Post-Game Talk: TORONTO @ OTTAWA | That was uh... bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

keon

Nov 9, 2002
Visit site
We are missing JVR and Bozak but this was not an NHL roster. Rebuild is great but we need some respectability to go with it. We need to sign at least 1 Top 4 defenceman. I really like Conner Carrick as a #6.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
for the last 1/2 of the season you were basically all "fire shanahan because we're bad".

they're going to lose more than they win. you don't have to cheer for it - but you don't have to get mad because. shock - the barely NHL calibre team isn't winning either.

I have not been actively calling for the firing of Shanahan. That's just nonsense. What I have said is that if he's not willing to speak up against League injustices, then, he should be fired. Specifically, I was talking about the Komarov suspension!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I have not been actively calling for the firing of Shanahan. That's just nonsense. What I have said is that if he's not willing to speak up against League injustices, then, he should be fired. Specifically, I was talking about the Komarov suspension!

you did last year.

this reason right here wasn't really a good reason to fire him either. but whatever. i don't care. you said you didn't, you didn't, i'm really not in the mood to debate you on this right now.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Leafs outclassed in the goaltending department.

Couple mistakes by the old timer, Gardiner also hurt the results (good for the tank).

I have no complaints about the result, meaningless games until the end of the season for the Leafs.

If they end the season guaranteed of the 4th. overall pick it is a successful campaign.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It's not even that. Nylander's game is completely different from Sosh's. Sosh can go out there and be a little spark plug, bang and crash into everyone and show off a little skill and it's "oooh, yay!"

Nylander is not that type of player. he has to learn how to attack - not to receive the game (a lot of skilled rookies need to learn that - McDavid it. and Nylander is NOT MCDavid - so the adaptation takes longer). making a snap judgement and calling him a bust etc because he's not Sosh .. first :shakehead and second - against the very thing y'all say you can handle - being patient with the youngins.

You are right on! Way too early to call him a bust. However, he hasn't shown much in the short time he's been up. And yes, it takes time for the confidence to develop for many young skill players.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Yeah, Valiev definitely had an impressive debut. He's strong on the boards and was positionally sound.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
you did last year.

this reason right here wasn't really a good reason to fire him either. but whatever. i don't care. you said you didn't, you didn't, i'm really not in the mood to debate you on this right now.

You would really have to show me the posts. I just don't remember the context as to why I would have actively, seriously, called for Shanahan to be fired. Sorry.

If anything, I may have been frustrated with a specific loss and spouted some angry comments as a result.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Valiev was good. He didn't make any big mistakes and didn't sit on Sparks lol.

Nylander was setting up some good scoring chances but there wasn't anyone like a Stamkos to finish.

All in all sucks to lose to Ottawa but if that means #1 draft pick, s'all good

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Valiev was good. He didn't make any big mistakes and didn't sit on Sparks lol.

Nylander was setting up some good scoring chances but there wasn't anyone like a Stamkos to finish.

All in all sucks to lose to Ottawa but if that means #1 draft pick, s'all good

Well it means a 20% chance at the pick lol. 1 in 5 odds, not that great.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Was at the game tonight, we were very average. A few individuals had moments, Nylander,Rielly,Hyman but nothing sustained. We need to finish our checks, I don't mean plaster guys but we made it far to easy for Ottawa to exit the zone. Finishing checks hurries the D and can create turnovers. We are not greasy enough.
Willy has excellent skill but PA (IMO) isn't the right fit on his line. Nylander needs some bigger boys with scoring ability. Overall a very average effort.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Wasn't impressed to see Reilly just skate over to touch someone in front of the net. He needs to keep on skating a little to keep the attacker's balance off.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
For what it's worth, I think Nylander was one of few forwards who created any chances at all tonight.

I agree, I think most of the young players played well, and the older players were not doing a lot but we have to hand it to the Sens, they played very well and jumped on every miscue we made.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012

what? :laugh:

Anna-Kendrick-Confused-Look.gif

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010

Agreed.

Shanahan the guy who knows the NHL head office executives because he was working there 2 years ago and Lamoriello the guy who basically wrote the CBA... We should trust that they are doing all they can behind the scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad