Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v6 (2021 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
End of an era. Tim and Sid just go together, and it'll be weird that they'll no longer be. Knew this day would sometime come, but never thought it actually would.

I've always said and thought -- you take Sid's schtick away...if he let he be himself...and he is one of the best broadcasters in the country. Hopefully his move to a more serious, non-sports oriented show will allow him to both show it as well as realize it.

Reactions: definedMF

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I never listened to much of Tim & Sid, but good for Sid. BT will probably be a good retirement plan for him.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
That sucks. I can see why people get annoyed with Sid, but at the same time I think those people are just old and cranky. He can be a little much, but overall, he’s half of the best sports show there is.

Don’t have to say much about Tim - Best in the business, and that’s no exaggeration. Sid can be good when he wants to as well, but his schtick helped out grow the show with younger audiences. He’s funny, and a good mix with Tim.

I wish him all the best. The show certainly won’t be the same without him.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Stephen A. Smith called, he wants his indignant style of ranting back, Sid.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Oh god no!!!!

my wife watches bt everyday, his sports takes are horrendous I don’t want to hear him on anything else.

also is bt adding an air horn and fart noises? That’s the extent of his humour he’s got nothing else

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Thank you, this is all news to me, how did it happen? Did someone retire to make an opening at Breakfast television and is Tim continuing the sports show?
I’m not sure. I don’t watch or follow, just knew what it was.

Again, not sure but I would think Tim will continue in some capacity. He’s one of the best in the business.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I’m not sure. I don’t watch or follow, just knew what it was.

Again, not sure but I would think Tim will continue in some capacity. He’s one of the best in the business.
Tim is the more rational person whereas Sid constantly complains.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Tim is one of the best, I actually want Tim to be in HNIC after Maclean retires. Good luck with Sid.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Tim is the more rational person whereas Sid constantly complains.
:laugh: Yeah, but they made a pretty entertaining pair.

I would have guessed Tim would be the one leaving for a bigger platform (and likely bigger paycheque) but good for Sid. Hope it works out for him.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
I won't miss Sid Seixeiro, as his schtick got old real quick, and Tim Micallef was really the only reason I would watch/listen to them.

Anyone catch overdrive yesterday ?
I really need to start ignoring them again, as O-Dog was going off yet again. This time crying and complaining because he was having technical issues and people were asking him about it. Pulled the "if one more thing happens, that's it I'm done for the day, It'll be the Hayes and Seigel show moving forward". My 8 year old Daughter acts more mature than he does.

Reactions: supermann_98

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Is that a better gig than he had? Or is he tired of sports?
Based on what most on-air morning show hosts get paid, I would guess it’s probably a lot more money but I don’t know for sure.

I know he’s a huge sports fan so it seems more likely that it was money/opportunity driven but again, I’m just guessing.

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Based on what most on-air morning show hosts get paid, I would guess it’s probably a lot more money but I don’t know for sure.

I know he’s a huge sports fan so it seems more likely that it was money/opportunity driven but again, I’m just guessing.
I’m so out of touch with TV. Other than sports the last thing I watched were the Covid press conferences last March.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Thank you, this is all news to me, how did it happen? Did someone retire to make an opening at Breakfast television and is Tim continuing the sports show?
Hes staying and im sure someone like Donovan Bennett will join him full time.

I always liked there shows, brought some humor instead the same old dragging on sports stuff.

Reactions: hoglund

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
That sucks. I can see why people get annoyed with Sid, but at the same time I think those people are just old and cranky. He can be a little much, but overall, he’s half of the best sports show there is.

Don’t have to say much about Tim - Best in the business, and that’s no exaggeration. Sid can be good when he wants to as well, but his schtick helped out grow the show with younger audiences. He’s funny, and a good mix with Tim.

I wish him all the best. The show certainly won’t be the same without him.
I'm 34 and had to completely stop watching Tim and Sid because of how much of a loud obnoxious moron Sid is. Sid also had the gall to make a comment about Stephen A Smith a couple years ago when Sid does the same thing.

Reactions: BM14

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
I won't miss Sid Seixeiro, as his schtick got old real quick, and Tim Micallef was really the only reason I would watch/listen to them.

Anyone catch overdrive yesterday ?
I really need to start ignoring them again, as O-Dog was going off yet again. This time crying and complaining because he was having technical issues and people were asking him about it. Pulled the "if one more thing happens, that's it I'm done for the day, It'll be the Hayes and Seigel show moving forward". My 8 year old Daughter acts more mature than he does.
Odog is pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad