta get a more permanent spot on the schedule; I just don't know if he is a morning show kind of guy.

Thats just it. Living in southern Ontario, I get all the Leafs coverage I could ever possibly need through sheer osmosis. Unless something REALLY BIG just happened in Leaf land, I don't want to listen to an hour of talk pertaining to just the Leafs.

Its part of why I like Tim and Sid so much. They're much more general sports fans. It isn't all (as McCown would say) "hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey, hockey" with them. They will talk about the big news, but then they will move on.

Tim and Sid are by far the weakest segment on the enitire program. A couple of middle aged men, who find each other extremely funny, and resort to immature music and horns to try to appease to a younger audience. Probably decent guys to meet, but I personally cant stand them. for what they try to do on the radio.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Lang will end up on TSN Radio.

Guaranteed.

Speaking of TSN Radio, losing Cybulski must have been a blow.

And TSN seems to be running those ridiculous Mike Richards adverts on a permanent loop again. Who in God's name green lit the creation, and continues to green light to repetition of those ads? A fat old man with a floppy jowl jiggling down a hallway making thinly veiled references to male waxing while chicks stare at him and "paparazzi" takes photos? Its embarrassing to even look at. I feel bad for Richards even because I am sure he isn't that big of a *********.

Tim and Sid are by far the weakest segment on the enitire program. A couple of middle aged men, who find each other extremely funny, and resort to immature music and horns to try to appease to a younger audience. Probably decent guys to meet, but I personally cant stand them. for what they try to do on the radio.

Certainly their style isn't for everyone, but the ratings would suggest your opinion is not shared by many.

I love what they try and do on the radio. Sports are a joke distraction from actual stuff that matters; and they do a great job of treating it as such.

Though I have listened to them since they were doing to podcast for The Score and they were completely uncensored, so I am rather inclined to like them, even if their show has changed a fair bit.

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Certainly their style isn't for everyone, but the ratings would suggest your opinion is not shared by many.

I love what they try and do on the radio. Sports are a joke distraction from actual stuff that matters; and they do a great job of treating it as such.

Though I have listened to them since they were doing to podcast for The Score and they were completely uncensored, so I am rather inclined to like them, even if their show has changed a fair bit.

I agree. Tim and Sid are my favourite part of the station. I understand why they'd rub some the wrong way but if you put their attempted humour and horns to the side, their content is actually very good.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
This, I know they've got a good audience with the younger crowd, but never found them as funny as they find each other. Their content, it's not bad to me, but I find them annoying sometimes
They should have just kept Stelick and Landry. They were much better. I'm not a Greg Brady fan at all but he has improved since his leaf lunch days on AM640.

Yep, really liked that duo.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
This, I know they've got a good audience with the younger crowd, but never found them as funny as they find each other. Their content, it's not bad to me, but I find them annoying sometimes

Yep, really liked that duo.

Bolded is the best way to describe it for me.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

35 is middle aged? Anyways, what they bring to the table is discussion that isn't dry or scripted. I usually have them on the radio at the warehouse and it seems to go over well with the other guys. It's a youngish pair of hosts, targeting a young demographic. There are lots of other shows for the older crowd, like PTS. I do enjoy the round table segment on fridays though.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
35 is middle aged? Anyways, what they bring to the table is discussion that isn't dry or scripted. I usually have them on the radio at the warehouse and it seems to go over well with the other guys. It's a youngish pair of hosts, targeting a young demographic. There are lots of other shows for the old a feeble, like PTS.

Its clearly a matter of opinion and taste. They try too hard to be funny, and remind me of two young kids giggling at each other in the school yard at lunch when one would say "pee" and the other "poo". The horn is unbeliveably irritating, and the old school rap they play to appease an audience is scripted as I have ever seen. Again, its personal opinion, but due to my career I spend alot of time in my car, and cringe at the 1:00 hour on my radio. It is affixed to the fan. Since when is late 30's not mid life?

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Just another point, I'm a Fan590 guy for the most part. But the Tatti/Hogan pairing on TSN1050 has become my favourite pairing on either of the stations. I think they're excellent together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad