Toronto sports media talk (the FAN continues its changes)

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Do people like Bryan hayes? Its unfortunate he's the host. I mainly tune in to hear Jeff and Jamie talk. This bryan guy is a blowhard. Calling phaneuf a beer leager, bad captain, blasting the leafs for not reporting medical information the day after an injury, etc. Also sounds more like a college jock talking about chuggin beers, hyperbolic chambers, etc. meh just find him annoying. Wish they'd replace him with Kouleas.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Do people like Bryan hayes? Its unfortunate he's the host. I mainly tune in to hear Jeff and Jamie talk. This bryan guy is a blowhard. Calling phaneuf a beer leager, bad captain, blasting the leafs for not reporting medical information the day after an injury, etc. Also sounds more like a college jock talking about chuggin beers, hyperbolic chambers, etc. meh just find him annoying. Wish they'd replace him with Kouleas.

Jamie is the only person worth listening too on that show.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
One of the smarter guys out there IMHO.

Brady?

Greg Brady? That annoying little twerp from the DEEEEE?

Thought it seemed pretty unanimous that he needs the boot. Having said that Ive never been able to listen to him long enough to determine if he has any intelligence or not. Comes off as a whiny little suburban brat, enough so that I immediately tune out.

Durkin67

Brady?

Greg Brady? That annoying little twerp from the DEEEEE?

Thought it seemed pretty unanimous that he needs the boot. Having said that Ive never been able to listen to him long enough to determine if he has any intelligence or not. Comes off as a whiny little suburban brat, enough so that I immediately tune out.

Brady is pompous and arrogant. You're pretty much bang on. Cant stand the way he talks down to his audience. I dont bother listening to him at all anymore. Really like the ODOG Jeff O'Neil as well on TSN...

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
The Fan in particular should have learned this lesson long ago when they went from being one of the top radio stations in Toronto to a ratings disaster in very short order when they dropped the Leafs broadcasts in favour of the Blue Jays.

Umm? When did that happen?

I don't remember the Fan ever "dropping" the Leafs in favour of the Jays. The Jays were always on the Fan (which was CJCL and Telemedia before becoming the Fan when it adopted the all-sports format in 1992), until the late 1990s when the team wanted too much for its radio rights that the Fan balked at the price. The Jays left the station and ended up, I believe, on 1050 Chum, which turned out to be a big mistake. Jays broadcasts returned to the Fan when Rogers bought the team (Rogers had purchased the Fan prior to the team).

I believe the Fan lost Leafs broadcasts when Q107 out bid them for the rights. The Fan wanted to keep the hockey broadcasts, but was outbid when the existing contract expired. The Leafs took the money, but it turned out to be a mistake as well. Q107's listeners didn't like hockey showing up regularly during the winter months on their station and Leafs fans weren't impressed with the team's broadcasts being on a channel that didn't have a sports focus. The broadcasts ended up bouncing to 640 (a Q107 affiliate) and are now split between the Rogers/Bell radio properties.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
One of the smarter guys out there IMHO.

Ya, and if you ask him I'm sure he'd tell you all about how smart he is.

I can't stand Brady, his lame pop culture references, the smarmy tone. It's just too much for me to take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad